Favorite and least favorite household chore

Tiger

Favorite and least favorite household chores  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite household chores?

• Washing dishes (by hand)
    • Laundry
    • Cooking
    • Dusting
    • Sweeping and Mopping
    • Vacuuming
    • Cleaning the bathroom
    • Other (Please specify in your post)
  2. 2. What is your least favorite household chore?

• Washing dishes (by hand)
    • Laundry
    • Cooking
    • Dusting
    • Sweeping and Mopping
    • Vacuuming
    • Cleaning the bathroom
    • Other (Please specify in post)

I know I've expressed surprise at this before, but I just can't believe how many of you despise the dishes so much! LOL, of course it's your prerogative and your own taste, and in many ways I'm glad since that means that my own easy-goingness about them will probably be in demand, but it's still a surprise!

On many occasions in the past I've volunteered to help my friends clean up their places for various occasions or just general maintenance (and I guess I happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time :P:boy: ). I always head straight for the kitchen on such occasions! With a few of my friends whom I visit very often, I frequently start idly doing dishes while I'm waiting for them to get ready.

While I very much like to cook, I picked washing dishes as my favorite. With my hands in all that soapy water, it's one of the few times I don't get bothered.

• Nope, sorry, can't answer the phone right now, wet hands.
  • Nope, sorry, can't help you find yada yada yada right now, wet hands.
  • Nope, sorry, can't sew that button back on, wet hands.
  • Nope, sorry, can't drive you somewhere, wet hands.
  • Nope, sorry, can't bring you whatever it is you're too lazy to get yourself, wet hands.

:D

Time to sabotage the Dish Washer..

And, I voted for Cleaning the Bathroom as my least favorite. Cooking is my favorite, when I'm cooking for myself and not one meal at a time for the picky appetites the little brothers and sisters seem to have. They can't just all eat the same meal...

Anyway, as for why I chose them MEN MISS THE TOILET! Omg.. AIM men.. just saying.. its just disgusting to get down on your hands and knees.. wearing gloves thankfully.. and scrub away urine... swiffer just can't handle that sort of thing.. no no.. Just because you can stand to do No. 1.. doesn't mean you should. :blink:

But other than cooking, I love doing the laundry, its the one thing really that you can leave and do other things... a simple check up to put in bleach for the whites, fabric softeners... etc and you're all set.. Then the drying is a breeze.. just put them in and wait for the ding. :) And folding clothes is so slow, gives one time to just sit on the bed and fold and think.. and ahh... relaxing.

Don't mind cooking at all, so not a chore

Do a bit of dusting now & again, works better if you wrap said duster round your foot. Put foot on coffee table & move from side to side whilst watching TV. Gets real shiney after a couple of hours.

Washing dishes is fine, have a dishwasher.

Totally detest cleaning the bathroom, which is why having an anally retentive partner comes in dead handy sometimes. If you leave it just long enough.... 0:)

Edited by Sir_Galahad

For streak free glass/windows, use newspaper instead of a cloth or paper towels! Put a bit of clear vinegar in a spray bottle and fill with water, it's a whole lot better than the window cleaner crap with ammonia!!! YUK!

I cleaned school buses for a summer job for 3 years. My friend and I swear by it!

My favorite chore is actually mowing the lawn, when it's not really really hot outside. I do my best thinking during that time. Vacuuming is kind of the same way.

My least favorite chore is doing laundry in the dorm. I hate hauling everything down to the basement from the 3rd floor, and I HATE having to wait for other people to get their stuff out of the machines.

This is my first post here. Hello everyone. For some reason I can't vote in the poll so here's what I would have chosen.

My favorite domestic job; it's not a chore, laundry, coincides with my fondness for freshly laundered clothes. My least favorite chore, cleaning the bathroom, is the main reason I hired a maid who comes every other week. I love a clean bathroom, but hate making it that way myself. She does everything for me except laundry. She's tried doing laundry, but nobody does it, especially the ironing and folding, the way I like it.

Edited by GaryRoger

Hey, welcome. But how can you like doing laundry? Luckily Dave likes doing it, be screwed otherwise. lol

Thanks for the welcome.

