Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation, Chapter 36

"made me lean" you have to be lean to learn to sextant - Trever is as lean swimmers get.

joke

You fail to let joel pull a banter joke on Trevor at the end

like No you're not paranoid ... nuts and cheesy be more like it.

Bridget sure is insistant to get her bomb man aboard.

"made me lean" you have to be lean to learn to sextant - Trever is as lean swimmers get.

joke

You fail to let joel pull a banter joke on Trevor at the end

like No you're not paranoid ... nuts and cheesy be more like it.

Bridget sure is insistant to get her bomb man aboard.

OOPS! Thanks for the heads up; the typo is now fixed, and reads "learn".

And yep, Bridget is insistent... but I'm sure she means well. 0:)

B)....................So what will Trevor think of Lisa and her dad mailing him a rock and chips? :blink: Errr! will Trevor ask why there is no salsa? Black cat eh? Good and bad luck, I love your pictures CJ, BTW did the cat come to you or run away when you were taking the photos? Is Trevor's hesitancy with Bridget because he has a little resentment with women assuming he doesn't know what he is doing, or a general 6th sense of a feeling of Bridget?

B).....

I think Trevor or Joel is going to notice that Trevor's boat is out of propane! And Trevor will remember to exchange the tank after it has already been replaced. Lisa's father and Dirk will have another 'run' in after the rock is discovered, will Lisa finally figure out the 'small' details of Bridget's that don't make sense? Will Gonzales figure out the landscape rock mystery? Will Dirk and Jim ever get to go away and camp out? Will Trevor get laid again?? The questions abound here!

Getting very close to a sticky situation here after Joel leaves! The flotilla should be interesting, and a couple of pirates will add some excitement to the story!! Great chapter CJ!! Look forward to more, I will respond to next weeks chapter after I get back home from my encounter with bears and flesh attacking trout by the first Friday of August!!

:lol:

Edited by Benji

B).....

I think Trevor or Joel is going to notice that Trevor's boat is out of propane! And Trevor will remember to exchange the tank after it has already been replaced. Lisa's father and Dirk will have another 'run' in after the rock is discovered, will Lisa finally figure out the 'small' details of Bridget's that don't make sense? Will Gonzales figure out the landscape rock mystery? Will Dirk and Jim ever get to go away and camp out? Will Trevor get laid again?? The questions abound here!

With all those questions, who needs cliffhangers? :P

B)....................So what will Trevor think of Lisa and her dad mailing him a rock and chips? :blink: Errr! will Trevor ask why there is no salsa? Black cat eh? Good and bad luck, I love your pictures CJ, BTW did the cat come to you or run away when you were taking the photos? Is Trevor's hesitancy with Bridget because he has a little resentment with women assuming he doesn't know what he is doing, or a general 6th sense of a feeling of Bridget?

B).....

That black cat pretty much ignored me at first, then it trotted right up to me, rubbed against my ankles, and took off running, just like it did to Trevor.

Trevor has only met Bridget once, and in that meeting she pushed him to give up his boat, plus, as you mention, she does to a degree assume he doesn't know what he's doing, so he's a bit unsure of her. She also has a very formal manner, which can be off-putting. It took Lisa a while to warm up to Bridget, but in Lisa's case Bridget came into her life when Lisa was missing both Trevor and Joel. Trevor isn't a misogynist; Lisa is one of his two best friends, and he was extremely close to Julie. Don't worry, Trevor will probably become more accepting and trusting of Bridget over time.

Atlantis carries four propane tanks: Two in the storage rack (under a seat in the cockpit) and one each in the galley and under the barbecue. The ones from the cockpit storage are used when one of the other two runs out. That's plenty of propane, and Trevor, as we've seen, does not cook much, except in the microwave. This is good news; it means that having a bomb aboard, replacing one of his reserve tanks, wouldn't result in him having to eat cold food. :boy:

Have fun on your trip!!

