China n their Fakes

How many times has china sent lead or mercury contaminated products to the USA? I'm sorry, I don't think it was a mistake, not if it happens twice in less than three years. As for these fake eggs... gross.

High quality fakes of Microsoft Office Pro (retail ~$500) are finding their way into retailers hands here in the states. It looks just like the real thing.

When you try to install it, the software won't activate when it contacts Microsoft's RealAdvantage server. In 60 days the software will lock up and you can't use it.

Microsoft won't help. They want you to tell them where you got it but they won't even offer a discount. They expect you to buy the software again. Which is the point that I told them to do anatomically impossible things with their anus.

Policies like that encourage consumers to use cracks and other questionable methods when they basically say- don't care, get lost.

While it's scary to think about being exposed to something dangerous through fake goods, it speaks volumes about the state of affairs over there, if the lower class worker needs to go to such lengths just to survive or make like 100$. It really is sad on all counts.

• Like 1

I live in Malaysia and the fake egg thing has been aired on T.V. It's really hard to tell the difference between a fake egg and a real egg. I dunno how they do it but they've managed to almost replicate a real egg. The only differences is the egg white is somewhat cloudier and theres no yolk in a fake egg most of the time @_@

There's counterfeiting of all sorts on all levels everywhere. China gets more attention from it because attention is focused on them. Nevertheless the rate there is extremely high and it's pretty disappointing.

When you have economic expansion at the rate China's experiencing right now, it almost surpasses the ability for effective policy to contain it. And if I'm not too off the mark, I think on some small scale the government looks the other way on things just as long as those things can boost GDP, but who hasn't done that throughout history? Counterfeiting is a bit of a crisis but like many political/economic crisis, it's rarely brought on from a one-sided capital motive. It may take generations to correct.

• Like 1

There was a movie that back in 1998 called Knockoff - that shows how much counterfeit goods are on the market - all over the world.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120724/

A Hong Kong fashion designer (Jean Claude Van Damme, if you can believe that billing) who had previously been involved in knock offs of major label merchandise, such as "Pumma" running shoes, attempts to go straight with the help of his new partner (Rob Schneider), who is secretly an undercover CIA agent involved in an investigation of the black market. Their main product, jeans, is involved in the knock offs, which brings a representative (Lela Rochon) of the American company to investigate. Paul Sorvino also appears as the head of the CIA operation in Hong Kong. However, just as Schneider is not as he initially seems, everyone in the film switches roles by film's end.

- - - -

I've gone to chinatown in ny alot in the early days of the street vendors ... i've seen a lot of cheap digital watches (coming from hong kong - i suppose) ... its makes me wonder if they are truely casio's or not ... i have purchase a couple of them and surprisingly they lasted for several years. If they are knockoffs - this is a good deal.

But given the sense of whats been happening with Chinese goods ... it appears that the world should start banning ... as wells as taking taking sanctions against china and their business

perhaps ... let them drum themselves out of business .... look japan has not done anything like this back in the 50s to 70s as far as I could remember ...

But again Chinese seem to be notoriously driven by making the fast buck ... I am pretty sure there are other cultures that has similiar ... wheel and deal ... or bait and switch ... or selling knock-offs

How many of you will no longer buy a mattel toy for your child because of what china did with lead paint? Even if Mattel will no longer have china make their toys? Its like could you take a risk ever again when your child is concern ... I am sure mattel will find another country or a company in china that will not use lead paint ... but would you take a chance?

Same goes with the powdered milk and the dry walls ... would you take the risk?

However that may not be as easy said than done because our public debt creditors is China ... we're in a bad position to take a disliking ... to their bad reputation ... perhaps may force us to look the other way??

It's a terrible thing when the greatest country in the western hemisphere is indebted to a major eastern power. You get what you pay for. If we want to save a "few" bucks by out-sourcing our jobs and pay less for cheap labor then we get what we deserve(not speaking for the American people) but our gvt. Why don't we settle our debt to them by paying them with "funny"money? After all it' a cheap imitation.

Edited by Friendship7
  • Like 1

For me fake anything materialistic like ipad, watches blah blah blah is'nt really that important. those are things that're a waste of money to begin with even if it's real. but to fake Food products that can cause bodily harm to a fellow human is very very wrong in my book. to have such greed that you don't care for another living person is hideously n horrifyingly immoral.

omfg_moar_eggies_by_nocturnalMoTH.jpg

Can you guess which one is the fake one?

Nope. If there really is a fake egg in there.......

I am speechless. This is so appalling.

Counterfeit software is one thing, but fake food?! Someone could get really sick or die from this!

There has to be some international laws that govern things like this!!! Maybe major sanctions against China and removal of China from the Security Council will force them into action.

Edit: wait...is the fake egg in the middle row, column 4?

Edited by thephoenix

In all honesty, I don't much see the difference in essence between the blatant practice of counterfeiting food in China and the subtle fraudulent practice of the American food industry in trying to add a little to their bottom line by concealing food processing and sometimes selling falsely advertised merchandises. Historically speaking, milk used to be heavily counterfeited here in the US during the early 1900s when it would be diluted before being sold.

• Like 1

In all honesty, I don't much see the difference in essence between the blatant practice of counterfeiting food in China and the subtle fraudulent practice of the American food industry in trying to add a little to their bottom line by concealing food processing and sometimes selling falsely advertised merchandises. Historically speaking, milk used to be heavily counterfeited here in the US during the early 1900s when it would be diluted before being sold.

Diluted with what?

Nope. If there really is a fake egg in there.......

Edit: wait...is the fake egg in the middle row, column 4?

Perhaps its laying a silent and deadly surprise ... do not inhale when cooking

Diluted with what?

I guess that will be answered after the statue of limitations.