Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation - Chapter 18

• Site Administrator

CJ has released Chapter 18 of Circumnavigation, Discoveries thumbsupsmileyanim.gif .

For some reason I think there may be some discussion if this qualifies for amphibious certification of being cliffhanger free blink.gif .

Will discuss more, later :P

If joel willing to stay at sea with Trevor

Trevor will be a mini-Joel

I wonder if Trevor loves the scent of Joel on his body or does joel love the scent of Trevor on him.

Locker room phobia - the fear of running around naked and being check out - the fear of the girls raiding the boys locker room

Imagine a lot of things going through his mind

But still the fundamental thing is Trevor still feels alone - its a hard feeling to shake - "no one's there for me"

All that work Joel doing - will be gone when Trevor puts out to sea

---

Wow - Jim is the bad guy? What's he gonna do with 20,000 dollars?

Pay for an Italian hit man or get Trevor laid?

oh the motto - don't trust any one over thirty

Now we have a new reader's suspect to gripe about

Oh Oh. Things getting interesting! Boys taking their clothes off, booze at play... Perhaps a game of spin the bottle is in the making for the next chapter. It'd be great if Joel and Trevor made out...

Now... Lisa just needs to show up in Italy before Jim gets there. Perhaps we can have a threesome 0:)

Oh Oh. Things getting interesting! Boys taking their clothes off, booze at play... Perhaps a game of spin the bottle is in the making for the next chapter. It'd be great if Joel and Trevor made out...

Now... Lisa just needs to show up in Italy before Jim gets there. Perhaps we can have a threesome 0:)

B)...............Interesting chapter, Joel seems to be more comfortable at being gay then Trevor does! :wacko: Ah, poor Trevor couldn't pull one over on Joel, but I believe he will get his chance at it later on. Goats show up at the weirdest times! :2thumbs:

Talk about being thrown a curve ball, I didn't see Jim as a player in this mystery! :blink: You would think that the cops are well aware of Dirk and Jim (yep, the goat keeps hinting at a relationship, and with Dirk packing his clothes, another hint) after all the GPS led his car right to Jim's house, so wouldn't they keep an eye on Jim also? After Lisa's talk with the detective, I'm sure he will be aware of Trevor's location in Italy. So Jim heading there is bound to draw more suspicion, plus he will have to declare that he is bringing $20,000 dollars into the country. I think the goat is misdirecting us again, throwing us off of Bridget, Jim is probably just hiring a private detective to nail hunt down Trevor.

Edited by Benji

I am loving this story!!! One of the best things about it is... It's bringing me down Memory Lane!!! Thank you so much CJ!!! It's been a long time since I went there but it feels so good for my mind to revisit... Only place the boys have been at that I haven't is Pompeii and I can't wait til they get to Capri... I hope they get to enjoy a trip through the Grotta Azzurra, it is surreal! Ya'll should Google it and see what I'm talking about...

Here's a vid I found ...

Also found this... Check out the pictures! http://www.capri.com/en/grotta-azzurra

CJ, I really hope you treat us to a trip there! If you do, at least your readers, or at least those who are reading this will get to 'see' what the boys will see...

Edited by Rush

I am loving this story!!! One of the best things about it is... It's bringing me down Memory Lane!!! Thank you so much CJ!!! It's been a long time since I went there but it feels so good for my mind to revisit... Only place the boys have been at that I haven't is Pompeii and I can't wait til they get to Capri... I hope they get to enjoy a trip through the Grotta Azzurra, it is surreal! Ya'll should Google it and see what I'm talking about...

Here's a vid I found ...

Also found this... Check out the pictures! http://www.capri.com/en/grotta-azzurra

CJ, I really hope you treat us to a trip there! If you do, at least your readers, or at least those who are reading this will get to 'see' what the boys will see...

B)............But you did not report on the story itself, shame on you Sandra! 0:) The goat gives you a cliff,yet you don't try to hang in there! :D

For some reason I think there may be some discussion if this qualifies for amphibious certification of being cliffhanger free blink.gif .