With all those questions, who needs cliffhangers? :P

Cliffhangers? What is it with frogs and cliffhangers... are frogs cliffhanger-obsessed? I think what we have here is a subspecies of the cliff chirping frog: a cliffhanger chirping frog!! :P

hey using the propane means he doesn't have to worry about using fuel and batteries - hence microwaves eats power

so if the tank goes boom how high will trevor go since he's sitting on the bomb and the killler doesn't even have to get in the boat

that means any one can blow the boat

• Site Administrator

Oh my :o I haven't thanked CJ for the chapter and commented yet :o

Thanks for the chapter CJ :2thumbs:

I wonder if there is any superstitions on if a black goat approaches you, or walks away from you :sheep: . I imagine if a certain black goat with hell's fire in his eyes were to approach, it would definitely be the sign of death.

I'm glad that you clarified that Bridget and Joel have only met once. This passage stood out to me in the chapter:

After an exchange of greetings, Bridget said,

Oh my :o I haven't thanked CJ for the chapter and commented yet :o

Thanks for the chapter CJ :2thumbs:

I wonder if there is any superstitions on if a black goat approaches you, or walks away from you :sheep: . I imagine if a certain black goat with hell's fire in his eyes were to approach, it would definitely be the sign of death.

I'm glad that you clarified that Bridget and Joel have only met once. This passage stood out to me in the chapter:

Trevor hesitated before giving her a reply. I also noted that this reply could be a lie. I am hoping beyond hope that Trevor is onto a feeling of non trust for Bridget.

Another question came up and it can be added to the other questions already outstanding :P It was after this:

So Trevor knows the benefits of having a catamaran to a drug smuggler. I wonder if he was suspicious of Bridget owning two? Now another question pops into mind. Why is Bridget hell bent on destroying Atlantis. She has said before that Ares was destroyed (although she has been known to lie 0:) ), so why would she want to get rid of Atlantis as well?

I'm confused.

Guess we'll see if anything new comes up in a little less than 36 hours :P

You are posing so great observations and questions

But then you wonder if Trevor was being to trustworthy to Bridget

have you notice its the don't trust anybody over 30 issue

I hope in spotting bridget being overly pushy that may have tip trevor off to feel here out and be suspicious

then you know he has to return to this nature of suspician when joel leaves

if only there be some way joel doesn't leave and stay with trevor the whole voyage

but then thats not goat logic - he needs to ram his rods into people at a distance

and eats all the scap paper he can find

its a good question why he wants to get ride atlantis but someone said its to shift the blame on to Dirk and Jim

as long as heat is on bridget then the cartel is nervous and will eliminate bridget and george

Trevor is just the pawn the next one to be knock off the chess board ... but the bad guys

don't know how unkillable Trevor is

Even Trevor doesn't know that someone put the game on - invincible main charactor

I think many would frond upon killing the main charactor

I'm glad that you clarified that Bridget and Joel have only met once.

That's Bridget and Trevor, not Bridget and Joel. :) Bridget and Trevor only met once, when Julie introduced them, and Bridget gave Trevor some advice, telling him that the Bahamas would be unsafe for him, which sparked his decicion, not long after, to Circumnavigate.

Bridget and Joel haven't met yet... Bridget's first call to Lisa (Lisa had remembered that Bridget could "find stuff out" and had e-mailed Julie to ask, and Julie gave Bridget Lisa's number) was after Joel had left to join Trevor. (Bridget and Lisa's first conversation is mentioned in passing by Lisa in chapter 12, when Trevor and Joel are in Gibraltar.) So, Joel and Bridget have yet to meet in person. :)

This passage stood out to me in the chapter:
After an exchange of greetings, Bridget said, “Trevor, I’ve transited Suez on a yacht, and it can be a bit daunting if you don’t know what to expect. Do you have an agent?”

Trevor hesitated a moment, and then replied, “Yeah, I do, and they’ve e-mailed me instructions. I’m booked for the transit convoy on September 6 th, but I have to be there at least twenty-four hours before.”

Trevor hesitated before giving her a reply. I also noted that this reply could be a lie. I am hoping beyond hope that Trevor is onto a feeling of non trust for Bridget.

Good catch! Yep, Trevor is a little hesitant about Bridget.

