Glee

Y_B

Tonight's the season finale, and I know many of you are watching.

Something's been very peculiar to me in terms of consistency...Glee started out giving brief shallow personifications to many of the characters, namely Sue, Puck, Quinn, etc. Then in one particular episode mid-season, I think it was "Wheels", those characters who we had been acquainted to "hate" were elaborated into these complex individuals with history and much more heart than what had been expected of them. My impression of Puck went from one of an arrogant asshole player to one of a noble and caring "father". Sue was no longer the heartless, over-pretentious bitch who I thought she was when she stepped in that hospital room and read to her sister with Down Syndrome (I actually shed a few tears here)....which I found to be quite touching...I thought that this episode was the breakthrough of glee and that it had finally found it's voice and heart.

Then the series destroyed those characters again....Sue became worse then ever on her endeavor to shatter Glee club and just being her infuriating self, and Puck showed that he's not half as...well...honorable, as I had believed.

I don't get it.

Its a new-gen soap opera at night. They gotta do it or else you'll get bored. I've never watched Glee, as much as I want my life to be high school musical, I like to keep it real. Haha.

• 4 months later...

I think it's time to revive this topic!!! I loved tonights episode, Kurt is looking better!!! then the first half of the season.

It really hit "Home" for me with the whole fins mom and kurts mom cuz i lost my mom 3 years ago. Never been the same at home but yet we've made a new home. it was a very well hit episode

Just out of curriocity i love the hint that aprils bringing back the Wiz!!! haha After all she is the original Broadway Singer for the Broadway show "Wicked!" Which depicts the beginings of the wicked witch of the west. to the Nice witch of the north. Very good songs in that show.

I also think the last song maybe is from wicked??? yes no?? does anybody know!?!?!

Peace out world Glee is amazing.

Enough said.

Mark M~

I really like that this episode didn't feature much of Rachel. I like her, but god I think we were on overload with her. It was great to see Mercedes get some due.

I think it's time to revive this topic!!! I loved tonights episode, Kurt is looking better!!! then the first half of the season.

It really hit "Home" for me with the whole fins mom and kurts mom cuz i lost my mom 3 years ago. Never been the same at home but yet we've made a new home. it was a very well hit episode

Just out of curriocity i love the hint that aprils bringing back the Wiz!!! haha After all she is the original Broadway Singer for the Broadway show "Wicked!" Which depicts the beginings of the wicked witch of the west. to the Nice witch of the north. Very good songs in that show.

I also think the last song maybe is from wicked??? yes no?? does anybody know!?!?!

Peace out world Glee is amazing.

Enough said.

Mark M~

The fact that you didn't mention Idina makes me tear up haha. If you watched a few episodes ago, the woman that Mr. Shuester made out with, the coach of the other Glee Club is Idina Menzel, the other star of the original Wicked broadway show(she played Elphaba; the wicked witch of the west). According to her site, she'll be in a few more episode(4 in a row to be exact) but there has been no mention of Kristen(April) returning.

Also: loved the episode. I would, however, like to see more of the 'current' music that we saw a lot of in the first season.

Kristin Chenoweth was a nice addition to the "Home" episode. April's a cool character, she's trying to get her life together and I can sympathize with that. I like that she's one of those recurring characters that pop up to make things interesting. If we don't see her again this season, she'll be here again next season. There will be a next season.

I'm a die-hard Rachel-er, but you know, I guess there are other people in the glee club, so whatever.

I find that I enjoy the micro-plots. I understand that the show revolves around their competition, but they do have lives and it's nice to see them. I could feel myself beginning to feel emotion with the whole Finn and Finn's mom and Kurt's dad deal. So I had to pause the episode and kill some Nazi zombie and after that I was okay.

Oh, Mr. Shuester, why can't you take your own advice? You're kinda not a positive role model. You need to fix that. But then again, if you did, you probably wouldn't be as interesting. Who will he sleep with next?

Kurt and Mercedes are getting more attention. It seemed like everybody got a happy ending except Kurt, but he could go to massage parlor if he really needs one. I think he'll be okay, he's a trooper. I liked the message of being at home in your body. It was nice to see Quinn maternal and nurturing. I liked that. I also liked that people started to look like food before Mercedes passed out. I liked the lines that other members of the cast were delivering in the background. As you can see, I'm easily amused.