Why? :blink: Surely even the frog can see that this is not a cliffhanger? :blink:

But still the fundamental thing is Trevor still feels alone - its a hard feeling to shake - "no one's there for me"

Great point on Trevor feeling alone; he's alone and on the run. But I think Joel and Lisa are letting him know he's not alone... but, as you say, will all that be undone if Joel goes home? :)

Boys, beer, boats, Jim on the way.... What could possibly go wrong? 0:)

B)...............Interesting chapter, Joel seems to be more comfortable at being gay then Trevor does! :wacko: Ah, poor Trevor couldn't pull one over on Joel, but I believe he will get his chance at it later on. Goats show up at the weirdest times! :2thumbs:

Talk about being thrown a curve ball, I didn't see Jim as a player in this mystery! :blink: You would think that the cops are well aware of Dirk and Jim (yep, the goat keeps hinting at a relationship, and with Dirk packing his clothes, another hint) after all the GPS led his car right to Jim's house, so wouldn't they keep an eye on Jim also? After Lisa's talk with the detective, I'm sure he will be aware of Trevor's location in Italy. So Jim heading there is bound to draw more suspicion, plus he will have to declare that he is bringing $20,000 dollars into the country. I think the goat is misdirecting us again, throwing us off of Bridget, Jim is probably just hiring a private detective to nail hunt down Trevor.

Me? Throw a curve ball? 0:)

Here's a vid I found ...

Awsome pics, thanks!!

As for Capri.... would it help if I mention that the title of chapter 19 is still being decided; it will either be "Preludes" or "Capri". It's written, the content won't change, only the title. :)

B)............But you did not report on the story itself, shame on you Sandra! 0:) The goat gives you a cliff,yet you don't try to hang in there! :D

Huh??? :blink: A cliff? Where?!?!?! :blink:

Papa Benjers, I was just so excited about Capri I had to find pictures of the Grotto and share with ya! Besides, don't we all know the goat by now? Have you forgotten he lives on cliffs? :P When you finished reading the chapter you should've said "Here we go again" ! LOL

Good chapter...lots of fun with Trevor and Joel.

Hmmm...cliffhanger or not? Dirk almost told Jim about a crime, which by now seems to be a central factor in the story. I take it Jim is about to head to Naples to talk with Trevor, although it is not clear what he will say. Do those constitute cliffhangers, those unresolved, nagging little questions? Not your typical peering into the abyss sort of cliffhangers...that's true. But the irresolution gives us pause on the matter of issuing a certificate. We must reserve our decision for now. Sorry, goat.

On another matter, I will be surprised if Dirk and Jim are not lovers. Surely, it's rare that a civil attorney would have a typical client as a house guest.

Hmmm...cliffhanger or not? Dirk almost told Jim about a crime, which by now seems to be a central factor in the story. I take it Jim is about to head to Naples to talk with Trevor, although it is not clear what he will say. Do those constitute cliffhangers, those unresolved, nagging little questions? Not your typical peering into the abyss sort of cliffhangers...that's true. But the irresolution gives us pause on the matter of issuing a certificate. We must reserve our decision for now. Sorry, goat.

On another matter, I will be surprised if Dirk and Jim are not lovers. Surely, it's rare that a civil attorney would have a typical client as a house guest.

B)..........Yep, for two years Dirk and Jim get together once a week to talk about civil case's! :blink: Cliffhanger free? I think not, Jim getting involved sets a unprecedented take off of the usual goats tales 0:) Misdirection, is the ploy here by the goat, Bridget is still the main antaganist in the story, not Dirk or love-sick Jim! I see cliffs ahead in the next chapter filled with cliff dwelling goats! :lmao:

• Site Administrator

I get a feeling that there will be no certification of this chapter until after the next chapter is released, then the goat can claim that all issues have been resolved :P

Okay, a couple of questions to start out with. First off would be regarding the harbour. Are most public Marina's like the ones that I saw, but private and public lets say in Long Beach, CA where there is a locked gate at the shore side and then all the docks with the boats moored to them? The reason why I asked, is wasn't it a little silly for the Harbourmaster to be waiting inside Atlantis when he could be just at the entrance to the gangplank and collect all the necessary fees there? This also brings up another question, wouldn't the Harbourmaster be trespassing by boarding Atlantis? Yes a fee was owed, but does that give him legal rights to board someone's tub :D .

My next question has to do with the legality (I'm a legal beagle tonight :) ) of hiding a tracking device on a vehicle. I know police in the US are restricted by the constitution on what they can and cannot do without court orders. Things like search and seizure and telephone taps require a previous court order. Does hiding a tracking device on a private car need such precautions, or is it a free for all for the police?

