Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Bloodlines

That was a good chapter. Finally, Senator Kiddy Diddler finally gets a taste of what he deserves. I know there'll be much more suffering in store for him. I look forward to it. Only a true monster would have sex with his own child. I wonder if his wife knows what he's been doing. It would probably destroy her if she found out. If she already knows and has done nothing about it, she's just as responsible and deserves what's coming to her. Come to think of it, maybe that's why she drinks like a fish.

Wade is finally starting to open up to Matt sexually. I think it's wonderful. That means he understands the difference. That's a good sign. Still, I think he needs some counseling. Hopefully, he'll get that very soon.

It will all become clear in about 10 chapters or so.tongue.gif

AGREED! Mark, that chapter was a fabulous read--I thoroughly enjoyed the pace, and the plotting. Beau's reaction to everything was just icing on the cake--I sure hope he's right about his mother protecting him from his father, but that may be why he attends a boarding school away from home.

Wait until you really meet Mrs. Danfield.

Isn't that the truth! Every time I'm in Palo, I want to be able to drive out to Escorial, push the intercom button at the gate and say, "Mark Arbour sent me".

LMAO!laugh.gif

That was a really fun chapter! Matt was brilliant during his confrontation with Wade's father. My favorite part was when he started yelling, "But I'm a U.S. Senator!" laugh.gif

I also loved the scene with Cole. I'm glad they were spending some time with him, and it was funny that he was teasing them about being an old married couple.

Can't wait to see what happens in Cleveland! That should be a riot.

So you think Matt's really going to Cleveland eh?

I have to admit that I felt slightly let down. It felt as if Beau and the Senator both took the news much too well. Maybe it's just my twisted mind but I was expecting more fireworks.

That being said Matt handled the situation so so well. I personally would have had a lot less self control so Kudos to him. I hope that Beau will be alright because I wouldn't put it past the senator to do something to him to influence Wade and Matt if only for revenge... he just doesn't seem the type who would just roll over.

Watching with interest.

It was a good chapter. i think more of a conversation between Senator and them would've been cool.....and what did wade and beau do all day till 6:15, why skip that? probably could've been a good conversation.

Ah enough said, i can finally say i can relax and not be super pumped for the next chapter, extaticly.

that is not a good explanation to meaningfully explain the implausibility why blood relatives of this story's protagonists would number so many gays - that is exceptional, in terms of real world, as opposed to wishful thinking or somesuch.

There's a difference between blood relations and gay-relations-by-gayness-bringing-people-together. Of course families formed by the latter, would be mostly gay and bi. But as clear it should be that majority of blood relatives of gay people would in real world be heterosexual.

'Someone else', thank you for your theories. I must say that they taste relatively odd.

Just to clarify, the primary family grouping that features in CAP is the gay branch of the Cramptons of Claremont, USA; like attracts like, and JP has crafted his family, the Californian Cramptons, to be inclusive of and attractive to his gay blood relatives. JP is not an only child, and, in the strory to date, his brother's side of the family appear to be a heterosexual branch of the Crampton family. Heterosexuals are also common among JP's children and grandchildren. JP has extended his branch of the family with his lover and some "strays and waifs" (Brad, for one); given JP's orinetation, it should come as no surprise that that these additions to his family are predominately gay. When Matt was outed at Thanksgiving, the condensed debate with the Carrwolds at about nature versus nurture illustrated these points.

Gay family members often feel uncomfortable (not completely welcomed by all) at family gatherings (birthdays, anniversaries, christmas, etc.). When they recognise each other's discomfort (or exclusion), they console each other with each other's company. In this way a gay grouping occurs within the family gathering; in some respects these are formative events in the creation of a gay branch of the family. While this is only tangentially relevant to CAP, it does illustrate that gay branches of a family are not completely unknown and have a sociological rationale.

Given that CAP is posted on GayAuthors, and that I see it as a story about families, it therefore does not surprise me that the story deals with a gay branch of a family. I find JP's family quite credible, and true to my expereince and observations of family life (given the quality of the writing, I would read it anyway). In any case, JP's family, extended or not, is far too small a sample to be statistically relevant and therefore says little about society at large.

I still going with 16.66%."odd" is subjective, so clearly we occuy different perspectives; I celebrate diversity.

I have to admit that I felt slightly let down. It felt as if Beau and the Senator both took the news much too well. Maybe it's just my twisted mind but I was expecting more fireworks.

I felt the same, but then I remembered that the bastard is a successful politician so he would have quickly understood that he was not going to win this skirmish; he knows and plays the long game and would have already been plotting a grim future for Matt.

Watching with interest.

You are not alone. Mark (author) suggested that there are 10 more chapters; I hope this is correct, as I seem to recall that he mentioned earlier that there were only 42 chapters (maybe it was just a nightmare). Fingers crossed; the anticipation is delicious.

