Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Certification

It was a long night but the committee finally sobered up and finished its work. We are pleased to present an Amphibian Certification to Cliff James in recognition of his attaining a cliffhanger free conclusion to his most recent story Changing Lanes.

cjcertificate3.jpg

Edited by MikeL

All hail the Amphibious Committee!!!! :2thumbs:

Ummm, Sic Semper Caprane? Ummm, doesn't that mean "Death to Goats" !!?!?!?!?!?! :ph34r:

BTW, if anyone can't see the attached certificate in either MikeL's or this post, PLEASE let me know, and which post you can't see it in. I'm trying to track down a software bug. (Edit, no need to let me know now, bug found. Thanks!)

OKAY, there is a bug, some can't see the images, so here it is, posted in a different way

cjcertificate3.jpg

lol. Nice certificate.

As for the crown, I bet you've had it broken in and customized by now Goat.. so I'm pretty sure its not going anywhere. :P

Yes, he might of done well for this story I wouldn't say he won't do a cliffe for his next one... goats are tricky.

Ummm, Sic Semper Caprane? Ummm, doesn't that mean "Death to Goats" !!?!?!?!?!?! :ph34r:

The Latin motto Sic Semper Tyrannis (literally "Thus Always with Tyrants") is the state motto of Virginia. John Willkes Booth shouted "Sic Semper Tyrannis" after he shot President Lincoln, rather than something more appropriate like "$@%#, I broke my ankle". His meaning was that tyrants should always be killed, thus referring to the deed he had just done.

The phrase Sic Semper Caprinae literally means "Thus Always with Goats", not "Death to Goats". The implication here is that cliff-dwelling goats should strive to redeem themselves and be recognized for their success...not shot or barbecued.

Sic Semper Caprinae goat and good health.

Edited by MikeL
  • Site Moderator

Now I could be wrong, and I sometimes am, but I think the Crown will find a new home in the next Awards. After all, there are a lot of other deserving authors around here.

Now I could be wrong, and I sometimes am, but I think the Crown will find a new home in the next Awards. After all, there are a lot of other deserving authors around here.

Totally agreed!

Actually, I think The Amphibious Certification of Cliffhanger-Free utterly disqualifies me from contention for the King of Cliffhangers award. After all, if the entire story is cliffhanger-free, how could I possibly be eligible?

• Site Moderator

Now that Changing Lanes is completed, there won't be any cliffhanger endings for new readers as they can just go to the next chapter and get the ending resolved.

Now that Changing Lanes is completed, there won't be any cliffhanger endings for new readers as they can just go to the next chapter and get the ending resolved.

Well, um, there weren't any in there at any point, so what's the difference? :ph34r:

BTW, I think this calls for a poll!

Totally agreed!

Actually, I think The Amphibious Certification of Cliffhanger-Free utterly disqualifies me from contention for the King of Cliffhangers award. After all, if the entire story is cliffhanger-free, how could I possibly be eligible?

Though this certificate seems rather legit, and obviously granted by beings with good intentions, I cannot but wonder at the credibility we should grant a bunch of inebriated frogs.

Though this certificate seems rather legit, and obviously granted by beings with good intentions, I cannot but wonder at the credibility we should grant a bunch of inebriated frogs.

For the record, the committee members were not permitted to vote until all had taken and passed a breathalyzer test. The legal limit in Tennessee is 0.8. We also moved to a nearby, untainted pond to ensure no backsliding. All this activity necessitated a lengthy delay in the voting.

Totally agreed!

Actually,I think The Amphibious Certification of Cliffhanger-Free utterlydisqualifies me from contention for the King of Cliffhangers award.After all, if the entire story is cliffhanger-free, how could Ipossibly be eligible?

It should be understood that, as a careful reading of the certificate itself will reveal, an Amphibian Certification is awarded in recognition of an author's reaching a cliffhanger-free status at the conclusion of a story. It does not absolve any responsibility for cliffhangers which may be found in the work at any interim point nor does it apply to any other works of the author cited. A certificate is an ad hoc, purpose built document pertinent to the within named work.

For the record, the committee members were not permitted to vote until all had taken and passed a breathalyzer test. The legal limit in Tennessee is 0.8. We also moved to a nearby, untainted pond to ensure no backsliding. All this activity necessitated a lengthy delay in the voting.

It should be understood that, as a careful reading of the certificate itself will reveal, an Amphibian Certification is awarded in recognition of an author's reaching a cliffhanger-free status at the conclusion of a story. It does not absolve any responsibility for cliffhangers which may be found in the work at any interim point nor does it apply to any other works of the author cited. A certificate is an ad hoc, purpose built document pertinent to the within named work.

Awww, But Your Froggyness... does this mean that certain contentious chapters (those wrongly maligned as containing cliffhangers) are in need of separate Amphibious Certifications? Could we start with an Amphibious Certification of Cliffhanger-free for chapter 45, Ragnarok?

Awww, But Your Froggyness... does this mean that certain contentious chapters (those wrongly maligned as containing cliffhangers) are in need of separate Amphibious Certifications? Could we start with an Amphibious Certification of Cliffhanger-free for chapter 45, Ragnarok?

Certainly not! As stated earlier:

Certificates are awarded only for complete stories. If Changing Lanes had ended with chpater 45, it would never qualify for a certificate. Indeed, the officers of the Amphibian Anti-Cliffhanger League would never call the committee into a secret conclave to deliberate on a story which clearly does not merit consideration.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..