Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 52 : Finding the Way

B)...............My only nightmare is that if Trevor passes the island during the night while sleeping, I think the clue left by the goat here is 'Reunion' an island name but still a clue in Trevor's rescue, given the wide range of misses and passes by the island the only logical conclusion is a rescue, from the Island. And a bare naked Trevor will be pleased to see his rescuers, although they may not be pleased at what they see.:boy:

There are shipping lanes running around the tip of South Africa, and some go to, or past, Reunion and Mauritius. So, there would be some sea traffic. It would be a case of luck. :)

Trevor is alone, on a stripped, damaged, crippled boat. He'll need every bit of skill he's ever had... but will it be enough?

Reunion or Bust! will post soon, so we'll learn the, ah, naked truth. :devil:

• Site Administrator

There are shipping lanes running around the tip of South Africa, and some go to, or past, Reunion and Mauritius. So, there would be some sea traffic. It would be a case of luck. :)

Trevor is alone, on a stripped, damaged, crippled boat. He'll need every bit of skill he's ever had... but will it be enough?

Reunion or Bust! will post soon, so we'll learn the, ah, naked truth. :devil:

I'm betting that our friend Ishewar will spot the naked Trevor sailing by his home and he swim out, rescue Trevor and they will happily ever after :P

Would it be best if he aims between Port Louis or Reunion ... then he'll have a choice of either island ... if he goes too much southerly he'll over shot and miss?

I think for more drama ... he'll miss the island and have to sail naked to Australia or suffer the screams from Lisa and Joel ... I wonder if Lisa wants a naked pic of Trevor and Joel? or maybe joel wants one for his diary.

Any video's in the use of the astrolab and the sextan?

I'm betting that our friend Ishewar will spot the naked Trevor sailing by his home and he swim out, rescue Trevor and they will happily ever after :P

LoL! :P

Well, we know that Trevor's navigation isn't perfect. :)

Would it be best if he aims between Port Louis or Reunion ... then he'll have a choice of either island ... if he goes too much southerly he'll over shot and miss?

I think for more drama ... he'll miss the island and have to sail naked to Australia or suffer the screams from Lisa and Joel ... I wonder if Lisa wants a naked pic of Trevor and Joel? or maybe joel wants one for his diary.

Any video's in the use of the astrolab and the sextan?

Good point on Port Louis... That's on Mauritious, about 110 miles northeast of Reunion. The only problem is, Mauritious is a little out of Atlantis's course range (too far to the left of the wind course) so he picked Reunion.

The problem with Trevor trying for Australia is time. He has a few weeks of food left, but his netting sail is made of stuff that's not designed for sun exposure, and couldn't stand a storm anyway. The other problem is the wind... He was going to jump off from Rodreguz Island, and from there he'd be looking at crosswind sailing for much of the way, which he can't really do under jury rig. The greatest enemy is time; even at the best speed he could hope to average on a direct route, he's looking at months. Atlantis can't sail that route in her current state, can't last that long, and neither can Trevor. "Reunion or Bust!" might sum it up well, and that chapter will be posting in less than an hour. :)

I'll see what I can find for a suitable wind chart and add it at the bottom of the chapter. :)

I Think this is what you want

Thanks Red!

LoL! :P

Well, we know that Trevor's navigation isn't perfect. :)

Good point on Port Louis... That's on Mauritious, about 110 miles northeast of Reunion. The only problem is, Mauritious is a little out of Atlantis's course range (too far to the left of the wind course) so he picked Reunion.

The problem with Trevor trying for Australia is time. He has a few weeks of food left, but his netting sail is made of stuff that's not designed for sun exposure, and couldn't stand a storm anyway. The other problem is the wind... He was going to jump off from Rodreguz Island, and from there he'd be looking at crosswind sailing for much of the way, which he can't really do under jury rig. The greatest enemy is time; even at the best speed he could hope to average on a direct route, he's looking at months. Atlantis can't sail that route in her current state, can't last that long, and neither can Trevor. "Reunion or Bust!" might sum it up well, and that chapter will be posting in less than an hour. :)

I'll see what I can find for a suitable wind chart and add it at the bottom of the chapter. :)

Thanks Red!

B)............. I went back many chapters to see if any of initial Trevor's convoy would be in his area at this time, seems not to be! I had thought the reunion would be with the Talon, Jan's boat. But he headed to to Maldives, well out of Trevor's reach as it is east and north of his position. But while going back, I remembered that Joel was driving Joel's car, could George screw this up by placing the drugs in the wrong car?

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..