A Map of GA members

Daisy

I was looking at another site someone recommended and on it they had a map of all the readers who filled in where they lived. I thought it was quite cool, and it would be fab to see a pictorial representation of where everyone comes from.

What do you think?

Could this be done at GA? would you want it to be? I have no idea whether you'd be able to do it here, but I think it would be great.

the map is at the bottom of this linked page.

http://www.marquesate.org/special-forces.html

but the people who make the map are called Platial:

http://platial.com/mapmaker

celia

edit: or maybe it is frappr. not sure how it actually works.

http://platial.com/frappr

Edited by Smarties

Sympathy post tongue.gif

Not sure why this hasn't generated more interest, perhaps people are just extremely discreet about info like that?

Well I would be more than happy to post my location. I didn't comment because I am so untechnical I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

Well I would be more than happy to post my location. I didn't comment because I am so untechnical I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

Yea same here lol, I looked at this last night and thought it would be pretty cool.

Yea same here lol, I looked at this last night and thought it would be pretty cool.

B)...............Humm, I have used GIS before, although this is neat, it is also several years old! Hehe, the new house across the street from me isn't even graded.

Oh definitely, me too.

I only bumped this thread in the hope somebody else would take initiative biggrin.gif

Oh definitely, me too.

I only bumped this thread in the hope somebody else would take initiative biggrin.gif

thanks, though I didn't mind if nobody posted :).

It doesn't have to be your actual location, I checked. for example you could just put e.g. Brazil. and it would locate you in the centre of there. And most people have their location already in their profile and alongside each post. Just putting them on a map would easily show how many people there are say in europe versus america or where ever. :). and I'm a geographer - it's my natural instinct :P:).

...It doesn't have to be your actual location, I checked. for example you could just put e.g. Brazil. and it would locate you in the centre of there. And most people have their location already in their profile and alongside each post. Just putting them on a map would easily show how many people there are say in europe versus america or where ever. smile.gif. and I'm a geographer - it's my natural instinct tongue.gifsmile.gif.

If you put down "continential USA" as your location, the central dot would put you at Meades Ranch, Kansas, the geographical center of the CONUS and the base point for the North American Datum (1927). Given that Kansas does not have a reputation as a gay-friendly state, the results would be, to say the least, hilarious and ironic. If I were to put, simply, Georgia, the central dot would be on top of the Old Marion Baptist Church, a little southwest of Macon, GA...another likely "not gay friendly place." I think the map idea is a good one: it could create some rather interesting data.

I have already told you Smarties. I want a blinking mood light for my location. This could end up being the first world wide gayfriendly census.

Perhaps you could get the Old Marion Baptist Church (see my previous post) to put a mood light on their steeple.