Men can breastfeed!

Tiger

I wonder if a father's milk tastes any different from a mother's milk.

I don't think I'd want to... I have heard that a woman can spring a leak during orgasm (assuming that she has a baby she's currently breastfeeding). I suppose if you want to try a woman's breast milk, you know how now. And if you know a guy who's lactating, you can test his. You can report your findings to us. :P

The men who go through Couvade Syndrome (Sympathetic Pregnancy) where they physically feel the aches and illnesses their wives do... can produce breast milk and nipple tenderness, weight gain, breast augmentation, food cravings, changes in sexual appetite... etc.

The only known cure for this is when the woman finally gives birth.. lol.

As an aside... NEVER put breastmilk in tea or coffee... UGH. If any of you gorgous guys and gals want to partake in an experiment to find out if prologued nipple sucking produces milk in men... just give me a call... all in the name of scientific research of course and I would be happy to report back. Of course to make it really scientific I would have to have a broad sample. :)

As an aside... NEVER put breastmilk in tea or coffee... UGH. If any of you gorgous guys and gals want to partake in an experiment to find out if prologued nipple sucking produces milk in men... just give me a call... all in the name of scientific research of course and I would be happy to report back. Of course to make it really scientific I would have to have a broad sample. :)

Are you going to be hiring some technicians? Where's the sign up sheet? hehehe Do I see any volunteers? :P

• Site Administrator

I nursed for a total of 25 months if you add up with both kids, I NEVER had the urge to try it, the smell drove me nuts! Though I do have to say the sex thing is true, especially early for the first few months nursing. However, I was told by someone, won't say who biggrin.gif , that it was really sweet depending on what I ate.

Edited by Cia

• Site Administrator

I think that as much support as breastfeeding gets these days, it is still thought of as "dirty". I can't count the number of funny looks I got even when I was completely covered, not only from strangers but family in my own home! Add in most people's bias about basic men vs. women roles, probably why this gets the squidgy reactions. It does create an incredible bond and has its advantages over formula but it is hard and an incredible commitment. Not to mention just plain hurts for a month or so :) Still, I am glad I made it a year each time I did it.