Another question came up and it can be added to the other questions already outstanding :P It was after this:

Yep, Trevor knows the abilities of his yacht, and how useful it would be to a drug rummer. In the yachting world in South Florida, that would be fairly common knowledge. And that, BTW, is why Bridget and her husband had Atlantis and Ares, and why Ares had worn out engines when Rachel and Dirk purchased it.

So Trevor knows the benefits of having a catamaran to a drug smuggler. I wonder if he was suspicious of Bridget owning two? Now another question pops into mind. Why is Bridget hell bent on destroying Atlantis. She has said before that Ares was destroyed (although she has been known to lie 0:) ), so why would she want to get rid of Atlantis as well?

Bridget has a very strong motive for destroying Atlantis and Trevor; Dirk is suspected, by the police, of destroying Ares at sea to kill Rachel, and had been under suspicion of doing the same to Trevor, so if Trevor and Atlantis go kaboom, Bridget has strong reason to believe that Dirk would be indicted for all three murders (Trevor, Arnold Belevue, and Rachel Carlson). The connection between Arnold and Dirk is kind of thin but, as Bridget and George know, a prosecutor who is indicting for two murders would throw in a weak case for a third (Especially with George there to advise and arrange). And, once Dirk has been officially charged with Arnold's murder, essentially makes it impossible to indict Bridget for that killing, which would end the investigation into her.

So, destroying Atlantis in a way that implicates Dirk gets Bridget off the hook for murdering Arnold. She's not worried they'll get enough to convict her, but she needs the investigation ended before it unearths her little import business. So, killing Trevor and Atlantis is a means to an end for her. An additional strong motive is that Trevor is looking for Ares, and Bridget is very afraid that he'll find Ares. (she mentioned the asset list her husband probably had aboard in a specially-built hiding place, and it's mentioned that there is something else aboard as well, that she fears even more, though it's not mentioned what that is.)

So, Trevor's death, in a way that implicates Dirk, would solve two very big threats to Bridget. :)

You are posing so great observations and questions

But then you wonder if Trevor was being to trustworthy to Bridget

have you notice its the don't trust anybody over 30 issue

I hope in spotting bridget being overly pushy that may have tip trevor off to feel here out and be suspicious

then you know he has to return to this nature of suspician when joel leaves

if only there be some way joel doesn't leave and stay with trevor the whole voyage

but then thats not goat logic - he needs to ram his rods into people at a distance

and eats all the scap paper he can find

its a good question why he wants to get ride atlantis but someone said its to shift the blame on to Dirk and Jim

as long as heat is on bridget then the cartel is nervous and will eliminate bridget and george

Trevor is just the pawn the next one to be knock off the chess board ... but the bad guys

don't know how unkillable Trevor is

Even Trevor doesn't know that someone put the game on - invincible main charactor

I think many would frond upon killing the main charactor

Of course I eat paper... that's why I use a computer to write with... if I used a typewriter, I'd end up eating all the chapters. :sheep:

And yep, Bridget wants to kill Trevor in a way that implicates Dirk and Jim. Remember the bomb scare in the Strait of Messina? That's what gave her the idea. Now, if Trevor and Atlantis go kaboom, and it's traced back to Dirk and Jim (that's why she used some items from the chandlery as bomb components) plus Joel and Lisa's recollection of a prior bomb scare, it's a solid case against Dirk for all three murders, which clears her of murdering her husband (and that's her prime goal.. her secondary one is to stop Trevor from searching for Ares, because she believes there are two things aboard (one an asset list, the other not yet disclosed) that are deadly to her.

You're right; Trevor is completely unaware of the threat to him... which is another advantage that Bridget has.

Okay, here is a quote from the chapter that I'm surprised no one commented on;

Bridget felt that she’d gone as far as she dared without arousing suspicion, and said, “If you need anything, just call me at any time. In case I don’t speak to you again before your passage, be sure to enjoy it: it is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

“I’m looking forward to it... sailing Atlantis across the desert is going to be a blast.

Bridget was being quite honest... If her plan works, this will truly be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for Trevor. And, like he said, he'd have a blast...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..