Some people are addicted to drugs or alcohol. I'm addicted to the smell of Tide and Bounce. In a funny turn of fate, despite my addiction I manage to stay clean. ;)

It's good you have Dave. Although, if you didn't I'm sure you wouldn't exactly be screwed. You'd just have to do your own laundry. It beats wearing dirty, smelly clothes. :)

Those pop-up Lysol wipes (and probably other brands of the same thing) do a great job when you want to do a quick bathroom cleanup. Even a 30-second wipe around the commode can make the place look fairly clean.

For the shower, the stuff that sprays itself around the shower when it is wet will get rid of an amazing amount of stuff over time. You just push a button and close the shower door or curtain, and 20-seconds later it starts its spray.

Since I shower and haven't been in a tub (at home anyway) in several years, cleaning the tub is a matter of dusting. Sometimes I use the vacuum cleaner if everything is good and dry.

Haha! speaking of those lysol wipes, my supermarket has them at the entrance for use one the 'handles' of the shopping cart. I'm addicted, and need to use them every time I go to the store.

God Benji, u & my guy should get together for coffee or summit, after a 15 hour plane journey that is!

I swear he's got a wipe for everything, I even suspect he's got some for the cats ass somewhere around!! lol. U can be pottering around in the kitchen, & he's like a clean up Ninja or something, cos as soon as your finished there he is, wipe in hand cleaning the counter!

Get this, last Sunday was just kicking back reading my paper, went to the toilet for like 2 mins, came back paper, coffee cup both gone! He'd only chucked the paper out & put my cup in the dishwasher! Grrrr :rolleyes:

I might be weird... but I really like cleaning the bathroom. Scrubbing Bubbles is my favorite cleaner of all time, it's wonderful and smells so clean and fresh and good. I love the way porcelain looks insanely bright, shiny, polished, and absolutely spotless when you clean it. I like using scrub brushes and latex gloves and getting all the little cracks and crevices and nooks and crannies absolutely sparkling clean. It makes me feel better about life, like I've gotten rid of the germs in the bathroom and thus gotten rid of the bad stuff in my life through proxy.

Yeah I'm weird, whatevs. I'm also a mad cleaner... when I get angry, the place I'm living absolutely SPARKLES. Same thing when I get to feeling really out of control and overwhelmed. Got pissed off at my roomie a while back and spent like six hours sweeping/mopping/scrubbing/organizing the dorm room. It was so shiny when I was done. :D

This is my first post here. Hello everyone. For some reason I can't vote in the poll so here's what I would have chosen.

My favorite domestic job; it's not a chore, laundry, coincides with my fondness for freshly laundered clothes. My least favorite chore, cleaning the bathroom, is the main reason I hired a maid who comes every other week. I love a clean bathroom, but hate making it that way myself. She does everything for me except laundry. She's tried doing laundry, but nobody does it, especially the ironing and folding, the way I like it.

Welcome to the site, Gary! You'll be able to start voting in polls once you've made 5 posts :)

Thanks for the welcome.

Some people are addicted to drugs or alcohol. I'm addicted to the smell of Tide and Bounce. In a funny turn of fate, despite my addiction I manage to stay clean. ;)

:lol:

I might be weird... but I really like cleaning the bathroom. Scrubbing Bubbles is my favorite cleaner of all time, it's wonderful and smells so clean and fresh and good. I love the way porcelain looks insanely bright, shiny, polished, and absolutely spotless when you clean it. I like using scrub brushes and latex gloves and getting all the little cracks and crevices and nooks and crannies absolutely sparkling clean. It makes me feel better about life, like I've gotten rid of the germs in the bathroom and thus gotten rid of the bad stuff in my life through proxy.

Yeah I'm weird, whatevs. I'm also a mad cleaner... when I get angry, the place I'm living absolutely SPARKLES. Same thing when I get to feeling really out of control and overwhelmed. Got pissed off at my roomie a while back and spent like six hours sweeping/mopping/scrubbing/organizing the dorm room. It was so shiny when I was done. :D

I hate to point this out, Jamie, but considering he was your roommate, isn't that a bit like rewarding him for his bad behaviour? :boy: