Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

The Wardroom

That's what I like to see, lots of gratuitous sex. :P It looks like the honeymoon is still going, and what a surprise that Travers wanted Granger to play hide the sausage! :lol: That was certainly a turn up for the books.

Travers still gets quite defensive when George pays him a compliment, even when he was admiring the way he handled his ship. I guess he just not used to receiving them.

It was nice gesture on Grangers part to go out of his way and talk to Chilton the way he did, not many guys in his position would do that for someone of lower rank. And inviting him to a dinner party no less, I just wonder if the young bit of totty will become part of the main course. :lmao:

That was quick thinking to seize the American ship and fly it under British colours to protect it from the Algerians, nasty little buggers they were if my history serves me right.

Great chapter Mark. :2thumbs:

• Like 2

Superb chapter, Mark! :worship::worship:

Sex and adventure on the high seas! Woo - Hoo!!! B):wub:

Yes, a very cunning plan was that! Kudos to Travers. :D

It surprised me that Granger feels jealous thinking about Travers with another man. That's cute. Even sweeter was Travers telling Granger that he was "more of a sexual being". :wub:

• Like 2

The relationship between Granger and Travers seems to be intensifying as their feelings for each other grow stronger, which on reflection certainly bodes well for the future. Travers willingness, apparently out of the blue, to allow George to top him, just shows how far they have come. The trepidation they feel for each other

• Like 2

ch 4:

alliances of Spain:

historically, Spain had been a traditional enemy of France. All those wars they fought against each other in 1500s and 1600s.

However, the Borbon dynasty accession to the Spanish throne in 1700 changed that *a bit*. The Borbon kings of Spain were -throughout 1700s- willing to stay on good terms with their kinsmen, the Bourbon kings of France. But, it was basically, 'with kings of France', not particularly 'with the French or France'. Now that France has beheaded its king, exiled its royals, and is a republic, there's afaik nothing to keep the Spanish with the French. The government of Spain could be expected to hate the French 'regicides', and be in alliances against France - and somewhat reverting to the 1500s-1600s attitude, i.e Spain willing to snatch border territories from the French.

ch 4:

alliances of Spain:

historically, Spain had been a traditional enemy of France. All those wars they fought against each other in 1500s and 1600s.

However, the Borbon dynasty accession to the Spanish throne in 1700 changed that *a bit*. The Borbon kings of Spain were -throughout 1700s- willing to stay on good terms with their kinsmen, the Bourbon kings of France. But, it was basically, 'with kings of France', not particularly 'with the French or France'. Now that France has beheaded its king, exiled its royals, and is a republic, there's afaik nothing to keep the Spanish with the French. The government of Spain could be expected to hate the French 'regicides', and be in alliances against France - and somewhat reverting to the 1500s-1600s attitude, i.e Spain willing to snatch border territories from the French.

Yet Spain would make Peace with France in 1795 and actively join the war on the French side in October of 1796.

Yet Spain would make Peace with France in 1795 and actively join the war on the French side in October of 1796.

that's what happens in high politics.

Spain iirc was then in 1814-1815 tightly with the efforts to bring down France.

(and no doubt there were other vicissitudes....)

Imo, it's the thing that Spain and its governments tend to work in the interests of Spain.

-----

btw, iirc

Spain had a spotty history with and against the brits...

and Spain has in the history warred occasionally against USA - but also been on the same side with USA.

So the honeymoon is over, Travers & Granger are parted once more. :( I'm sure they will have a little get together now & again since they seem to be in the same stretch of water, but probably not as often as each other would like. On the plus side, Travers seemed to get away with his wee ploy with the American ship, I think the Admiral approved!

It certainly didn't take Georgie boy long to find a new f*** buddy, in the same day he got on board no less. These Navy boys don't seem to waste any time do they! :lol: Devlin does seem a bit strange though, maybe he just does it for release, who can say. I expect there's a story there somewhere.

:2hands: Mutiny on the Desperate & our boy has got to go in & sort the whole bloody mess out. Very interested to see who the ringleaders behind that were. I wonder if the officers may have egged the men on a tad. I guess we'll find out in the next chapter.

Bloody marvelous Mark as always. :2thumbs:

Edited by Sir Galahad
  • Like 2

Devlin does seem a bit strange though, maybe he just does it for release, who can say. I expect there's a story there somewhere.

as perverse as these things sometimes are, he would probably enjoy his own bottoming most, but tries to deny it even from himself.

as perverse as these things sometimes are, he would probably enjoy his own bottoming most, but tries to deny it even from himself.

Mmmm, interesting theory. Though it's very hard to tell sometimes. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
  • Like 2

... Though it's very hard to tell sometimes. ....

I have always trusted in the claim that 90% of gays do want to be penetrated. in other words, are by definition bottoms or versatile (and the latter is a codeword for bottom, to some.....)

