GA Supporters

MikeL

I just did a search to see how many GA members are contributing to keep the site viable. It seems appropriate, even ironic, that at present there are a total of

. :P

Well, if we could get 200 more we'd have 2 69! :D (Just don't look at me; I screwed up and calculated to make my financial aid last through the end of the semester, not the start of the next semester... woops!)

:o symbolic eh?

supporters are Ouroboros, sustaining the group and being sustained by it. how Greek... ;)

Ouroboros ?

The Ouroboros often represents self-reflexivity or cyclicality, especially in the sense of something constantly re-creating itself, the eternal return, and other things perceived as cycles that begin anew as soon as they end. It can also represent the idea of primordial unity related to something existing in or persisting from the beginning with such force or qualities it cannot be extinguished.

Carl Jung interpreted the Ouroboros as having an archetypical significance to the human psyche. The Jungian psychologist Erich Neumann writes of it as a representation of the pre-ego "dawn state", depicting the undifferentiated infancy experience of both mankind and the individual child.

We are all the Ouroboros's children, symbolic of the eternal return... young for ever,as I said in my profile :lol::lol:

Ouroboros ?

The Ouroboros often represents self-reflexivity or cyclicality, especially in the sense of something constantly re-creating itself, the eternal return, and other things perceived as cycles that begin anew as soon as they end. It can also represent the idea of primordial unity related to something existing in or persisting from the beginning with such force or qualities it cannot be extinguished.

Carl Jung interpreted the Ouroboros as having an archetypical significance to the human psyche. The Jungian psychologist Erich Neumann writes of it as a representation of the pre-ego "dawn state", depicting the undifferentiated infancy experience of both mankind and the individual child.

We are all the Ouroboros's children, symbolic of the eternal return... young for ever,as I said in my profile :lol::lol:

my sentiments exactly,

we (all of us) can be the eternal circle no end, no beginning

when seen in that light, the passing of a life time, is a ripple in the waters of oceanic time, and becomes meaningless and meaningful as the cosmic dance

)kind of puts things in perspective( :boy:

(and what was in that latte I just had)

I just did a search to see how many GA members are contributing to keep the site viable. It seems appropriate, even ironic, that at present there are a total of

:lol: ...........How appropriate indeed!!

• Site Moderator

Too bad, the actual number is higher than that. Some of us don't have the Supporter tag. But that is a good number for the known supporters.

:lol:

:o

symbolic eh?

supporters are Ouroboros, sustaining the group and being sustained by it

how Greek... ;)

Ouroboros ?

LOL, I just knew about Ouroboros from Red Dwarf ;):lmao:

Too bad, the actual number is higher than that. Some of us don't have the Supporter tag. But that is a good number for the known supporters.

Good point, I don't use my supporter tag either. I agree with Rilbur that we should shoot for 269 :boy:

Good grief, all the bad jokes floating around in this thread are getting a little too much! We need some good jokes to top them off!

Wait, was that another bad joke?

Aww! Thanks supporters. :wub:

Even bad jokes have their place. :blink:

That the powers that be that this isn't an athletic group... :)

That the powers that be that this isn't an athletic group... :)

I agree thank the powers that be this is not an athletic group, if it were what with all the mutual support being given it would just be a group of jocks strapped and getting along... :wub::wub:

-I was forced to write that by my pun-ishing twin brother

(oh, you had to say it didn't you)