UK GA Meet Summer 2011

paya

Awww Nephy :(:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

We will miss you, we'll make sure plenty of pics are taken for you to see too. Hope you find work sooner rather than later :hug:

Thats the worst news ever! Im not sure i want to go now :(

Paya and I will have to add wales onto our list of tourist spots for some time in the future...

:((

Awww Nephy.... We will miss you for sure if you can't make it, and in the meantime we will keep our fingers crossed that a job finds its way to you before the end of August, and that you can come to the meet.

My summer vacation is getting organised. I will be arriving in London on the Saturday morning and leaving on the Monday night. I won't be driving. And I still need to get the hotel booked, but I will get to that soon.

Ok, so the numbers are still looking at anywhere between 8 and 16 people.

One thing that does is make finding one place to congregate very difficult. Last time we all met at a bar, but anyone who has experience of london bars knows that they are usually crowded and too noisy for a chat.

Can I make the suggestion of booking a private dining room in some restaurant (of course, trying to make sure its a reasonably priced restaurant). The private rooms i am talking about come at no extra cost, but are at the disposal of large parties if booked in advance...

What do people think?

sounds good to me, it was a good way to get to know each other and chat the last time we did that :) (albeit the restaurant was practically empty but anyway! :P )

If I am not down on the rota for work, I'll know nearer the time, I'll come :). I haven't been to London in far too long.

You would both be more more more than welcome.

Depending on the benefits situation I MIGHT get up for a day

benefits are appalling :). They are nowhere near enough to live, especially as a young person who gets less.

awww darn thats not good news nephy :( We will all miss you :(

I need to organise accomodation and stuff soon. Could we set up a PM or something between people that are going so we can share details of where we are staying to give people an idea of where to book said accomodation? :)

Train and hotel are booked, so... I'll be there. If all goes well, I should be quite jet-lagged so you'll have to cut me some slack :P

Edit: I agree with the restaurant side room reservation. I also agree with the closed group for detailed discussion. Would a closed Facebook group, like we did last time, be convenient for everyone?

Edited by Bleu

Lets face the truth huh. As much as I may fight against it I'm coming. If I have to sell my kids I'm coming. It may just be for the day or I might have to sleep with someone but I'm coming. I have ulterior motives that you don't need to know about but I am so definitely coming :)

Lets face the truth huh. As much as I may fight against it I'm coming. If I have to sell my kids I'm coming. It may just be for the day or I might have to sleep with someone but I'm coming. I have ulterior motives that you don't need to know about but I am so definitely coming :)

yay :)

erm.... do you really think you would get a good price for your kids :P

• Like 2

Poor Nephy! I hope you find a job soon...

Yes, you're coming ! And MANDAAAAAAAAAAAA!Posted Image, and Bleu and Agaith and....

It's going to be so Posted Image!

The reservation for a restaurant is good! But is there something that one of us doesn't really like or is allergic too? (Suppose we book in a restaurant with only fish and someone can't eat it or something like that...)!

Bises

What happens in the meetup? I live in London at the moment and am just curious. How come it seems to span a few days? Not a general meet and greet? :o

Well, at the pre-meetup in Manchester in February, we mostly had lunch and dinner together. We also wandered around the city and went to a bookstore. It was cold and rainy so the choices were limited, but London in August might provide more opportunities (picnic in a park anyone?). Also, it spans a few days because not everyone is free at the same time. So that way, we're hoping that those who can stay for the whole bank holiday week-end will get to meet everyone.

The reservation for a restaurant is good! But is there something that one of us doesn't really like or is allergic too? (Suppose we book in a restaurant with only fish and someone can't eat it or something like that...)!

Last time, Italian food and a steak house got the most votes. Don't worry, there is plenty of places in and around Soho. Personally I always go and eat Indonesian food when I go there, but it's not to everyone's taste. :P

A pique nique could be fun Posted Image ! And I like japanese food but I know it's difficult for some ...