Tina and Artie are still not real characters to me. Nor are black kid and other asian. Santana and Brittany have fallen into the background again after a couple of interesting episodes. Puck hasn't been relevant at all this season. And I didn't see any Emma Pillsbury or crazy-as-hell Terry episode. It's the nuts that really make trail mix, trail mix. Ya know.

And those are my opinions on this last episode of gLee. (I capitalize the L because it's fun).

P.S. And yes, yes it is worth netflixing. I stake my reputation on it. All five points of it.

Edited by Mr. Greg
  • Like 2

Don't know yet about the show, but in real life he is...

PS - I can finally read/write in this thread as I just caught up on all of the episodes. FANTASTIC show...

So Glee is kinda my new addiction. I just literally jammed out to the "Power of Madonna" EP they just released.

It was good to see Kristin, but I was kinda hoping that her and Idina would duet sometime on the show. It would be so good.

Mr. Greg, I'm a little amused that you referred to the "other asian" as such, like Sue Sylvestor did. [my friend and I have been joking about how he doesn't really have a name ever since that episode]. I'm just glad that we're no longer experiencing Finn & Rachel plus back-up as much. It gets old fast, and they all have great voices, so they should showcase it. "4 minutes" with Kurt and Mercedes was pretty brilliant, especially since Kurt didn't have to sing like a girl, even though I enjoy it when he does. Speaking of which, I would have loved for "Defying Gravity" to have been a show stopping number like "Somebody to Love", since Defying Gravity happens to be one of my all time favourite songs. I can't wait for the Lady Gaga songs later this season, either.

I will probably comment as the season goes on =).

~Mikie

I really liked todays bad reputation episode....and now that i also know that jesse is gay in real life i find it really hard to understand how they portray him in a straight relationship....i wonder if there's makings between him and kurt to hurt the glee kids. Rachel would probably not be so devistated. funniest how there also bffs in real life.

Fin was meh, Quinn i was glad to here from but i sweat every dance number she does shes somehow skinny. Sho is making me mad, sue was awesome oliva newton john was interesting...i betcha that songs #1 eventually lol.

anyway in general it was good...now if only puck were gay! :(

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched "Theatricality" and I have to say how impressed I was with Kurts Dad! That was quite a speech he gave and it was great to see him defending his son.

Am also loving Santana at the moment her Lady Gaga outfit was brilliant and it is great to hear her sing. Oh and Tina was brilliant as a vampire Posted Image

Edited by Tristian

Just watched "Theatricality" and I have to say how impressed I was with Kurts Dad! That was quite a speech he gave and it was great to see him defending his son.

Am also loving Santana at the moment her Lady Gaga outfit was brilliant and it is great to hear her sing. Oh and Tina was brilliant as a vampire Posted Image

I was impressed with Idina Menzel. Damn can that girl sing.

Oh and i would have been impressed with Kurt, it he'd told his dad it wasn't all Finn's fault, because he had been hitting on him, that getting his dad together with Finn's mom wasn't to help stop his dad from being lonely, but so Kurt could be closer to Finn. I think Finn was pretty patient with Kurt's antics.

Edited by PrivateTim

Oh and i would have been impressed with Kurt, it he'd told his dad it wasn't all Finn's fault, because he had been hitting on him, that getting his dad together was Finn's mom wasn't to help stop his dad from being lonely, but so Kurt could be closer to Finn. I think Finn was pretty patient with Kurt's antics.

Kurt's been more annoying than entertaining this half of the season.

Kurt is one of my favorite characters but during the gaga show he was annoying reallly... But I have to say this episode was a character building one... The whole interaction brween fin, his father and him was what made the episode, IMHO, perfect. I personally can't wait to see what happens next...

Kurt is one of my favorite characters but during the gaga show he was annoying reallly... But I have to say this episode was a character building one... The whole interaction brween fin, his father and him was what made the episode, IMHO, perfect. I personally can't wait to see what happens next...

Finn will give in and proceed to use Kurt for daily blowjobs for the remainder of their high school lives.

Glee will then be renamed Glub, as in the sound associated with the suction of liquids. Needless to say more.

