Hockey....everything to do with the coolest game on earth

wildone

• Site Administrator
The Canucks will bring the Stanley Cup HOME to Vancouver.

Everything else is details. :P

I guess their is always a first time :D .

But make sure you write down in here how your beloved Canucks or in Jack's case, Canadiens, will get there.

Mark, I was surprised you didn't go with your Blues :o ,

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Mark is unbiased, unlike me.

Hockey is never a matter of being logical... It's a religion... a defended belief that we find holy and undisputable.

So I am member of the Habs sect in this whole hockey religion shebang.

NO ONE SHALL QUESTION MY BELIEFS!!!

:D

Edited by Jack Frost

I guess their is always a first time :D .

But make sure you write down in here how your beloved Canucks or in Jack's case, Canadiens, will get there.

Mark, I was surprised you didn't go with your Blues :o ,

I almost did, but I want to win.

• Site Administrator

Ranger's, Devil's, Penguins, and Canucks all take a one game lead after the first night of playoffs.

About 24 hours to get your picks in or Mark wins unchallenged :P .

Come on hockey fans!!!

Ranger's, Devil's, Penguins, and Canucks all take a one game lead after the first night of playoffs.

About 24 hours to get your picks in or Mark wins unchallenged :P .

Come on hockey fans!!!

I'd rather kick some ass. :D

• Site Administrator

Well if no one else plays Mark, you win :great: .

I might as well post what I think will happen, even though I can't enter :( .

First Round East: #1 Bruins, #7 Rangers, #3 Devils, #4 Penguins

First Round West #8 Ducks, #2 Wings, #3 Canucks, #5 Flames

Second Round East: #1 Bruins, #3 Devils

Second Round West: #2 Wings, #5 Flames

Third Round East: #1 Bruins

Third Round West: #2 Wings

Stanley Cup: #1 Bruins

Things I agree with on this thread:

1) Leafs are losers

2) Bertuzzi is a jackass

3) I'll never cheer for Sundin either (though wouldn't it be a nice bitchslap to Toronto if he won the Cup with Vancouver after all those losing seasons with the Leafs?)

4) Mike Keenan is indeed the antichrist

5) Go HABS Go!

I'm probably too late to this thread, but in case I'm not, here are my picks:

First Round East Winners: #1 Bruins, #2 Capitals, #4 Penguins, #6 Hurricanes

First Round West Winners: #1 Sharks, #2 Wings, #3 Canucks, #4 Blackhawks

Second Round East Winners: #6 Hurricanes, #4 Penguins

Second Round West Winners: #1 Sharks, #3 Canucks

Eastern Conference Winners: #6 Hurricanes

Western Conference Winners: #3 Canucks

Stanley Cup Champions: #3 Canucks

I really do want to cheer on my Habs. But realistically speaking...

(And yes, I'm aware that some of the first games contradict my picks above, namely Washington and New Jersey. But I made my first round picks on Tuesday and I'll stand by them.)

• Site Administrator
I'm probably too late to this thread, but in case I'm not, here are my picks:

First Round East Winners: #1 Bruins, #2 Capitals, #4 Penguins, #6 Hurricanes

First Round West Winners: #1 Sharks, #2 Wings, #3 Canucks, #4 Blackhawks

Second Round East Winners: #6 Hurricanes, #4 Penguins

Second Round West Winners: #1 Sharks, #3 Canucks

Eastern Conference Winners: #6 Hurricanes

Western Conference Winners: #3 Canucks

Stanley Cup Champions: #3 Canucks

I really do want to cheer on my Habs. But realistically speaking...

(And yes, I'm aware that some of the first games contradict my picks above, namely Washington and New Jersey. But I made my first round picks on Tuesday and I'll stand by them.)

No Problem, you had about 2 1/2 hours left :2thumbs: .

And with less than 2 hours to go.....

• Site Administrator

Wow, four games done now and who would have thunk that what has happened has happened.

First off, I was seriously suprised with Montreal's exit after four games. If it's any consolation, I believe that the Habs were taken out by this year's Stanley Cup Champs. I guess the unfortunate thing about Montreal's exit is that the saying that there is four seasons in Montreal; the preseason, the season, the post season and the blame season, is now about to begin. I don't know if I would blame Price, but I would just accept that Boston is the better team and proved it.

Second, Vancouver. Wow. I did not think that they would sweep St. Louis. I was really pulling for the Blues last night when they went to overtime. I don't believe that Vancouver has another round in them though. Reason for that is Luongo appears to have a groin injury. Never mind that ghost that hit him last night, which I think he actually agravated his groin when the mystery person hit him and he flopped around like a fish out of water, but he was slow getting up there after.