The last question is regarding Jim. He is booking a flight to Naples, which requires a credit card, and also using his passport, so wouldn't the police be tracking both of these since Dirk has been tracked going to Jim's place every week?

Okay a few observations :) . I was really impressed with how Joel wore the shirt and waited to the appropriate time to spring the trap on Trevor. I think with Joel by his side, Trevor will come to terms with his sexuality quicker than if he was back home.

I too think that Jim and Dirk are a couple now. I know I wasn't believing this earlier on, but Jim's threat of "

I
  • Like 1

Papa Benjers, I was just so excited about Capri I had to find pictures of the Grotto and share with ya! Besides, don't we all know the goat by now? Have you forgotten he lives on cliffs? :P When you finished reading the chapter you should've said "Here we go again" ! LOL

Huh? But.... hut... but... we all know that a goat would NEVER have ANYTHING to do with a cliff... right? 0:)

Ahhem! We don't actually know that Jim's planned trip to Naples has anything to do with Trevor. In fact, I can show conclusively that there is a more likely explanation! Jim is clearly, and unarguably, shown as being fond of Pizza. Therefor, maybe he just had a hankering for a pizza in Naples? So, no cliffhanger! :P

I get a feeling that there will be no certification of this chapter until after the next chapter is released, then the goat can claim that all issues have been resolved :P

Okay, a couple of questions to start out with. First off would be regarding the harbour. Are most public Marina's like the ones that I saw, but private and public lets say in Long Beach, CA where there is a locked gate at the shore side and then all the docks with the boats moored to them? The reason why I asked, is wasn't it a little silly for the Harbourmaster to be waiting inside Atlantis when he could be just at the entrance to the gangplank and collect all the necessary fees there? This also brings up another question, wouldn't the Harbourmaster be trespassing by boarding Atlantis? Yes a fee was owed, but does that give him legal rights to board someone's tub :D .

My next question has to do with the legality (I'm a legal beagle tonight :) ) of hiding a tracking device on a vehicle. I know police in the US are restricted by the constitution on what they can and cannot do without court orders. Things like search and seizure and telephone taps require a previous court order. Does hiding a tracking device on a private car need such precautions, or is it a free for all for the police?

The last question is regarding Jim. He is booking a flight to Naples, which requires a credit card, and also using his passport, so wouldn't the police be tracking both of these since Dirk has been tracked going to Jim's place every week?

Okay a few observations :) . I was really impressed with how Joel wore the shirt and waited to the appropriate time to spring the trap on Trevor. I think with Joel by his side, Trevor will come to terms with his sexuality quicker than if he was back home.

I too think that Jim and Dirk are a couple now. I know I wasn't believing this earlier on, but Jim's threat of "

[/size]

What lawyer in a professional capacity would say 'or we're done'??

Next, why is Jim heading to Naples. This is behind the route that Joel and Trevor have taken since they have passed Naples and currently in Pompeii and soon to be leaving for Capri. What will he be hoping to find in Naples.

Lastly :o :o :o what is Jim doing with 20 grand and hoping to take care of while he is over there :o . I feel that Joel and Trevor might be encountering a hit man named Guido, or Luigi very soon, so Jim can have Dirk to himself :o .

B)...............Took some searching but maybe this answers one of your questions Steve!

'While on duty, harbour master

• Like 1

Next, why is Jim heading to Naples. This is behind the route that Joel and Trevor have taken since they have passed Naples and currently in Pompeii and soon to be leaving for Capri. What will he be hoping to find in Naples.

Actually, Pompeii, Capri, Sorrento, Torre del Greco, and the Blue Grotto are all on the Bay of Naples. The Naples airport would be the closest one to all those attractions. If you've never been to those amazing places, start making your plans now.

• Like 1

Actually, Pompeii, Capri, Sorrento, Torre del Greco, and the Blue Grotto are all on the Bay of Naples. The Naples airport would be the closest one to all those attractions. If you've never been to those amazing places, start making your plans now.

