Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 43 : Fifteen to Twenty

Chapter 43, Fifteen to Twenty, is up.

This chapter contains a few shots of undersa life in the Red Sea, courtesy of Yap. As I said in the chapter credits;

Special thanks go out to Yap, for the magnificent pictures of undersea life in the Red Sea (bandwidth limitation prevent me from displaying them full-size, as they deserve). I'd also like to thank Wildone, for help on a prior diving scene which aided me in writing this one.

That's no understatement; Yap's pictures (in the original form) are magnificent!

Chapter 43, Fifteen to Twenty, is up.

This chapter contains a few shots of undersea life in the Red Sea, courtesy of Yap. As I said in the chapter credits;

That's no understatement; Yap's pictures (in the original form) are magnificent!

B)..........Well I was right about the 15 to 20 meaning prison time, but wrong in the intended victim here :blink: Who would of thought of Joel??? Detective Gonzales has 3/4 of the bombing story and is tired of being put off by Dirk. It is time to confront Dirk at his shop, where he finds out from him that there is a discrepancy in the inventory!! Hmmm, can trace's of nitroglycerin be found in the debris, or will it just show up as dynamite? Shrugs, not that it makes a difference here, the investigation will lead back to Trevor's boat no matter what. Will Sanchez discover that the mix-up was not from the cartels doing but of a thief? Will it make a difference as he has already promised that Trevor will be killed no matter what without the need to implicate Dirk any further. I see rough seas ahead for Trevor, and a bad time for Joel coming up. I think Lisa will be key in persuading Gonzales to look into the planted evidence on Joel. Gonzales will start to piece it all together especially after using his new toy on the Sea Witch, he will be more intrigued after spotting George through his night vision goggles on Bridget's dock at night. George is being careless, will Gonzales contact the feds? Great Chapter CJ!!!

Well maybe the 15-20 is the conversation with Dirk and Trevor ... see Dirk is a good husband to keep his word and bark and bite Trevor until its time

Trevor failed to describe the rock ... which disallowed another possibility where the phone was stolen

Trevor makes friends cool - they treat their boats like hot rods of the sea - to go have fun

Well he'll be ok until his trip from schey to aussie -

Wow Joel facing 15 to 20 - he'll be Dirks age when he gets out - and be someone butt buddy with visits from Lisa and still they won't suspect Bridget

Gosh where is she storing all her money? It be nice if all those bills were burn to the ground or blown up. Same goes with George unless they sail accross the atlantic to make a swiss deposit??

Trevor getting a personal revenge for having nine lives because bubbling bomb makers

When will they ever learn the troubles started with bridget guesthouse ... too late when Joel butt buddy needs to unload and Lisa will not have any need to use the guesthouse

Curious... at the end of the chapter, it says that Bridget traveled Northeast to Miami... I'm pretty sure the Bahamas (and Andros) are east of Florida... unless you're implying that the transfer took place neatly between Andros, Florida, and Cuba. Odd place for illegal activity, but whatever. I'm not the criminal mastermind, so I suppose the details in his story are beyond me. :)

When will they ever learn the troubles started with bridget guesthouse ... too late when Joel butt buddy needs to unload and Lisa will not have any need to use the guesthouse

Actually the troubles began long before Bridget was in the picture, but you kinda bring up a good point. If Joel goes to jail, then he and Lisa won't be using the guesthouse anymore, or Bridget's tapped phone line. More to the point, Bridget will lose her constant updates on Trevor's status and whereabouts. I wonder if she'll think of that, and consider its effect on her and the Cartel's plans to eliminate him.

Actually the troubles began long before Bridget was in the picture, but you kinda bring up a good point. If Joel goes to jail, then he and Lisa won't be using the guesthouse anymore, or Bridget's tapped phone line. More to the point, Bridget will lose her constant updates on Trevor's status and whereabouts. I wonder if she'll think of that, and consider its effect on her and the Cartel's plans to eliminate him.

B)............. I actually think that even though they have acquired the needed evidence, they will wait before implementing the plan. I'm thinking just before Trevor reaches Australia, by that time Detective Gonzales has enough suspicion on Detective George to circumvent the proceedings against Joel. After all, Trevor will escape a 2nd possibly a 3rd assassination attempt. The close timing of both Joel's and Trevor's peril has to alert someone and hold back the proceedings. I'm thinking the next thing that comes across is a mistake by Bridget, one that reveals that she has heard of info that Lisa (G-D Lisa get a grip) realizes was private between her and Joel.

B)............. I actually think that even though they have acquired the needed evidence, they will wait before implementing the plan. I'm thinking just before Trevor reaches Australia, by that time Detective Gonzales has enough suspicion on Detective George to circumvent the proceedings against Joel. After all, Trevor will escape a 2nd possibly a 3rd assassination attempt. The close timing of both Joel's and Trevor's peril has to alert someone and hold back the proceedings. I'm thinking the next thing that comes across is a mistake by Bridget, one that reveals that she has heard of info that Lisa (G-D Lisa get a grip) realizes was private between her and Joel.

True, they're getting a bit sloppy. If it was indeed the poweryacht Sea Witch pulling away from her dock, then they were lucky that Gonzalez went out to better fill out the driver's seat in that Interceptor before hitting his vantage point. Any earlier and he could have probably seen the two of them leaving her house. It's sloppy enough that they have any boats involved in their operation docking at either of their private residences.

