Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

100 gayest albums of all time

Jack Scribe

Check out this compilation. Yep, I certainly had a few of these.

http://www.out.com/exclusives.asp?id=26266

Bette Midler's The Divine Miss M led the list for me. And, of course, Madonna, Elton John, Cher...good memories. Gotta crank out some ABBA on the 'net. :P Or maybe The Pet Shop Boys?

On the list for me was Abba,Blondie, Cher, & Madonna.

So funny because Abba & Blondie is what my parents would listen to in the car all the time and Rod Stewart. Last Christmas i wanted mom to buy me the Mamma Mia movie. We look everywhere for it can't find it. Go to 1 store after the holidays mom "Let's get you your gay movie!" and im like "Yes let's!" And too this day my mom still thinks i'm straight ha ha poor mom. Or maybe she just knows and is waiting for me to tell her..

Abba definatly with songs like Dancing Queen "Anybody can be that guy friday night and the musics high..." They'd play that like all the time at the school dances too lmao. Knowing me knowing you is my fave by them.

Cher "Do you believe in life after love?" & "Strong Enough" god those were like my theme songs back when that album came out and me and my lesbian friend Angel would all be dancing away to them lmao.

Madonna oh yes yes for sure and so funny because it was the Ray Of Light Album god that was my favorite song to dance to under all the shiny lights just dance all crazy and dance your cares away hell i had the blue shirt just like her. And after that it's been blue jeans and more blue jeans ever since... Hung Up she has this cool Denim Jacket that i want so bad lol.

Sadly Shania wasn't on the list :( Though she's not really gay ... ok maybe for me cuz i'm Canadian and "That don't impress me Much" "Man i feel like a woman" and "Whose bed have your boot's been under?" & "If Your not in it for love" That song comes out i went shopping and got Black pants they were all black and red and gothic like but soo cool. and it was Red sweaters for the longest time every dance night.

Thank You Jack Scribe for this list you have made me remember some of my craziest funniest times :)

I just have to say that my friends and I still jam out to "Believe" by Cher.

Mattie, I totally feel you on Shania.

There was also no Julie Andrews, glad to see Judy Garland up there though [again, though, no Liza].

I guess I expected the list to be a tad bit more theatrical.

~Mikie