Unsanctioned Contest

Hey,

I'm sorry to bother the writer's corner, but I thought up a idea, and I asked my chatmates (Bumblebee and Quonus10) and they agreed with me, so... here it is:

I want to do a unsanctioned contest where I would like to see who writes the best story. Here's the catch... I'm deaf, so you must include a deaf gay character in the story. So basically it's just a writing contest for the best story with a deaf gay character as a supporting role.

It won't hurt to try because I noticed in the history of GA before, there's no stories written with deaf gay characters in it. So why not break down the barrier?

John

There's movies and stories about blind guys but not deaf. PS: Raku, did you know Beethoven wrote some of his greatest works while being deaf?

WOOT! I MAY actually make it!! I'm up to six pages already!!! (my friends will hate me. I've abandoned about three other In-Progress stories to work on this, lol...) ANyway- wanted to ask for clarification....

How long is a chapter? I notice that a lot of the stories on GA seem to be about 8000 words a chapter... but is there actually any sort of guidelines for this or is it all just chance that that's how it turns out???

Right before the deadline, finally there's a competition between Cailen and Marzipan!

Anyone of you who are still interested in posting stories of yours about the deaf culture itself, go ahead! don't be shy! :)

And Woo-hoo!!! 400th Post! :)

Edited by Rakuten06

Right before the deadline, finally there's a competition between Cailen and Marzipan!

Anyone of you who are still interested in posting stories of yours about the deaf culture itself, go ahead! don't be shy! :)

And Woo-hoo!!! 400th Post! :)

Raku, it won't be a dual and sorry Cailen, but I'm gonna root for Zolia Lily. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: She entered the this Unsanctioned Contest with her story, but I think missed to put a link here or PM you... You can check her via PM if needed, I'm sure :)

And here's a link to Lily's story:

Luke and Caleb's Bad Beginning

I promise Raku, it will blow your mind :D

Maria- i was getting around to it!!!!

Lol- sorry, i hadn't officially announced or anything yet since it was nearly 2am when i was posting and i was falling asleep at the time...

But Hooray! Chapter one is up and i now need to hurry and see if i can finish chapter two today :D :D :D

I think i'm half way done. Not sure.

Hard to tell, since i so rarely FINISH anything at all!!!

I've decided i really want to do this... but

a) i have like 6 days (at least it's a long weekend...)

and

B) i'm not not not not not good at writing on demand...

sooo.... i guess i'll see how i go!!!

Eeeekk!!!

* feverishly starts scribbling *...

edit : HA that was supposed to be a ' b ) ' as in 'point b'. Silly emoticons lols :D

I hope you write a story Zolia, if I wrote another story, it would take 10 years to finish one chapter lol