So Sean Avery....I wonder if Tortorella will bench him. I know some like his antics, but I honestly do believe that he was the cause of a lot of stress for his team and Washington. Personally if the Rangers move on, I hope it is without Avery. Enough is enough.

Wow to the Anaheim Ducks. I was kind of happy that San Jose managed a win in Anaheim, but I think it is for not. If I were to bet, I would now call for an Anaheim/Boston final.

Chicago/Calgary? I know I'm not cheering for any team, but Calgary definitely has shown some grit when it comes to coming back. Calgary hasn't ever won after going down two games, but for some reason I think this may be a different outcome. I think that Chicago's biggest mistake was to dish out the unprecedent (not my words, but the league officials) verbal abuse against Iginla. He is one player you don't want to piss off. A few years ago, Tampa Bay learned very quickly, don't piss off the captain. My bets are on Calgary to win Saturday in Chicago and then again in game six.

Well that's about all I have for now. Don't really have too much to say about Detroit other than it was expected. Jersey/Carolina, who knows.

Lastly, honestly I feel for the Habs. It is too bad that they had to take on Boston in round one.

Steve B)

Wow, four games done now and who would have thunk that what has happened has happened.

First off, I was seriously suprised with Montreal's exit after four games. If it's any consolation, I believe that the Habs were taken out by this year's Stanley Cup Champs. I guess the unfortunate thing about Montreal's exit is that the saying that there is four seasons in Montreal; the preseason, the season, the post season and the blame season, is now about to begin. I don't know if I would blame Price, but I would just accept that Boston is the better team and proved it.

Second, Vancouver. Wow. I did not think that they would sweep St. Louis. I was really pulling for the Blues last night when they went to overtime. I don't believe that Vancouver has another round in them though. Reason for that is Luongo appears to have a groin injury. Never mind that ghost that hit him last night, which I think he actually agravated his groin when the mystery person hit him and he flopped around like a fish out of water, but he was slow getting up there after.

So Sean Avery....I wonder if Tortorella will bench him. I know some like his antics, but I honestly do believe that he was the cause of a lot of stress for his team and Washington. Personally if the Rangers move on, I hope it is without Avery. Enough is enough.

Wow to the Anaheim Ducks. I was kind of happy that San Jose managed a win in Anaheim, but I think it is for not. If I were to bet, I would now call for an Anaheim/Boston final.

Chicago/Calgary? I know I'm not cheering for any team, but Calgary definitely has shown some grit when it comes to coming back. Calgary hasn't ever won after going down two games, but for some reason I think this may be a different outcome. I think that Chicago's biggest mistake was to dish out the unprecedent (not my words, but the league officials) verbal abuse against Iginla. He is one player you don't want to piss off. A few years ago, Tampa Bay learned very quickly, don't piss off the captain. My bets are on Calgary to win Saturday in Chicago and then again in game six.

Well that's about all I have for now. Don't really have too much to say about Detroit other than it was expected. Jersey/Carolina, who knows.

Lastly, honestly I feel for the Habs. It is too bad that they had to take on Boston in round one.

Steve B)

You were surprised the Blues were swept? There are some really pissed off people here in St. Louis that feel the same way. That, and they're really pissed about the goal they denied the Blues because they said there was a stop in play. My ass. Anyway, I think the Canucks played well, Luongo was a rock star, but I think they still have some wins in them.

Oh, were you a Habs fan? :wacko:

Wtf haven't I been so clear throughout this bloody topic.

Overwelming signs that I'm a Habs fan.

1) I live in Montreal.

That should be it!

Boston must die a violently happy death.

:)

Edited by Jack Frost

Jack Frost, it's a blip, don't worry. Let Boston have this one. They did deserve it, after all... And besides, in the record 32 times that the Habs and the Bruins have faced in the playoffs in their history, the Habs have come out on top 24 times. Boston was kinda overdue.

The Habs will always be the greatest team in hockey, indeed, the greatest team in sport. We just, erm, kinda suck right now.

Wtf haven't I been so clear throughout this bloody topic.

Overwelming signs that I'm a Habs fan.

1) I live in Montreal.

That should be it!

Boston must die a violently happy death.

:)

Yeah, and you get touchy when people poke you about it. :P

The Habs will always be the greatest team in hockey, indeed, the greatest team in sport. We just, erm, kinda suck right now.

If it's of any consolation, it's always better than the Leafs.

Like at my friend's roommate at a party last night. His room had "NO LEAFS HERE".

I was so overtaken by emotions of pride. He walked around in his undies.

I couldn't stop lusting at a professed Hab fan... and his chest.

-.-

GO HABS GO!!!

Yeah, and you get touchy when people poke you about it

I'm a born-again hockey fundie. As I said... it's a religion. No one shall question it. Period. Full stop.