Here's the map from the bottom of the chapter;

pomp007.gif

The bay of Naples is called the gulf of napes on the map, but it's one and the same. :)

It is indeed a spectacular area, and I highly recommend it. I'll only mention one thing though; don't go there thinking you'll get good pizza. If you want good pizza, go to Chicago or New York, not Italy. :)

BTW, Wildone raised an issue I forgot to address; the fences at marinas. Some have gates at the top of the piers, others don't. Generally, you'll find gates more often on the piers with rental slips and not on the public pier (where we've seen Atlantis docking). But, it varies from place to place. The problem I have is that while I've been to Naples and Pompeii, I haven't been to Marina di Stabia except to drive by it once on my way south, and I barely remember doing it. I have no clue whether, or where, it has gates. So, I tried (and failed) to find photos, and so, I guessed regarding the public dock. (a gate won't show up on Google Earth in most cases)

Similarly, I've had to guess on things like the aerial tramway price in Gibraltar; I've ridden it, but that was before 2006. I also can't remember for sure what I paid. The internet is great for finding a current price, but not what it was in July, 2006. So, I took my best guess. Usually, in a case like that, I'll leave it vague as to how much it cost, but when I have to specify it for plot reasons, I sometimes have no option but to take a good guess based on what bits i do know.

What this means is that in a case like a pier in Marina Di Stabia, it might have a gate where I didn't show one. Some other details, like the layout inside the marina office, are also just guesses. I also tend to sweat it a bit on details, worrying I've missed something. :)

• Like 1

What this means is that in a case like a pier in Marina Di Stabia, it might have a gate where I didn't show one. Some other details, like the layout inside the marina office, are also just guesses. I also tend to sweat it a bit on details, worrying I've missed something. :)

This is fiction.

• Site Administrator

...............Took some searching but maybe this answers one of your questions Steve!

'While on duty, harbour master's officers shall have the right to enter the ships, port grounds, stores and other port arrangements in order to carry out inspection for obedience of port regulations.' It appears that this is an international rule, I don't think the harbour master had any other intent then to collect the fee. But you never know! With the goats gift of misdirection! Some states require a warrant, and some do not, for warrantless GPS tracking of suspects. I'd guess in Dirk's case the police would have no problem getting a warrant.

Thanks Benji specool.gif . That explains it. I guess I was surprised that the Harbourmaster would be sitting on the boat, which was also the reason to question the marina set up and such. If anything, I guess you did prove that you can teach an .... er, um, slightly approaching middle age....dog new tricks tongue.gif. I got you to spell harbour the correct way twice with the 'u' in it . Welcome to the rest of the world Benji thumbsupsmileyanim.gif (now only 256 million more to go tongue.gif )

Great points Steve, and great reply Benji!!

A harbormaster in search of a fee might well go aboard a boat. Of course, even if not within the rules, sometimes people break rules. For example... in quite a few places, officials are notorious for creating "fees" to charge, and then the fee goes into their pockets. If that were the case here, the harbormaster would prefer to do it at the boat, not in the office. smile.gif

Hopefully I did not make you feel like I was busting your balls CJ (do goats have balls blink.gif? ). I realize this is a story of fiction and I do not expect you to know if there was a fence around the marina or not. I guess I was a bit shocked to learn that the harbourmaster had legal reason to be on Atlantis and that made me mad mad.gif . As far as the price on a train or tramway, I don't think anyone will roast you over that innocent.gif . Now if we want to roast you over the ending, that is an entirely different topic devilsmiley.gif .

This is fiction.

Well put and I 100% agree Mike!!!

Edited by wildone

Thanks Benji specool.gif . That explains it. I guess I was surprised that the Harbourmaster would be sitting on the boat, which was also the reason to question the marina set up and such. If anything, I guess you did prove that you can teach an .... er, um, slightly approaching middle age....dog new tricks tongue.gif. I got you to spell harbour the correct way twice with the 'u' in it . Welcome to the rest of the world Benji thumbsupsmileyanim.gif (now only 256 million more to go tongue.gif )

Hopefully I did not make you feel like I was busting your balls CJ (do goats have balls blink.gif? ). I realize this is a story of fiction and I do not expect you to know if there was a fence around the marina or not. I guess I was a bit shocked to learn that the harbourmaster had legal reason to be on Atlantis and that made me mad mad.gif . As far as the price on a train or tramway, I don't think anyone will roast you over that innocent.gif . Now if we want to roast you over the ending, that is an entirely different topic devilsmiley.gif .

Well put and I 100% agree Mike!!!