I Agree too more fireworks would have definalty been nice.....but no1 said the senitor still can't plot against Matt and take control of his son again. Like seriously the workings of the rich can be many.

I just wish the whole of chapter 40 was the confrontation between the 4 of them (matt, senetor, wade and beau) maybe even mis danfield and really blow the thing up. either way i'm tried of Matts life, these forms are providing to much forshadowing. Much less the story is itself. i want Granger back! :P

tutti -

Damn! Get debilitated and miss so much great stuff to read and comment upon. I've been away because I got a broken foot friday after Thanksgiving and am in a cast. Today my friend taking care of me brought me home with my dog after I swore I'd be good and take it easy... 0:)

So much juicy stuff. OK guys, Mrs Danfield drinks like a fish because she's a proper southern belle locked into a loveless marriage and can't fathom where it all went so wrong. She probably really loved Senator Bone-a-boy when they got married and drowns her sorrows and self doubts in drink. That love has rotted to a cold dead weight in her soul. But predator beware! There is nothing deadlier than a mother protecting her young and her internal termoil could turn deadly if Bone-a-boy threatens the only source of love in her life. However, if she's from a political family as well, it will more likely turn nasty. She's probably been around the block a few times and seen things growing up. Those behind the scenes things that influence the tint of the light of day, though never actually seen in said light. :devil: 'least I hope so!

Matt and Cole at the country club. That should be a fun few paragraphs!

Did Mark M get hitched or something? No more grade "A" torso shots? Your posts are still good to read even with the toned down eye candy. But...

Now the Senator may tow the line for a while. But he's a big boy and I'd find it hard to believe that he'd stay quiessent for very long. He's got to be plotting some come back. Maybe some snooping around Jeff's dead body? Could be Crampton Construction starts losing contract bids? Senators are powerful and old political famillies have lots of tentacles accumulated over the years. Matt and even Wade are not safe. Having lived in San Francisco for 17 years I know how beautiful the hills around Palo Alto can be and how easy it would be for a fire to turn them to black ash. It happened right across the bay in Oakland, lots of people died. I'm sure there's better plot twists than that out there, but I'm not off the percocet yet.

Laterz, Dave

tutti -

Damn! Get debilitated and miss so much great stuff to read and comment upon. I've been away because I got a broken foot friday after Thanksgiving and am in a cast. Today my friend taking care of me brought me home with my dog after I swore I'd be good and take it easy... 0:)

So much juicy stuff. OK guys, Mrs Danfield drinks like a fish because she's a proper southern belle locked into a loveless marriage and can't fathom where it all went so wrong. She probably really loved Senator Bone-a-boy when they got married and drowns her sorrows and self doubts in drink. That love has rotted to a cold dead weight in her soul. But predator beware! There is nothing deadlier than a mother protecting her young and her internal termoil could turn deadly if Bone-a-boy threatens the only source of love in her life. However, if she's from a political family as well, it will more likely turn nasty. She's probably been around the block a few times and seen things growing up. Those behind the scenes things that influence the tint of the light of day, though never actually seen in said light. :devil: 'least I hope so!

Matt and Cole at the country club. That should be a fun few paragraphs!

Did Mark M get hitched or something? No more grade "A" torso shots? Your posts are still good to read even with the toned down eye candy. But...

Now the Senator may tow the line for a while. But he's a big boy and I'd find it hard to believe that he'd stay quiessent for very long. He's got to be plotting some come back. Maybe some snooping around Jeff's dead body? Could be Crampton Construction starts losing contract bids? Senators are powerful and old political famillies have lots of tentacles accumulated over the years. Matt and even Wade are not safe. Having lived in San Francisco for 17 years I know how beautiful the hills around Palo Alto can be and how easy it would be for a fire to turn them to black ash. It happened right across the bay in Oakland, lots of people died. I'm sure there's better plot twists than that out there, but I'm not off the percocet yet.

Laterz, Dave

Wow. You're pretty imaginative. You should be writing this!biggrin.gif

Hope you're feeling better. Enjoy your drugs. I always do.tongue.gif

Chapter 41! Was good but i thought cam might come into the situation, a little sad about that :( but it was good!!

As usual u peek my interest and then it's over, makes me so sad, because it's so good. I wana see the letter from his mommy NOW!! hahahahahah!! This could be fun :P

Wow. You're pretty imaginative. You should be writing this!biggrin.gif

Hope you're feeling better. Enjoy your drugs. I always do.tongue.gif

Mark -

You are too kind. I don't think I could manage all the personalities.

Ahh opiates, clearly a gift from the gods, and with all the usual strings those gifts entail.

