Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation - Chapter 18

No I did not goof, 0:) the mooring buoys for the BIG pontoons/jetty were put in place in

Marina Feb 2006

and the marina was selling places on the first big jetty in june. But I do not believe that the side jetties were in place because they were not selling them.:wacko: The second big jetty was not occupied until 2008.

I believe the marina was not finished until May 2009.

Neapolean Pizza of course:D

Red _A

Red, it would have been my goof, not yours. :) Remember, no matter what, even if you tell me wrong on something, there's a line in the credits of every chapter: "any remaining errors are mine alone."

I'd never blame a team member for anything... with, of course, one exception: cliffhangers. 0:)

Marina di Stabia looks great; but this conversation has prompted me to check something I'd assumed for a later port (you couldn't have caught that, you haven't seen it yet), and guess what? I had it wrong; there was a change in 2008. I've fixed it! :)

BTW, on the subject of realism... one thing I'd like to mention is airline schedules. Does anyone know of a way to find old ones? For example, when I was checking what Joel's schedule would be from Orlando to Gibraltar, I was able to find out what the Gatwick to Gibraltar schedule had been in 2006, but I had to base the Orlando to the UK flight on current schedules, which may or may not be the same as in 2006.

Special cigar was a reference to Dirk heading astern and cleaning Jim's lower mast. It's one possibility, though I'm not yet convinced. The evidence everyone has supplied so far is loosely connected to a gay fling, at best.

You're right, police do refrain from bugging an attorney's car. Problem is, Jim is a civil attorney and Dirk is under criminal investigation, therefore Jim would not be able to represent him. Since Dirk visits Jim so often, it's only natural for the FSP to bug him as well, and consider him an accomplice until proven innocent.

I would never hurt those boys... much. :devil: I promise I'll be gentle in the 3-way. :2thumbs:

Besides, I was 9 when we sold that boat, and I could barely keep it in a straight line in the Indian River. Hell, I couldn't properly control a boat until we went on a schooner ride in St. Augustine two summers ago, and the captain let me pilot it back into the harbor, up past the old Spanish fort. On top of that, our boat would likely have been decommissioned and either sitting in a bone yard, or dry dock when this story occurs. It would be approx. 17 years old! It also would not be "sleek". Average, perhaps, but not sleek.

Hrmmm... So, that rules that boat out... but, you've just admitted a bit too much, Rob... This means that you indeed had access to a seagoing yacht at the time Ares vanished, in 1997. I think this puts you fairly high on the suspect list! :P

So, should we add this to the poll? Did Rknapp sink Ares and Rachel??

Hrmmm... So, that rules that boat out... but, you've just admitted a bit too much, Rob... This means that you indeed had access to a seagoing yacht at the time Ares vanished, in 1997. I think this puts you fairly high on the suspect list! :P

So, should we add this to the poll? Did Rknapp sink Ares and Rachel??

Silly goat. I was living in New Jersey in 1997, not Florida, and certainly not Bimini. Besides, growing up Bimini was one of my favored vacation destinations. Why would I spoil it by sinking a boat and killing the mother of a hot young lad with a similarly hot best friend who claims to be straight, but seems to be gayer than the first hot young lad? Only devious cliff-dwelling goats are capable of that!

Silly goat. I was living in New Jersey in 1997, not Florida, and certainly not Bimini. Besides, growing up Bimini was one of my favored vacation destinations. Why would I spoil it by sinking a boat and killing the mother of a hot young lad with a similarly hot best friend who claims to be straight, but seems to be gayer than the first hot young lad? Only devious cliff-dwelling goats are capable of that!

AHHA! You went to Bimini often, did you? Like in summer of 1997!?!!?!?!? So this places you at the scene of the crime!!!! Folks, I think we have our answer here: the antagonist in "Circumnavigation", it can now be revealed, is Rknapp!!

And Trevor didn't even know Joel then, so that's another factor in support of the "RKnapp did it" theory!

And me? Cliff dwelling and devious? :blink: Would I ever do such things as that? 0:)

AHHA! You went to Bimini often, did you? Like in summer of 1997!?!!?!?!? So this places you at the scene of the crime!!!! Folks, I think we have our answer here: the antagonist in "Circumnavigation", it can now be revealed, is Rknapp!!