Edited by Jack Frost

*wonders if the guy had on Montreal Canadian Undies* I had a touchlamp back in the day and the apartment i lived in my bedroom was some Nursery baby theme when i moved in i went EEEEWW! and turned my room into Montreal, I was umm 13? Maybe i know Patrick Roy (it's fun saying his name cuz i pronounce it the french way) was the goalie then that's how long time ago it was lol.

I think i might still have that lamp in my grandma's attic it's got a puck for the base, the lampshade caught on fire lol. I remember that much the smell of burnt plastic.

At least i'm not a leafs fan :) Though for Ontario teams i cheer for Ottawa lol.

Found an oilers joke :) and i know a few of you are oilers fans

An Oilers fan was driving home from work and he passed by the local priest. He stops and offers him a lift. The priest thanks him kindly and together they proceed to the church to drop the priest off.

On the way they pass a man walking his dog on the other side of the road. On closer inspection the man was seen to be wearing a replica Flames sweater. Now, the Oiler fan that was driving just hated the Flames, and he suddenly felt an uncontrollable urge to run his car into him. He put his foot down on the accelerator and tried to hit him. At the last minute the Flames fan jumped out of the way, the driver of the car heard a bang, but he was sure he'd missed him.

The two men proceeded to the church in silence. The Oilers fan pulled up and said, "Look Father, I'm really sorry about that incident back there. I don't know what came over me. Can you forgive me, Father??"

The Priest replied, "Of course I can forgive you, my son. Don't worry - I GOT HIM WITH THE CAR DOOR."

Found an oilers joke :) and i know a few of you are oilers fans

An Oilers fan was driving home from work and he passed by the local priest. He stops and offers him a lift. The priest thanks him kindly and together they proceed to the church to drop the priest off.

On the way they pass a man walking his dog on the other side of the road. On closer inspection the man was seen to be wearing a replica Flames sweater. Now, the Oiler fan that was driving just hated the Flames, and he suddenly felt an uncontrollable urge to run his car into him. He put his foot down on the accelerator and tried to hit him. At the last minute the Flames fan jumped out of the way, the driver of the car heard a bang, but he was sure he'd missed him.

The two men proceeded to the church in silence. The Oilers fan pulled up and said, "Look Father, I'm really sorry about that incident back there. I don't know what came over me. Can you forgive me, Father??"

The Priest replied, "Of course I can forgive you, my son. Don't worry - I GOT HIM WITH THE CAR DOOR."

:lol::lol::lol::lol: ..........Ya'll really love your hockey!

• Site Administrator

Despite the fact that I'm going to probably pay like hell for this one, I will tell it anyway. :D

A small plane is flying accross Canada with four passengers on board. A Canucks Fan, A Oilers Fan, A Canadiens Fan and a boy scout.

Suddenly the planes engine begins sputtering and eventually dies. Since they are flying over northern Ontario, there is no where safe to land due to the vast forest.

The pilot tells the passengers that they will have to jump out of the plane with parachutes but unfortunatly there is only four chutes for the five of them.

The Canadiens fan reaches down and grabs a pack and tells everyone that since his team has been around longer than any of the other teams and that since he is part of the smartest fans and most knowledgable fans in the country, he should go first. He popped open the door and jumped out.

Next, the Oilers fan said that since his team had won the most Stanley Cups in the past twenty years and therefore the most modern championship team and was from the city that produced Wayne Gretzky, he should go next. So he grabs ones and leaps out the door.

Next, the Canucks fan says that since his team has never won the Stanley Cup he had to live another year in the possiblity that he may get to see them as Stanley Cup Champs. He grabs another pack and leaps out the door.

The pilot looks at the boy scout and says "Your much younger than me and have a longer life to live. Since I'm an old man now, why don't you take the last pack and save yourself."

The boy scout looks at the pilot and says that they both can jump and survive.

The pilot looks at the kid and asks how they both can use one parachute and both live when the other three have already taken the three other shutes.

The kid smiles at the pilot and says, "Well the guy with all the knowledge and claims to be the smartest wearing the jersey with the big C with an H in the middle just jumped out of the plane with my backpack.

:D

@Wildone: That was lame.

Anyway, back to hockey - wow, two serious comeback wins in two game 7s tonight, for the Caps and the Canes. The Canes pulled it off the most dramatically, scoring twice in the final minute of the game to achieve a come-from-behind win and eliminate the Devils to advance. It's the kind of photo finish that I wish my Habs had been able to pull off... But alas...

So my predictions were mostly correct. Went 7-1 in the first round, only missing the Sharks/Ducks (I think everyone predicted the Sharks, there. I shouldn't have underestimated Joe Thornton's ability to crap out in the playoffs spectacularly).

Onto Round 2...