UK Meet 2011

:-o my reply didn't save earlier! :-o

so... again :) If it is done in 2010, I won't manage it because I've already booked all my days off. I can attend only in 2011 and later. ;)

Well, it depends what part of the week that people want to meet. I'd love a long weekend. Hmmm maybe the first weekend of February? We could do the travelling thing and meet on Friday. Then we've got Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. I'm not sure if people would want to make their arrangements for going back on the Sunday or on the Monday. I'd probably want to be going home on the Sunday evening as I'd have university of Monday. I think that those dates are the 4th, 5th and 6th.

I'm just throwing out ideas. Feel free to change it up ;)

Living in Manchester here, so I would've voted for Manchester :P

Manchester is definitely cheaper in terms of costs and being not a very rich individual myself...

And Manchester is a big city and has its airport so it's not bad.

Unless I have a personal guide, I probably will get lost in London and never make it home...lol.

Edited by Circle

Just thought, at the end of August it's Manchester Pride. So that's another option. Though of course that could be expensive - if we actually went to the events - as I think you have to pay to get in. Though of course you don't to go to the parade. I'm not sure exactly how much is enclosed. But it's an option. Just remembered because it's on this weekend - bank holiday weekend :).

http://www.manchesterpride.com/

Okay we keep on talking so isn't it about time someone made some decisions.

How about this.

4th 5th 6th February in Manchester. If we want to we can then arrange something for August in London.

I suggest that someone who lives in Manchester looks around for a place we can meet and if possible a cheap hotel, hostel where we can stay.

Once we have a date, place and information we can ask the admins to pin it and then it's just a matter of whoever wants to show up shows up.

• Like 2

The best place in Manchester for people to meet is either at Piccadilly train station - end of the line for most people, with direct trains from the airport etc., or the gardens. Piccadilly gardens are a 5 minute walk from the station, open and bright. We could meet by the infamous Queen Victoria statue or something. :P

Whoever takes the lead in organizing it (Emulated?) should ask people to post or private message him if they are interested in attending. I recommend picking a city, date and approximate time, but only giving the exact location to people in private messages just so there aren't unexpected lurkers.

Just thought i'd remind everyone of Trebs' point.

I'm pretty much broke but i just found out i have enough frequent flyer points to basically travel around the world XD . So if i do end up travelling or taking a gap year in the UK after i graduate, i might actually be able to make the August meet!!

Victoria Statue sounds good.

...And I don't know the place well enough to organise anything about the hotels. Someone else should do it :)

Edit: A suggestion - how about the Premier Inn just off Deansgate?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay we keep on talking so isn't it about time someone made some decisions.

How about this.

4th 5th 6th February in Manchester. If we want to we can then arrange something for August in London.

I suggest that someone who lives in Manchester looks around for a place we can meet and if possible a cheap hotel, hostel where we can stay.

Once we have a date, place and information we can ask the admins to pin it and then it's just a matter of whoever wants to show up shows up.

Ok, can we get a definite yes on the February dates? And an estimate of how many people would be interested.

Seafrance has a special on and I could get a very cheap ferry crossing to England, but I need to make a move pretty much this week.