Thusly, if 90% are so, almost any who is gay, can be expected to enjoy being bottoms :)

[the 10% is insignificant number in this entirety]

I have always trusted in the claim that 90% of gays do want to be penetrated. in other words, are by definition bottoms or versatile (and the latter is a codeword for bottom, to some.....)

Thusly, if 90% are so, almost any who is gay, can be expected to enjoy being bottoms :)

I didn't write Devlin as a gay character. He's just horny. I'd classify him as bisexual, leaning female, which is why he doesn't want a lot of intimacy, why he doesn't want to kiss, and why he doesn't really want to admit it or think about it when it's over. He'd pick a woman any day, but on a ship at sea, those are pretty hard to come by.

I contrast him to Granger, who is a gay man with bisexual tendencies. He'd prefer to be with a man, but he's only 18, so if a woman (like Caroline) jumps into bed with him, he'll do her.

• Like 2

I didn't write Devlin as a gay character. He's just horny. I'd classify him as bisexual, leaning female, which is why he doesn't want a lot of intimacy, why he doesn't want to kiss, and why he doesn't really want to admit it or think about it when it's over. He'd pick a woman any day, but on a ship at sea, those are pretty hard to come by.

well, the original point was about him possibly bottoming, and enjoying it....

It's not inconceivable that a heterosexual male happens to enjoy greatly of the mechanics of bottoming - for example, it depends on whether his prostate is such that it 'enjoys' to the point of extreme....

and if so, then the heterosexual is in a funny conundrum... It's certain that no females will have an own penis, to serve that passion... but perhaps, Devlin's future wife could get a primitive dildo for the task. [in the end, the couple will be sharing a two-pronged dildo, right :) ]

:rolleyes:

So HMS Victory makes her entrance, and she is quite a beautiful ship, having walked round her in Portsmouth myself. Anyone that does get the chance, really needs to have a look see, the sheer scale of the ship [for it's time] is breathtaking. It does fill you with awe when you walk on her decks, knowing her history and the great battles she was involved in. But I digress. :D

George certainly didn't waste any time finding someone to ease his sexual frustrations, but with the way this Devlin acts, it's nothing more than getting off to him. I imagine this suits George down to the ground, he has Travers after all, so any other emotional hook up would only complicate matters.

It did come as a bit of a surprise that the crew mutinied on the Desperate, considering the penalty for such a thing back then. But considering the way Captain Wilcox treated the men under him he probably deserved it. I shall look forward to learning of the Captains fate at the hands of the crew, I can only imagine what they did to him! :blink:

• Like 2

:rolleyes:

So HMS Victory makes her entrance, and she is quite a beautiful ship, having walked round her in Portsmouth myself. Anyone that does get the chance, really needs to have a look see, the sheer scale of the ship [for it's time] is breathtaking. It does fill you with awe when you walk on her decks, knowing her history and the great battles she was involved in. But I digress. :D

George certainly didn't waste any time finding someone to ease his sexual frustrations, but with the way this Devlin acts, it's nothing more than getting off to him. I imagine this suits George down to the ground, he has Travers after all, so any other emotional hook up would only complicate matters.

It did come as a bit of a surprise that the crew mutinied on the Desperate, considering the penalty for such a thing back then. But considering the way Captain Wilcox treated the men under him he probably deserved it. I shall look forward to learning of the Captains fate at the hands of the crew, I can only imagine what they did to him! :blink:

Mutiny was pretty rare, you are correct. Here's one of the most infamous: HMS Hermione

The biggest, the Mutinies at Spithead and The Nore in 1797 , we'll see later on in Granger's life.

• Like 2

This theory may or may not apply to the gay population in general, but not here at GA: Top or Bottom Thread

As of this writing, it is close to 50:50. If you have any studies on the general gay population, let me know.

• Like 2

Mutiny was pretty rare, you are correct. Here's one of the most infamous: HMS Hermione

The biggest, the Mutinies at Spithead and The Nore in 1797 , we'll see later on in Granger's life.

Thanks for those Mark, you've hit on one of my favourite subjects, history. If only I could remember all the dates, but am totally hopeless!

The mutiny at Spithead was very civilized by all accounts, almost gentlemanly! :lol:

• Like 2

I'm really enjoying the way the story is developing. Granger has his hands full right now with this mutiny investigation. He's not at all impartial as to the outcome. I'm curious as to how he'll handle it and whether his hunch about the coxwain's involvement is accurate.

However the mutiny investigation turns out, it seems Granger will command the Desparate.

Devlin will be disappointed. :P

• Like 2

Thanks for those Mark, you've hit on one of my favourite subjects, history. If only I could remember all the dates, but am totally hopeless!

The mutiny at Spithead was very civilized by all accounts, almost gentlemanly! :lol:

But not at the Nore

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..