• Site Administrator

Okay, maybe not so much with this chapter, but more with the comments on the last one.

In this chapter George referred to Bridget's asset lists on the Ares. I know that Bridget is concerned that the papers may be in a water tight container in a secret compartment on the Ares and if found they could implicate her to the drug running business. The thing is those papers are so long in the past. Wouldn't she have dispersed said assets and acquired new ones over the years? I just don't see the list (and she admitted she doesn't know if her hubby had it or not) is enough for Sanchez and Bridget on being so intent on killing Trevor and now eliminating Joel.

There must be something that we are missing.

What is it?

oh, BTW, thanks for the chapter CJ :great:

As usual.. CJ is slowly but sure building up the tension again :). Will Bridget be busted before Trevor has to survive the next attack on his life ? Will Joel be accused - or will he start the search for Ares even before Trevor returns ?

I think we will have some really interesting chapters coming up. Lol, but thats nothing new with CJ either :P

CJ asked me to tell a bit about the pictures, the location where they have been taken. The dive site is "El Quadim Bay" close to El Quseir. Actually El Quadim used to be the old roman harbor - now there is a resort at that spot. The bay is part of the "M

Well I was right about the 15 to 20 meaning prison time, but wrong in the intended victim here :blink: Who would of thought of Joel??? Detective Gonzales has 3/4 of the bombing story and is tired of being put off by Dirk. It is time to confront Dirk at his shop, where he finds out from him that there is a discrepancy in the inventory!! Hmmm, can trace's of nitroglycerin be found in the debris, or will it just show up as dynamite? Shrugs, not that it makes a difference here, the investigation will lead back to Trevor's boat no matter what. Will Sanchez discover that the mix-up was not from the cartels doing but of a thief? Will it make a difference as he has already promised that Trevor will be killed no matter what without the need to implicate Dirk any further. I see rough seas ahead for Trevor, and a bad time for Joel coming up. I think Lisa will be key in persuading Gonzales to look into the planted evidence on Joel. Gonzales will start to piece it all together especially after using his new toy on the Sea Witch, he will be more intrigued after spotting George through his night vision goggles on Bridget's dock at night. George is being careless, will Gonzales contact the feds? Great Chapter CJ!!!

Great call, Benji! :) Yep, Fifteen to Twenty is the prison time.

The explosive can be traced to type, but all that will get them is the knowledge it was dynamite.

Rough seas for Trevor? But... It's all just smooth sailing! 0:)

Trevor makes friends cool - they treat their boats like hot rods of the sea - to go have fun

Well he'll be ok until his trip from schey to aussie -

Wow Joel facing 15 to 20 - he'll be Dirks age when he gets out - and be someone butt buddy with visits from Lisa and still they won't suspect Bridget

Gosh where is she storing all her money? It be nice if all those bills were burn to the ground or blown up. Same goes with George unless they sail accross the atlantic to make a swiss deposit??

Yachters are usually a pretty friendly bunch. It's good that Trevor joined up with some. :)

Bridget invests some of the money in businesses, as a silent partner, such as she was mentioned doing for the air conditioner company Lisa's father used to work for. In many cases, she hides her involvement. That's why the asset list was a concern.

True, they're getting a bit sloppy. If it was indeed the poweryacht Sea Witch pulling away from her dock, then they were lucky that Gonzalez went out to better fill out the driver's seat in that Interceptor before hitting his vantage point. Any earlier and he could have probably seen the two of them leaving her house. It's sloppy enough that they have any boats involved in their operation docking at either of their private residences.

Sea Witch has several names, and registration numbers, and she's often kept elsewhere, but yes, it is a little sloppy to have her at their residences at all. Bridget has been running her operation for at least a decade (that we know of) and it could be a case of familiarity breeds contempt. :)

Okay, maybe not so much with this chapter, but more with the comments on the last one.

In this chapter George referred to Bridget's asset lists on the Ares. I know that Bridget is concerned that the papers may be in a water tight container in a secret compartment on the Ares and if found they could implicate her to the drug running business. The thing is those papers are so long in the past. Wouldn't she have dispersed said assets and acquired new ones over the years? I just don't see the list (and she admitted she doesn't know if her hubby had it or not) is enough for Sanchez and Bridget on being so intent on killing Trevor and now eliminating Joel.

There must be something that we are missing.

What is it?

The asset list could still cause Bridget grief; all they'd need to do was find evidence she'd once owned some of them. It would add motive for murder, and also probably spark further investigations. Her argument to Sanchez was basically that it was a danger to her (it is, to a degree) but the police investigation of the murder inquiry is a bigger risk (due to the drug trafficking) and murdering Trevor in a way that frames Dirk solves both issues.

However... is the asset list Bridget's only reason? Here's a paragraph from 33 that touches that issue.

Bridget had not lied to Sanchez. What she had told him was, to the best of her knowledge, the truth; the risk of a lie was just too great, and there was no advantage to be gained by lying in this instance. It was not, however, the whole truth. Her late husband
  • 2 weeks later...

Yachters are usually a pretty friendly bunch. It's good that Trevor joined up with some. :)

Bridget invests some of the money in businesses, as a silent partner, such as she was mentioned doing for the air conditioner company Lisa's father used to work for. In many cases, she hides her involvement. That's why the asset list was a concern.

Well everything must be silent ... some may just take her money ... some runs her drug ops ... so I guess ... she has influence ... or she has business taken care on them

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..