UK Meet 2011

Good idea :) I'm glad to see that things are coming together.

I'm not too familiar with setting up a FB event or group. I'll only say that since some of us are not out on Facebook I'd suggest some inconspicuous title.

Nephy, I'll PM you my mobile number.

Agaith, I'll PM you my FB details.

Well - for many a facebook group might not be the greatest idea. I'm not "out" on Facebook and have No intention of allowing that to happen, so I can't accept a facebook invite.

That said - just count paya as 2 people - 'cos I'll be with hi

All weekend .

Edited by Westie

Well - for many a facebook group might not be the greatest idea. I'm not "out" on Facebook and have No intention of allowing that to happen, so I can't accept a facebook invite.

That said - just count paya as 2 people - 'cos I'll be with hi

All weekend .

Awww... how cute is that?

So if fb group is not good, how about a shared chat on msn. No one else can be involved and no one will know what it's about.

That's a good idea Nephy :)

Msn sounds a better bet

well the problem will be coordination - how can you get all those people in one time at one place - to a msn chat? I think FB event is much simpler to handle...

HAHA we couldn't organise our way out of a paper bag :)

Ok fb group it is. Call it something weird and pm us with the name so no one else knows what it's about. Presumably we can invite people in if someone else expresses an interest.

Ok, ive pm'd those who have definitely expressed their interest in this.

For anyone else who wishes to come to the meeting and are serious about doing so, pm me on GA with your name and I will add you to the FB group that is being created.

I have set the FB group as being secret so nothing is public.

Edited by Agaith
  • Like 2

I have no intention in getting sucked into the evils of facebook but I may be able to pop over to Manc, Ill not really know until closer to the date though but im sure I can arrange it with someone via PM if I do end up poppin over

Edited by Ara

I have no intention in getting sucked into the evils of facebook but I may be able to pop over to Manc, Ill not really know until closer to the date though but im sure I can arrange it with someone via PM if I do end up poppin over

Bring a cat :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

that sound kol a meet i think i would be most defferently up for that how do we find out more info about it as the year gose on ????

Good idea :) I'm glad to see that things are coming together.

I'm not too familiar with setting up a FB event or group. I'll only say that since some of us are not out on Facebook I'd suggest some inconspicuous title.

Nephy, I'll PM you my mobile number.

Agaith, I'll PM you my FB details.

what about a yahoo group i mean everyone uses yahoo and it will be easyer to mange then doingit on facebook

Ok, this thread has been floating around for some time and the time is edging near for the February meet.

If you are interested and definitely can make it to the meet which is between the 4th of February (Friday) and 6th February (Sunday) please let me know by PM.

Because we are close to the meet now, i am going to have to say that the cut off date for PM messages to me will be 7th January which is a little under two weeks.

I will make a day or two allowance but after that I will say sorry we're not going to add you.

The details are being sorted on Facebook on a secret group so no one will see the actvities in that group.

Please be quick with your replies, as the details need to be arranged quite soon.

Thank you

Agaith

• Like 2

I'm still set on coming, but whether a group is secret or not it shows up on your news feed on FB, which has been my experience in the past. I'm not 'out' on Facebook due to having some work colleagues on there who aren't in the know, some of whom I'm still not sure will take it well and I'm not ready to take that risk.

So, defintely want to come along but won't be joining the facebook group. Sorry.

Ok the deadline is up for replies for the February meet guys and gals.

We are hoping to have a bigger meet in August which was originally the main focus of this thread :lol:

So there we are, to those coming to Manchester see you soon.

• Like 2