50 State Stereotypes (in 2 Minutes)

methodwriter85

Here's a video where this guy goes on a riff about all 50 states in two minutes. I thought it was funny and cute. What did he say about your state? (If you're American.)

On Delaware- "Come! We've got low incorporation fees. No, seriously, please come." LMAO. Very, very true. The main stereotype about Delaware is what we call "Slower Lower"- it's this stereotype that people who live in the Southern half of the state (which is below the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal) are total hicks who live a slow pace of life. Hence, why we call it "Slower Lower" Delaware.

The ones I really liked were-

Alaska - "I can see seasonal depression from here."

Georgia - "Atlanta! We're kinda ashamed of the rest of it, though."

Louisiana - "Thanks, BP. Like we didn't have enough problems."

New Jersey - "Guidos. Turnpikes. Leeching off New York."

Rhode Island - "No seriously, we're a state."

Texas- "Everything is bigger. Even our morons."

Vermont- "Gay marriageS on maple syrup farms."

You guys got any funny state stereotypes from where you're from?

• Like 1

I liked that one, too.

He was off on Maryland, because Maryland is not known for lobster. It's known for crabs. Although I'm guessing he's making fun of the D.C. suburban people with vacation homes on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, as they are very, very rich.

The one for California should actually have been titled

HOLLYWOOD CALIFORNIA - Gay Mexican boobjob computer hippies who really wanna direct.

It really doesn't make any sense for Northern California, 'cause we're

NORTHERN CALIFORNIA - Gay Nerd vegan computer hippies who really wanna start a software company.

Up here we don't have a movie or TV industry (unlike our friends down in Southern California) so we'd never 'wanna direct'. :whistle:

Colin B)

...too nice not to elect douchey governors...?

We've had REALLY douchey governors! Jesse Ventura was bad enough, but then we came up with Tim Pawlenty...!?

This is just to embarrassing, I may have to move.

• 1 month later...

Northern Jersey seems to have the Guidos. Southern/Central Jersey has either the spoiled rich Republican beach bunnies, or the 10 people who still farm for a living. My sister's in-laws are from the tiny red-kneck part of the state, and it's pretty funny because you just don't really associate New Jersey with farms anymore.

Edited by methodwriter85

Hey now! Illinois has more than just corrupt politicians. We've got....uhm...

Well, we've got....uh....

K - give me a couple hours. I'm sure I'll think up something! :P

Pennsylvania: The Amish will fight you...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAH

GOD Every damn time when I say... I grew up in Pennsylvania and I always hear something about those damn Amish people. Yes, yes, yes... but they're not everywhere like in the mountains and woods (where I grew up).

Edited by Jack Frost

K - give me a couple hours. I'm sure I'll think up something! :P

Well, Chicago has the hot, beefy guys with broad shoulders. That counts for something. Not a fan of the twink look at all.

Posted Image

West Virginia: The inbred love-child of Virginia and DC? Hardly

Also, I was born in Maryland and agree- It's crabs not lobsters!!!

• 1 month later...

Here's a parody of the Pure Michigan ads that have been running. Michiganers, is there a grain of truth to this?

Detroit. God. That places makes me wanna cry looking at it. I feel so sorry for the people who come there and have to see their home city disappearing into a ghost town like that.

Edited by methodwriter85

Here's a parody of the Pure Michigan ads that have been running. Michiganers, is there a grain of truth to this?

Detroit. God. That places makes me wanna cry looking at it. I feel so sorry for the people who come there and have to see their home city disappearing into a ghost town like that.

I want to see Detroit restored to its former glory...like how Chicago is now.

I think the best solution for Detroit would be controlled shrinkage- congregating people in nearly empty neighborhoods and putting them in okay-to-thriving neighborheads. Then reverting the empty neighborhoods into wild prairie, maybe some urban gardens or parks. Here's an article that talks about how that would work:

Shrinking Detroit Back To Greatness

This could work, but you would have to get people willing to relocate their property to other areas.

Edited by methodwriter85

I think the best solution for Detroit would be controlled shrinkage- congregating people in nearly empty neighborhoods and putting them in okay-to-thriving neighborheads. Then reverting the empty neighborhoods into wild prairie, maybe some urban gardens or parks. Here's an article that talks about how that would work:

Shrinking Detroit Back To Greatness

This could work, but you would have to get people willing to relocate their property to other areas.

But detroit has a great airport and airport hotel! (Delta was suposed to fly us LAX-Toronto Canada, but ran out of fuel.....) Pity that the taxi driver we asked to take us for a drive to fill in the unexpected stopover said "No!, nothin' to see"