Yes, goats have balls. :P The male ones, at least... :P

Steve, stuff like this keeps me on my toes, so please, don't stop! I'm glad you bought it up.

Sometimes, I do make mistakes, such as Levies still being measured in inches in Europe. It bugged me when I did that, because I should have known that. I'm also delighted to have it pointed out, because it allowed me to correct it.

Also, there have been times when someone has raised a detail in the thread and it's allowed me to clarify it in a coming chapter.

Heh, I've wanted to kick myself a few times when writing this story, because of opportunities I've missed. I've driven literally right by Trevor's home marina in Fort Peirce (the bridge just a few yards north of it). I could have so easily stopped and walked around, took a few pics, etc. Same with Marina di Stabia, and a few other places yet to come. But I didn't know when I was there that it would be in one of my stories. :)

Another issue I face; I'm lucky in that I've traveled a lot, but I certainly haven't been everywhere. Atlantis will go to at least a few places I've never been. Hrmm, I think I'll mention this after posting one of them; I'd love to see if I can convincingly write a place I've never been. :)

And on the fiction issue... Before The Frog leads us into a veritable minefield here (which would qualify as a cliffhanger from him, no?) regarding whether or not Circumnavigation is fiction, have I ever said it was? I might, after all, just be writing the biography of Atlantis. 0:):P

CJ :)

Marina Di Stabia was built in a abandon indusrtrial site starting in 2000. It was intended, to have hotel apartments,shops, etc. Google Earth shows pictures of 2007, there is a nice new harbour inside of industrial site, with no fences, and access to the public road open. In 2006 it was a building site, with temporary berths, and apparently confusion in the marina office.

Marinas in Southern Italy may be new structures with fences, etc or a pontoon in an old harbour with access for all. Or something indetween.

I do not know what Italy marina personnel can do legally, but in practice if you are aboard, they are very polite, if you are not aboard they will come aboard, and sit down in the cockpit rather than stand on the pontoon. They also have a habit of smoking while they wait. Standing guard at the pontoon gate would be a waste of time, as the marina people would not know who is who!

Red_A

I believe they are allowed to board the ship, but they are not allowed to go below decks without the permission of the boats captain. Think of it like cops at your house. They can come onto your property, but they cannot enter your home without your permission, a warrant, or probable cause. International rules might vary from state to state, but I believe that is the norm for industrialized states.

I'm not sold on Dirk and Jim being a couple just yet. Is it suspicious? Sure, but I noticed the goat has been rather vague on a number of details. Not once has either of them spoken to the other in a manner that would befit a lover. For all we know, Dirk has been going there weekly for legal advice, or to smoke Jim's special cigar. We just don't know.

Moreover, we know that Dirk was packing something. We do not know what he was packing, who the thing(s) belong(s) to, why he was packing it, and where the packed thing(s) is (are) going and with whom. I don't recall any of those details being mentioned.

I'm not surprised their cars are bugged without their knowledge (or presumably without their knowledge, as Jim proved the police are capable of pulling smoke-and-mirrors acts). They're allowed to do it, and sometimes without a warrant. I can't answer the other questions raised (can they remove them? I think so, since they could bottom out on a road somewhere and remove the device accidentally... they dunno the device is there so they can't be held accountable).

I'm also not convinced that we have an antagonist just yet. There are too many unknowns. Why is Bridget doing what she's doing? Does she have a vendetta and is using Trevor's case to pursue it? Is she taking pleasure in helping him? Is she going to hurt him? I doubt the last, being a good friend of Julie. Why is Jim going to Naples? Is he hiring someone to find Trevor? Is he planning to help or hurt Trevor? Is he doing this to help or hurt Dirk? What can he gain from this and why does he need 20k USD in cash? Why does he have that sort of money in his home and why is he willing to use it now? Has he been planning this since he intercepted the text message from Lisa? We know Naples is a very touristy area, and a 17 year old might want to check it out before moving on. He could be banking on that. I can't remember the contents of the message, or if they mention Joel being with him, but if so then that could add some value to the trip.

Lisa's father was served that morning. I wonder where that will lead them.

