In the Interests of Research

Nephylim

My Daughter is in her final year of a law degree. She is gay and very passionate about gay rights. As part of her degree she is doing a dissertation on how gay rights have/haven't been reconised and protected in the law, particuarly with reagrd to recent changes. She has devised a questionnaire which she would very much like to be distributed as widely as possible and responded to by as many people as possible. The questionnaire can be completed annonymously although it would help considerably if you put down what country you are from as clearly it will affect the research. The questionnaire is geared toward English law but response from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

My daughter's email address is in the questionnaire for responding.

Thank you so much to anyone who helpswub.gif

I have now attached the document in all the different ways suggested (I hope) :)

Edited by Nephylim

My Daughter is in her final year of a law degree. She is gay and very passionate about gay rights. As part of her degree she is doing a dissertation on how gay rights have/haven't been reconised and protected in the law, particuarly with reagrd to recent changes. She has devised a questionnaire which she would very much like to be distributed as widely as possible and responded to by as many people as possible. The questionnaire can be completed annonymously although it would help considerably if you put down what country you are from as clearly it will affect the research. The questionnaire is geared toward English law but response from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Neph', I'll be sending a response to your daughter's survey, albeit from a US perspective...hopefully she'll be able to gain something from it.

Neph', I'll be sending a response to your daughter's survey, albeit from a US perspective...hopefully she'll be able to gain something from it.

Part of what she wants to do is to compare the position in other jurisdictions so anyone from anywhere would be most welcome.

Thanks loads hun. :)

Part of what she wants to do is to compare the position in other jurisdictions so anyone from anywhere would be most welcome.

Thanks loads hun. smile.gif

I'll PM it back to you later.

Nephylim I should point out that microsoft .docx files are not compatible with some non word 2007 software. I would recommend .doc which has the best compatibility.

Nephylim I should point out that microsoft .docx files are not compatible with some non word 2007 software. I would recommend .doc which has the best compatibility.

Hun... I truly appreciate the comment but you may as well be speaking Chinese. Could you explain, as if to a ten year old... no ten year olds know more about computers than me... make that a five year old :)

Hun... I truly appreciate the comment but you may as well be speaking Chinese. Could you explain, as if to a ten year old... no ten year olds know more about computers than me... make that a five year old :)

Early versions of Word (word 2003 and before), do not display Word 2007 ".docx" correctly. open office have difficulty in translating ".docx". There are special word 2007 to word 2003 programmes available, but not to everybody. Word 2003 ".doc" files can be used by all versions of WORD, and Open Office and a number of other word processors.

The easy solution is to when using Word 2007 is to "Save AS" Word 97 to 2003 document *,doc

This works unless the word document in Word 2007 is very complicated.

I just used your word 2007 document and did the above in Word 2007 to produce a word 2003 document

Red

I sent a reply, but it is from the U.S. I saw where you said that was OK.

Although another person recommended offering Word documents online in .doc format, .rtf (Rich Text Format) may be better for compatibility purposes, while preserving font specifications.

Okay... I think I have added all the different options suggested.... and I hope that everyone can access now. Whew this has been a real techno lesson for me. I had no idea there were different ways of saving a document :) Thanks everyone.

Thanks so much everyone. I think my daughter is awesome. She is so passionate about everything. I'm very proud of her and grateful for all the help you are giving her. You guys are fabulous :)

Don't praise us too highly, it's self motivated assistance after all. :P

I hope we're providing useful information, Australia laws are somewhat different but I did my best to be relevant.