NaNoWriMo

I have every intention of attempting such a feat, but who knows if I'll actually get it done...

I tried last year and got to 8,000, but I started on November 23rd, in my own defense.

Good luck Corvus, and anyone else who is gonna try!

I will try this once in the next four years.. lol. I just need to be inspired by a story enough to do it... and nothing I'm doing now has me rushing to complete it in a month. :P

But good luck participants!

:)

This is NaNoWriMo: http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Basically, you try to write a 50,000 word novel in one month. That's a bit less than 2,000 words a day. A bunch of my friends have convinced me to do it. Is anyone else here thinking of taking on this madness?

OMG!! You didn't tell me it's 2,000 words a day!

*cough* Okay I can do my own math, but... I didn't. Lalala. Anyway, that's okay though, I'll just have to make my maid work harder. Hmm I think I'll polish my whip now...

• 4 weeks later...
Well done!! :)

28,000+ to go, in one week... ahaha. -___- That's 4,000 a day. Meh.

Awww... Even if you don't make it in November, you're still a lot better off than my idiot friends, who gave up after the second day. And you've still got December to finish your novel, which really deserves to be finished. :)

Awww... Even if you don't make it in November, you're still a lot better off than my idiot friends, who gave up after the second day. And you've still got December to finish your novel, which really deserves to be finished. :)

Only December?!! But yeah, good to have a time limit, actually... and as long as you keep pushing me I hope it'll be all right. :)

And you keep yours coming, too, I can't wait to see it finished. :D

Aw... I was going to do this, but I like to use college as an excuse, and November is always a busy part of the semester.

I do have a friend who is about 5,000 words away from completing. Though, she's also got the freetime.

I want to do it next year though. I think it would be a good challenge, and if I started right away, there's no reason I couldn't make it!

I wanted to do this this year, too. I have several friends who are doing it, one of which is only 3,000 words away as of last update (!). Sadly, I was away for half of November travelling, so it didn't work out well for me this year. Ah well, there's always next year.

Congrats to those of you who are doing it. Regardless of how far you get, it's quite the accomplishment!

Omg, I just participated in this a few days ago lol. I had completely forgotten about it till a conversation regarding this was brought up by a friend of mine. I'm on a holiday in Singapore and Thailand now and while everyone's doing their shopping, I'm busy with my work in my hotel room haha