Dave

This was a fun chapter. The foretold foursome finally took place, and it was good. The country club scene was great! I never expected Lou to be there. But it was perfect, because he's really handsome and good for hamming it up. :D

Mark -

You chose Lou! How nice :devil:. Yuppers, he's handsome, successful, and just gay enough to stir the pot! I wonder if people from No. Ohio visit Canada as much as we New Englanders? (Cinci is a temporary exile for me) If so then you could bet that Lou would be known to a few of the local Cleveland high brow. Ah speculation! On another note... I had a couple of encounters like the one you wrote with Kelso. I really don't know what guys like that are thinking as they acompany the "mob" towards the intended target to be put down. Have they so denied they're own inner voices that they don't remember having sex with the target? Or do they think the target would be so filled with shame they'd not have the guts to out them? It was a mystery to me both times it happened. I was calmer and more prepared the second time, older too. So needless to say I loved the scene.

Dave

Great chapter. The country club scene was lots of fun, and Robbie *sigh* I just love him! Who wouldn't want to have such an awesome father! It's funny to think that he makes a living doing what Greg used to do because their personalities are so different and IMHO Robbie has his priorities in life straight.

Hmm I wonder what Wade has been up to back at Escorial?

Totally hot chapter!! :devil::wub:

Matt and Lou in Cleveland was a hoot. Just loved it. :lmao:

Do you need a minimum of 5 to call it an orgy? 0:)

Matt and Wade are just so great together. :wub:

Robbie's an angel! Talk about cutting to the chase, taking off the mask and being totally caring to Wade. Brad is one lucky man! :2thumbs:

Mark -

You chose Lou! How nice :devil:. Yuppers, he's handsome, successful, and just gay enough to stir the pot! I wonder if people from No. Ohio visit Canada as much as we New Englanders? (Cinci is a temporary exile for me) If so then you could bet that Lou would be known to a few of the local Cleveland high brow. Ah speculation! On another note... I had a couple of encounters like the one you wrote with Kelso. I really don't know what guys like that are thinking as they acompany the "mob" towards the intended target to be put down. Have they so denied they're own inner voices that they don't remember having sex with the target? Or do they think the target would be so filled with shame they'd not have the guts to out them? It was a mystery to me both times it happened. I was calmer and more prepared the second time, older too. So needless to say I loved the scene.

Dave

I thought he would be fun. I figured that his being French would just piss of the conservatives even more (for some reason, they don't seem to like the French). As for your question about the target, I think they're upset about what they did, even more upset that they liked it, and it's easier to blame on the guy who "talked them into it."

Great chapter. The country club scene was lots of fun, and Robbie *sigh* I just love him! Who wouldn't want to have such an awesome father! It's funny to think that he makes a living doing what Greg used to do because their personalities are so different and IMHO Robbie has his priorities in life straight.

Hmm I wonder what Wade has been up to back at Escorial?

Robbie kind of pissed me off in "Man In Motion." In fact, I actually wrote a few chapters where (after college) he got back together with Neil and Brad spent most of his time trying to ruin his life. It was so dark. It didn't work for his personality. Ever since then, I really like the guy.

Totally hot chapter!! :devil::wub:

Matt and Lou in Cleveland was a hoot. Just loved it. :lmao:

Do you need a minimum of 5 to call it an orgy? 0:)

Matt and Wade are just so great together. :wub:

Robbie's an angel! Talk about cutting to the chase, taking off the mask and being totally caring to Wade. Brad is one lucky man! :2thumbs:

I think Robbie makes a nice contrast to many of those guys because he's so transparent. He doesn't even try to hide what he's thinking.

ch41: oh, the Cleveland thing was after all not with a bigger family contingent.

I thought having more people there would reduce the impact. If three or four guys walk in, there might have been some confusion over who was with who. But when Matt walks in just with Lou and they throw out a major public display of affection, there's no question, no way to try and massage those facts.

• Like 1

Chapter 41 was awesome :2thumbs: can't wait to read what 'Mommy' writes when she finds out. I wonder how she'll say all the things she may want when she's going :nuke:. Maybe they'll get kick off the country club.

Chapter 41 was awesome :2thumbs: can't wait to read what 'Mommy' writes when she finds out. I wonder how she'll say all the things she may want when she's going :nuke:. Maybe they'll get kick off the country club.

Or even worse, the will get condolences on their son and will be frowned upon behind their backs ;) people are hypocritical and love to gossip and this gave them ammunition for a loooong time

I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter. Like Wiz, I can't wait to see the response from dear 'Mummy'. Should be verrrry interesting. LOL :D

I think I posted the new chapter while you were posting this. How's that for having your wish granted?biggrin.gif

• Like 1

Well, it looks like Wade is about to become a celebrity of sorts. This may make it harder for him to hide his sexuality as well. I wonder how big of a scandal that could cause. I think we're going to find out. :D

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..