And Trevor didn't even know Joel then, so that's another factor in support of the "RKnapp did it" theory!

And me? Cliff dwelling and devious? :blink: Would I ever do such things as that? 0:)

I'm curious, what month of the summer of 1997? If you must know, the only seafaring vessel I had access to was a dinky little Quiksilver 8' dinghy. The motor was never used, the thing took all your might to inflate with a foot pump, and the floor was impossible to install flat. If you think I could start in New Jersey, make my way to Bimini at the time of the shuttle launch, defeat a Lagoon 55, kill someone, and return to New Jersey before school in September, all at the age of 10, then you might as well start calling me Clark Kent!

Benji! :blink:

Well, it has to be the team, if there are cliffhangers. The only other possible explanation is that there are never any cliffhangers in my stories, and never have been. :music:

I'm curious, what month of the summer of 1997? If you must know, the only seafaring vessel I had access to was a dinky little Quiksilver 8' dinghy. The motor was never used, the thing took all your might to inflate with a foot pump, and the floor was impossible to install flat. If you think I could start in New Jersey, make my way to Bimini at the time of the shuttle launch, defeat a Lagoon 55, kill someone, and return to New Jersey before school in September, all at the age of 10, then you might as well start calling me Clark Kent!

Okay, it's about a thousand miles from New Jersey to Bimini... And we all know you're good with engines, so getting that motor working would be well within your abilities. In fact, you would have likely returned it to inoperability afterward, as an alibi. You could have made the journey with ease; at ten knots, it's less than a hundred hours. And, you could stop along the coast for food and fuel.

The Ares was lost in late May of 1997, so not quite summer.

Yes, I think we have our prime suspect here! RKnapp!

May? Sorry Lex, I was sitting in Ms. Hook's (horrible name for grade school teacher, and a bitch of a woman to boot) fourth grade class. Feel free to check elementary school records, if you feel you need further proof. :music:

100 hours? Those little outboard motors don't exactly have great range. I'd be stopping at every other town! Try several weeks.

May? Sorry Lex, I was sitting in Ms. Hook's (horrible name for grade school teacher, and a bitch of a woman to boot) fourth grade class. Feel free to check elementary school records, if you feel you need further proof. :music:

100 hours? Those little outboard motors don't exactly have great range. I'd be stopping at every other town! Try several weeks.

Lex? As in Lex Luthor?!?!? But, but, but... he was evil, and as we all know, I'm the furthest thing from evil. 0:)

Hook? AHHA! That's a pirate name!!! As in Captain Hook! So... I think the answer here is clear! You were in pirate school, and your semester end project was the destruction of the Ares... And, I'll note that, as a budding engineer, you would have been able to envision all sorts of diabolical devices to aid you in your dark task!

So yes, the fact you were in school proves you had both opportunity, and motive!!!

Yep, the case is looking stronger than ever... And I'll bet you volunteer the thing that will make it conclusive, intent, very soon. (and motive, opportunity, and intent, when combined, mean you did it!!!)

:P :P

Okay, it's about a thousand miles from New Jersey to Bimini... And we all know you're good with engines, so getting that motor working would be well within your abilities. In fact, you would have likely returned it to inoperability afterward, as an alibi. You could ave made the journey with ease; at ten knots, it's less than a hundred hours. And, you could stop along the coast for food and fuel.

B).................Humm, and here I was wondering where Eric from FTL went! :boy: New Jersey!

Lex? As in Lex Luthor?!?!? But, but, but... he was evil, and as we all know, I'm the furthest thing from evil. 0:)

Hook? AHHA! That's a pirate name!!! As in Captain Hook! So... I think the answer here is clear! You were in pirate school, and your semester end project was the destruction of the Ares... And, I'll note that, as a budding engineer, you would have been able to envision all sorts of diabolical devices to aid you in your dark task!

So yes, the fact you were in school proves you had both opportunity, and motive!!!

Yep, the case is looking stronger than ever... And I'll bet you volunteer the thing that will make it conclusive, intent, very soon. (and motive, opportunity, and intent, when combined, mean you did it!!!)

:P :P

Again you fail with the details! My engineering specialty lies on land, not water. Ares and Rachel disappeared on water!