...oops, did I just spoil the finale?

Yes. Indeed. "I Dreamed a Dream" was pretty brilliant. Can't stop listening to the Glee version of it. Also loved "Poker Face". I'm hoping that this magically charts at number 1 next week on the charts. But I hope that with a glee song every week.

The scene with Kurt's dad and Finn was pretty intense, in fact "Theatricality" lived up to it's name when it came to intensity. It was just an intense episode. Oh how I love Lady Gaga. I also love the fact that the club was able to deduce that Vocal Adrenaline was doing Lady Gaga by the mere fact that the fabric store was out of red lace and another store was out of Christmas lights.

And despite Kurt's crush on Finn, Kurt was just trying to make his dad happy as he expressed in "Rose's Turn". Just saying. Just because Kurt wasn't completely in the right doesn't mean he was completely in the wrong. And I could go off on a tangeant now but I won't, haha.

Can't wait to see New Directions square off against Vocal Adrenaline in two weeks, or to see which side Jesse will be on.

~Mikie

And despite Kurt's crush on Finn, Kurt was just trying to make his dad happy as he expressed in "Rose's Turn". Just saying. Just because Kurt wasn't completely in the right doesn't mean he was completely in the wrong. And I could go off on a tangeant now but I won't, haha.

~Mikie

I think you misunderstand the point of "Rose's Turn" in both Glee and Gypsy. It was always about Rose (Kurt), in Gypsy. Rose says she just did it for her girls, but her girls left because they knew better, I mean she turned her little girl into a stripper for God's sake. Ditto for Glee, Kurt says "I did it for you Dad", but he didn't, it is how he justifies his selfish actions in his own mind.

Listen to the great Patti LuPone on how the song is sung and note her inflections.

Edited by PrivateTim

Loved this episode, just to let everyone know the Boxed Set of Glee season 1 comes out September 14th. Posted Image I will own that season!!! Posted Image

Ummm This episode mad me realise Finn might actualy turn....for Kurt. All Kurt has to do is plant one on him and BAM finn will be thinking about it all the time. Something like the German soap "Forbiddin Love".

Either way i understand totaly why kurt did what he did, but seariously finn is going to far too. The whole "I wear underwear while i shower..." or maybe it was "I put it on so fast just in case your around". Like in all honestly none of my straight friends go that far...in fact while swimming they'll change right in front of me and they don't care, they just know that i won't touch them in a sexual way to advance on them. (no matter how hard i wana, i just don't) I see it as this. I'd rather be there friend, then creep them out so much that it pushes them away.

Either way what kurt did went to far, the colours and everything just spelled "Were gay" to both of them.....worse yet it was finns money. Although when finn atempted to make it up It was SOOOO cute the whole "we need to talk" So cute!!! or the whole red queen outfit that gaga Actualy Wore to meet the Queen at the Royal Variety preformance. Just Great!!!

Well 2 more episodes to go till SEASON finale. (Because just to let everyone know these episodes are still considered "Season 1") in which a season is 21 or 22 epsiodes.... and this one is 22 because they talked in interveiws how Idna Menzel was signed on for the Last 11 Episodes.

P.S where's Mr. Sho and Mrs. Pilsbury?

Edited by Mark M

OK. I hulu-ed (is that a word?) episode 12 of glee. The mattress commercial one. I don't get it. Its TV. It hasn't gotten any better. Sorry, I won't waste my time. Back to books.

Either way i understand totaly why kurt did what he did, but seariously finn is going to far too. The whole "I wear underwear while i shower..." or maybe it was "I put it on so fast just in case your around". Like in all honestly none of my straight friends go that far...in fact while swimming they'll change right in front of me and they don't care, they just know that i won't touch them in a sexual way to advance on them. (no matter how hard i wana, i just don't) I see it as this. I'd rather be there friend, then creep them out so much that it pushes them away.

Wow, I wanna see that, "in fact while swimming they'll change right in front of me", if they are swimming while they are changing don't their clothes get all wet? :P

thank you folks, i'm here all week. But seriously, don't you think the friends who are swimmers would feel differently if they knew you were interested in them 'that way' and if in fact you were hitting on them all the time? none of the guys I swim with know anything, but I think they would be uncomfortable if they did.