The Quintessential Maa'rish by gabrielsknife

• Site Administrator

The Quintessential Maa'rish by gabrielsknife

On the planet Mathai, the lord-prince's justice is dispatched on the sands of the arena. For the sake of his duties, the Bloody Judge Koranth must balance his life both inside and outside the arena. However, such balance has a price.

:nuke: :nuke: Spoilers Below!!! :nuke: :nuke:

This is fantasy, sci fiction, and certainly out of this world. It is using some features seen in the animal world, to provide a very entertaining tale with blood and gore, to bring about a fairytale ending. It has held me in the story such that I missed my coffee. the tale was very nicly done and nobody woould object to the blood and gore. well perhaps Nephylim would want more?

Of course I do. You can never have too much blood and gore :)

That was a real mindf**ck. I loved it. And then ending.... perfect. I LOVED the fact that these people, these three dimensional, heroic, foolish, brave, stuid,beautiful, ugly and all ther rest weren't human or anything like it but they were 'real'. I would really love to read more about this world

Of course I do. You can never have too much blood and gore :)

That was a real mindf**ck. I loved it. And then ending.... perfect. I LOVED the fact that these people, these three dimensional, heroic, foolish, brave, stuid,beautiful, ugly and all ther rest weren't human or anything like it but they were 'real'. I would really love to read more about this world

blush1.gif Oh heavens, I can die a happy man. :hug: Thank you so much for liking this. I was terrified it wouldn't be well received b/c of all the violence. I even cut some stuff out b/c I wanted to try and keep it a little tame. (You get a cookie if you can tell where I did some trimming.)

At the moment, all of my stories are on my LJ. You can also find a few on Shousetsu Bang*Bang (under the pseudonym "Aoimei Kouchou"). This setting has to be my favorite because of the characters and their interactions. I hope to upload a few of my stories into the GA archives soon (I'm just a little confused on how, as it seems to be a little more in-depth then uploading on lj.)

Thank you for liking this story! ^_^

This is fantasy, sci fiction, and certainly out of this world. It is using some features seen in the animal world, to provide a very entertaining tale with blood and gore, to bring about a fairytale ending. It has held me in the story such that I missed my coffee. the tale was very nicly done and nobody woould object to the blood and gore. well perhaps Nephylim would want more?

Wow! Thank you so much for liking this! I was so nervous about sending it in ^_^. Thank you!

Hi there everyone!

Thank you all for taking your time to read this little glimpse into my Stars universe ^_^. I can't tell you how much it means to me.

I'd like to take the time to personally thank Tarin for not only prompting me to send this in, but handling all the HTML. And to Graeme for accepting it at the *very* last minute. Without them, this story would have probably stayed locked on my hard drive.

If you'd like to learn a little more about the Maa'rish people or were confused by any of their language, here's a page of notes devoted to them. Notes located here. There are also more stories involving them on my lj. As soon as I figure out how, I'll be uploading several onto the GA e-fic...thing.

You can also find some of my works on Shousetu Bang*Bang, under the pseudonym "Aoime Kouchou." I'll also be submitting another Stars/Maa'rish story to SSBB's up-coming issue. (*ends shameless self-promoting* lol)

Anyway, thank you everyone for reading. I hope you enjoyed it and please feel free to tell me, either here or on my profile or in chat what you liked or didn't like about the story. I love input of any kind ^_^

-- Gabe

This was certainly different from the normal fare. I LOVED it!!

I'm still sitting here dumbfounded, I guess because it WAS so different!

I'm going to see if I can find your *other* places so I can read more of this type of material. (I'm hoping that it is similar)?

Otherwise, I'll have to wait for you to find your way to efiction.

Thanks so much for the story, Gabe!

This was certainly different from the normal fare. I LOVED it!!

I'm still sitting here dumbfounded, I guess because it WAS so different!

I'm going to see if I can find your *other* places so I can read more of this type of material. (I'm hoping that it is similar)?

Otherwise, I'll have to wait for you to find your way to efiction.

Thanks so much for the story, Gabe!

^_^ Thank you for reading it! I'm so happy you liked it.

My other stories are mostly based in this same universe. They take place on other planets, but yeah, they're kinda similar ^_^. I hope you enjoy them as much as you enjoyed this one. Thanks again for reading ^_^ .

• Site Administrator

One of the things that impressed me the most about the story was the sheer quality of the detail. There were alien concepts and constructs, but they weren't explained -- they were shown. We learn about the different natures of the different characters as the story unfolded.

A very, very impressive story. You should be proud, gabrielsknife! :great:

One of the things that impressed me the most about the story was the sheer quality of the detail. There were alien concepts and constructs, but they weren't explained -- they were shown. We learn about the different natures of the different characters as the story unfolded.

A very, very impressive story. You should be proud, gabrielsknife! :great:

^_^ Thank you!

I guess it's because I've been writing in the Stars universe; I never noticed about the showing concepts thing lol! This is probably the...third or fourth story that I've written that details some part of Maa'rish culture/life. Hell, I was doing dishes one afternoon when the idea hit me about the whole Maa'rish justice system. This was going to be a Gladiator story! Lol!