And for the people who will be Monday (and Sunday) there is the Carnaval at Notting Hill...

A pique nique could be fun Posted Image ! And I like japanese food but I know it's difficult for some ...

And for the people who will be Monday (and Sunday) there is the Carnaval at Notting Hill...

I'm all for a picnic and the Notting Hill Carnaval on Sunday! :D:2thumbs:

OK, how do we organize this? We should make a list of events and who is attending when so that we know how many seats book and stuff. It also depends what everyone expects from it - to get to know new people? We could do a Saturday picnic (but since for example me and Westie already have a programme for Saturday evening, we wouldn't attend to anything in the eve I guess) but I'd go to watch the Carnaval on Sunday...

I'm happy to go with the flow. As long as there is good company and lots of hugs I really don't care, although I do have a promise from Westie to show me a particular kind of club in Soho ;)

I WILL get the money to get there but I don't know how much spending money I will have so picnic sounds good.

Well we've decided that due to expense we are only going to come up for the Saturday from the morning till late evening to meet the group.

A picnic for a few hours would be a wonderful lunch and opportunity. We hope to take away a chance to meet some amazing people and see one or two of my favourite authors :) A chance to sit around on the grass and talk about stuffz. Sounds like absolute bliss hehe

So would an event in the morning be viable, then the lunch and then an additional event on the saturday?

(as an advance warning, no facebook photos of me or my partner (chaocontrol6) because my parents dont know about GA and his parents don't support us :( )

On the subject of the visit, I volunteer myself to put the itinerary together for the general visit and who is arriving when and where etc etc. and what is happening at what times and if we set up a email thing round possibly so people can have an updated version of the information over the coming weeks? :)

Well we've decided that due to expense we are only going to come up for the Saturday from the morning till late evening to meet the group.

A picnic for a few hours would be a wonderful lunch and opportunity. We hope to take away a chance to meet some amazing people and see one or two of my favourite authors :) A chance to sit around on the grass and talk about stuffz. Sounds like absolute bliss hehe

So would an event in the morning be viable, then the lunch and then an additional event on the saturday?

(as an advance warning, no facebook photos of me or my partner (chaocontrol6) because my parents dont know about GA and his parents don't support us :( )

On the subject of the visit, I volunteer myself to put the itinerary together for the general visit and who is arriving when and where etc etc. and what is happening at what times and if we set up a email thing round possibly so people can have an updated version of the information over the coming weeks? :)

I guess we can start off with a picnic on the Saturday. But since the weather might not agree with our plan, we should have a plan B.

And don't worry, John, there were no pictures posted in February. At this point, if several people are not quite ok with Facebook, why doesn't someone create a closed Yahoo or Google group? Does anyone have some experience with this? A group would be easier than an email I think.

I've set up a closed Google Group for all GA Gatherings so any future discussion involving time and dates and locations can be located there.

Its private and not on the Google Groups Directory so it has utmost privacy.

If people who are coming could PM me their email addresses it would be greatly appreciated so i can send out invitations. I will send out invitations for people who I have email addresses for and then members can invite members etc. A whole chain of love :D

Jesus i sound like an Admin...

Help me :P

I would like to send to you my email adresse but it seems that you can't receive new message...Posted Image! Did everyone send theirs email at the same time?

I've set up a closed Google Group for all GA Gatherings so any future discussion involving time and dates and locations can be located there.

Its private and not on the Google Groups Directory so it has utmost privacy.

If people who are coming could PM me their email addresses it would be greatly appreciated so i can send out invitations. I will send out invitations for people who I have email addresses for and then members can invite members etc. A whole chain of love :D

Jesus i sound like an Admin...

Help me :P

Hmmmmm..... well to me a picnic in central london is pretty much my idea of hell, but if thats what everyone else agrees to, I will have to go along I guess.

I totally agree with Jon re: photographs of the event, I would prefer to be the photographer in that case, rather than the model.