Besides, I think I've found the true culprit...

goatsonaboats.png

CJ! How could you?! If you can pilot that vessel, there is no doubt that you boarded the Ares, killed Rachel, and sailed off to Australia! Just waiting for Trevor to wander into your diabolical hooves! Quick! Someone alert the Echidna! He's our only hope to save Trevor from Lex... I mean CJ!

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Again you fail with the details! My engineering specialty lies on land, not water. Ares and Rachel disappeared on water!

goatsonaboats.png

CJ! How could you?! If you can pilot that vessel, there is no doubt that you boarded the Ares, killed Rachel, and sailed off to Australia! Just waiting for Trevor to wander into your diabolical hooves! Quick! Someone alert the Echidna! He's our only hope to save Trevor from Lex... I mean CJ!

Ah Robbie, I see you located a picture of the elusive but dangerous seafaring goats of the Atlantic :o . I remember growing up and hearing tales of these creatures. I even believe I read a story once of one who went from Australia, to Italy, to Houston in less than a year :P . I can't seem to recall where I read it, but I do remember the goat went onto many evil and death defying adventures.

I think the goat is actually the antagonist of this story and will soon be making a cameo appearance much like another evil minded story spinner, Alfred Hitchcock :o .

Beware all

• Site Administrator

Very interesting...a goat that speaks sheep.

Well I'm sure CJ had to learn other languages. After all he has probably scared away all the other male goats, and there must me 10:1 ratio of Rams to Billys in the world :)

goatsonaboats.png

ACK! I see misdirection here! RKnapp is clearly trying to shift suspicion away from himself... And his engineering specialty is land-based? Well, that cinches it! It is well known that the most deadly enemy of boats is land... And you are suspiciously familiar with all sorts of eeevil weaponry...

And me? I rarely venture out to sea! Why, I won't even be going to sea on the Atlantic again until next week, and late next week at that! :P

And how could I be responsible for anything bad? Aren't my stories always all sweetness and light? 0:)

Ah Robbie, I see you located a picture of the elusive but dangerous seafaring goats of the Atlantic :o . I remember growing up and hearing tales of these creatures. I even believe I read a story once of one who went from Australia, to Italy, to Houston in less than a year :P . I can't seem to recall where I read it, but I do remember the goat went onto many evil and death defying adventures.

I think the goat is actually the antagonist of this story and will soon be making a cameo appearance much like another evil minded story spinner, Alfred Hitchcock :o .

Beware all

Nah, can't be me; I haven't been to Australia in many years. :P

And evil? But.. but... but... goats are never evil!!

And a cameo? Well, There will be a few cameos in the story, but we'll have to wait to see who they are. :P

Very interesting...a goat that speaks sheep.

Naaaa! :P

B)..........Yeah, you would of thought he'd have learned to say 'cliffhanger' by now! :lmao:

Benji!! :blink:

You know a goat would never have anything to do with a cliff, or a cliffhanger!

Well I'm sure CJ had to learn other languages. After all he has probably scared away all the other male goats, and there must me 10:1 ratio of Rams to Billys in the world :)

Did I just get accused of being a sheep-shagger? :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :P :P

And how could I be responsible for anything bad? Aren't my stories always all sweetness and light? 0:)

Well, you have admitted several times already to having traveled to the Naples and Pompeii area of Italy around the time that Trevor and Joel were busy being tourists. I sense a great deal of danger in their near future, and at the hooves of a horned fiend wearing sunglasses!

Well, you have admitted several times already to having traveled to the Naples and Pompeii area of Italy around the time that Trevor and Joel were busy being tourists. I sense a great deal of danger in their near future, and at the hooves of a horned fiend wearing sunglasses!

Ahh, but they are there in summer, and I never travel in summer! (it's both expensive and crowded, two things I hate!)

The last time I was in the Naples area was back in.. hrmmm... This is embarrassing, I'm not sure! (I stink at remembering dates) I'm pretty sure it was Spring, 2007, but I need to look it up, and it was fall of 2007! October... So, well after Trevor and Joel were in the area. :P

And fiend? FIEND!?!? Poor, innocent me? :blink:0:)

Nope... I think it's clear; you sank the Area and Rachel! Shame on you!!! :P

And, um, I see it just turned midnight, so I've got to go post a chapter. :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..