Something that bothered me was Bridget's dock in Chapter 17. In Florida, it is not uncommon for someone who has a private dock and canal access from their property to rent that dock out to someone when they are not using it. It makes sense, as that dock adds value (and property taxes) to the property in question. My father docked his old 1989 SeaRay 390 (39' power yacht) at one (oddly enough an older woman's like Bridget) in Ft. Lauderdale in the few years preceding the sale of that boat and our subsequent move up north (August 1996). Anyway, I don't recall CJ saying that she was renting the dock out, and being that there was no boat at the dock when Trevor first met her, I am led to believe that Bridget does not herself own a yacht of any kind. She doesn't seem like the water-going type, anyway. When the detective entered her home, he noticed a big yacht moored behind it.

Taking a seat, notebook in hand, Officer Gonzalez looked around the room, and then out the picture windows at Bridget

I'm not sold on Dirk and Jim being a couple just yet. Is it suspicious? Sure, but I noticed the goat has been rather vague on a number of details. Not once has either of them spoken to the other in a manner that would befit a lover. For all we know, Dirk has been going there weekly for legal advice, or to smoke Jim's special cigar. We just don't know.

I'm not surprised their cars are bugged without their knowledge (or presumably without their knowledge...

I'm also not convinced that we have an antagonist just yet.

On the matter of Dirk and Jim's relationship, most respondents to the poll disagree with you. Is "special cigar" a double entendre, implying they are indeed gay lovers? :P

The police usually refrain from bugging attorneys' cars. That could violate attorney client privilege. An exception would be made if the attorney was suspected of a crime. At this point, the police probably agree with me that Dirk and Jim's relationship is of a more personal in nature.

I think we do have an antagonist and she is very duplicious.

B)..................'I'm not sold on Dirk and Jim being a couple just yet. Is it suspicious? Sure, but I noticed the goat has been rather vague on a number of details. Not once has either of them spoken to the other in a manner that would befit a lover. For all we know, Dirk has been going there weekly for legal advice, or to smoke Jim's special cigar.'

Yeah, Jim's special cigar :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I believe Dirk and Jim are indeed a couple., why else would Jim even venture into this saga? Jim has no reason to involve himself into Dirks life otherwise! Why fly to Naples on behalf of Dirk's son? Clearly Jim intends to clear Dirk of wrongdoing on Trevors demise.

Marina Di Stabia was built in a abandon indusrtrial site starting in 2000. It was intended, to have hotel apartments,shops, etc. Google Earth shows pictures of 2007, there is a nice new harbour inside of industrial site, with no fences, and access to the public road open. In 2006 it was a building site, with temporary berths, and apparently confusion in the marina office.

Marinas in Southern Italy may be new structures with fences, etc or a pontoon in an old harbour with access for all. Or something indetween.

I do not know what Italy marina personnel can do legally, but in practice if you are aboard, they are very polite, if you are not aboard they will come aboard, and sit down in the cockpit rather than stand on the pontoon. They also have a habit of smoking while they wait. Standing guard at the pontoon gate would be a waste of time, as the marina people would not know who is who!

Red_A

Hrmmm! This explains much! I drove by that site around 2000 (I didn't go near it when i went to Pompeii in 2007), and I wasn't paying much attention (I had no idea it would be in a story) I don't remember the marina, but thought it was just I hadn't noticed it. To be honest I should have, but didn't, use the google earth feature that shows older sat photos. Ah, okay, I see it under construction in 2005. The next image shows it complete in 2007.

I am hopeful that the piers (temporary, at least) were in place, at least partially, by August, 2006. Otherwise, I goofed, bigtime! :ph34r:

However, this has taught me a lesson; when writing something about a prior time, be sure all items existed then! Otherwise, it's sort of like having a scene where Union soldiers, during the civil war, are standing around on the Mall in Washington, admiring the Lincoln Memorial...:wacko:

Something that bothered me was Bridget's dock in Chapter 17. In Florida, it is not uncommon for someone who has a private dock and canal access from their property to rent that dock out to someone when they are not using it. It makes sense, as that dock adds value (and property taxes) to the property in question. My father docked his old 1989 SeaRay 390 (39' power yacht) at one (oddly enough an older woman's like Bridget) in Ft. Lauderdale in the few years preceding the sale of that boat and our subsequent move up north (August 1996). Anyway, I don't recall CJ saying that she was renting the dock out, and being that there was no boat at the dock when Trevor first met her, I am led to believe that Bridget does not herself own a yacht of any kind. She doesn't seem like the water-going type, anyway. When the detective entered her home, he noticed a big yacht moored behind it.

