Don't know, I have a Sony e-book. I can reformat and download GA stories to that one.

Don't know, I have a Sony e-book. I can reformat and download GA stories to that one.

Oh and mine is a few years old so I don't know if the newer ones can still do the same incase you were thinking of getting one.

Do all stories work on Kindle? Thinking of getting one, but not if I can't get my GA story fix

Unless the content has digital rights management protection, you can usually convert it to a Kindle supported format without too much effort.

Calibre ebook management is a shareware program that converts from/to several unprotected formats including epub & mobi. Most of the eBooks that you buy from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc. are protected so be careful to get a format that will display on your device.

Amazon has a free download for Mobipocket Creator which will let you take text or HTML and compile it into a Kindle compatible format. I've converted a few longer stories from GA, Nifty, etc. this way.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't wait to get one! I've been wanting to get one for awhile, but I'm worried I won't use it as often as I think I will. It's very appealing to be able to have all my books in an electronic format though. I'm planning to get one in a couple months when things slow down at work and I have more time to play with it.

Do it. I just got mine a week ago and love it. I amso thought i might not use it all that much but i was wrong.

The colibre program mentioned above works just fine to reformat. Basically you save any word document into filtered html (option on the word pull down menu), and then drop it into colibre reformating to its mobi format. Then you hook the kindle usb up to the computer and it appear like another hard drive with a document folder. You drop the reformatted document into the folder and you are done.

I also like it because traditionally i go through alot of paper proofing. For some reason i need to see a real page to proof effectively, - wierd I know. Anyway with the kindle I can get away from that. I keep it on my desk next to the computer and I read it while i make corrections on the computer. We all have our quirks I guess.

So my kindle is going to save me money on toner and also save a few trees.

Best of Luck.

ps. the smaller one is really qute and compact, but if you want to see the whole page go for the larger more expensive one. Ive used both and prefer the bigger one.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...