Who owns that boat? It could be as I said, Bridget is renting the dock out, but CJ has made no mention of it, and he is well known for efficient use of details, and that's one big detail! When Lisa last left, CJ pointedly noted the empty dock, now he is noting it being occupied!

Jim's special cigar? ROFL!!!!!!! :lmao::2thumbs:

Hrmmm, I have a theory! If Rob was on a boat, using a dock rented from a woman very much like Bridget, then it is quite possible that the boat is to do with the antagonist, and the antagonist of the story is none other than Rknapp himself! :blink:

Rob, please don't hurt Trevor or Joel! :blink:

Why is everyone assuming that Jim is going to Naples for something to do with Trevor? He might just have a hankering for some really, really good lasagna. And, um, the 20k? Maybe he likes really expensive restaurants? :)

Rob raised some great points and questions. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: One thing I can say for sure; there are a LOT of unanswered question in the story. Some will be answered very soon, others will take a while. :)

On the matter of Dirk and Jim's relationship, most respondents to the poll disagree with you. Is "special cigar" a double entendre, implying they are indeed gay lovers? :P

The police usually refrain from bugging attorneys' cars. That could violate attorney client privilege. An exception would be made if the attorney was suspected of a crime. At this point, the police probably agree with me that Dirk and Jim's relationship is of a more personal in nature.

Good point on the attorney-client privilege. :)

I don't see why y'all are so sure there could be an antagonist in the story. Isn't it possible that I wrote a story where everything is all rainbows and unicorns, with nothing bad happening? 0:)

B)..................'I'm not sold on Dirk and Jim being a couple just yet. Is it suspicious? Sure, but I noticed the goat has been rather vague on a number of details. Not once has either of them spoken to the other in a manner that would befit a lover. For all we know, Dirk has been going there weekly for legal advice, or to smoke Jim's special cigar.'

Yeah, Jim's special cigar :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I believe Dirk and Jim are indeed a couple., why else would Jim even venture into this saga? Jim has no reason to involve himself into Dirks life otherwise! Why fly to Naples on behalf of Dirk's son? Clearly Jim intends to clear Dirk of wrongdoing on Trevors demise.

What we do now know is that Jim didn't know what Dirk was hiding, and therefor wasn't a part of it. :)

We have, however, firmly established that Jim likes pizza. :)

I am hopeful that the piers (temporary, at least) were in place, at least partially, by August, 2006. Otherwise, I goofed, bigtime! :ph34r:

We have, however, firmly established that Jim likes pizza. :)

No I did not goof, 0:) the mooring buoys for the BIG pontoons/jetty were put in place in

Marina Feb 2006

and the marina was selling places on the first big jetty in june. But I do not believe that the side jetties were in place because they were not selling them.:wacko: The second big jetty was not occupied until 2008.

I believe the marina was not finished until May 2009.

Neapolean Pizza of course:D

Red _A

Special cigar was a reference to Dirk heading astern and cleaning Jim's lower mast. It's one possibility, though I'm not yet convinced. The evidence everyone has supplied so far is loosely connected to a gay fling, at best.

You're right, police do refrain from bugging an attorney's car. Problem is, Jim is a civil attorney and Dirk is under criminal investigation, therefore Jim would not be able to represent him. Since Dirk visits Jim so often, it's only natural for the FSP to bug him as well, and consider him an accomplice until proven innocent.

Hrmmm, I have a theory! If Rob was on a boat, using a dock rented from a woman very much like Bridget, then it is quite possible that the boat is to do with the antagonist, and the antagonist of the story is none other than Rknapp himself! :blink:

Rob, please don't hurt Trevor or Joel! :blink:

I would never hurt those boys... much. :devil: I promise I'll be gentle in the 3-way. :2thumbs:

Besides, I was 9 when we sold that boat, and I could barely keep it in a straight line in the Indian River. Hell, I couldn't properly control a boat until we went on a schooner ride in St. Augustine two summers ago, and the captain let me pilot it back into the harbor, up past the old Spanish fort. On top of that, our boat would likely have been decommissioned and either sitting in a bone yard, or dry dock when this story occurs. It would be approx. 17 years old! It also would not be "sleek". Average, perhaps, but not sleek.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..