Teen Nick 90's Nostalgia Fest

methodwriter85

I'm happy to announce that Teen Nick is going to start running classic Nickelodeon shows from the 1990's!

Teen Nick To Run Shows From Network's Golden Age

90's kid television is soooo much better than what they have for kids today. We really did have the best t.v. shows for our childhood- everything from Clarissa Explains It All, Pete and Pete, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Legends of the Hidden Temple, and of course, Doug and All That. Contemporary Nick just doesn't hold a candle to 90's Nickelodeon.

It's pretty awesome that Facebook fans of these old shows were able to spearhead the revival. I cannot wait to start laughing at Lori Beth Denberg again, or watching Sam climb up Clarissa's ladder again, or see Da Brat doing a performance on All That.

This is going to be off the hook!:great:

+1!

That show scared the bajeebers out of me, when I was small. Now, not so much, but back in the day I loved it!

Same here. The one with the little ghost kid who stood outside the kids window saying "I'm cold" freaked me out for YEARS when I was a kid. For days after I say that episode I could barely get out of bed at night to go to the bathroom, lol.

Same here. The one with the little ghost kid who stood outside the kids window saying "I'm cold" freaked me out for YEARS when I was a kid. For days after I say that episode I could barely get out of bed at night to go to the bathroom, lol.

Or the one with the secret room in the library, that one taught me the value of not lingering in creepy buildings haha.

The best shows ever were in the 90's and early 2000's on Nick.

Just to name a few: Rocket Power, Hey Arnold, CatDog, Slime Time Live, Rocko's Modern Life, and Kenan & Kel! Man how I miss all those shows. :P

You were on the show?!?! :o

For the life of me I can't remember what show it was now (I was like 7)... I feel like they used to slime on more than one show. Anyways, I was in the studio audience, and got called down for a sliming. And I was really expecting the slime to taste . . . like lime jello, maybe . . . but it smelled and tasted like oranges :P

For the life of me I can't remember what show it was now (I was like 7)... I feel like they used to slime on more than one show. Anyways, I was in the studio audience, and got called down for a sliming. And I was really expecting the slime to taste . . . like lime jello, maybe . . . but it smelled and tasted like oranges :P

Okay, that is really cool! And oranges? That surprises me, but in a pleasant way lol.

I love the nostalgia:

So many good shows from the 90's: Rocko's Modern Life, Doug, All That, Secret World of Alex Mack (Hope they do the entire series), and my favorite Are you afraid of the Dark? (It was spooky)

My favorite episodes of Are you afraid of the Dark were the one where they had the door in the attic that led to the toy doll house and the ghost boy who died of cold. Between that and Goosebumps, I was a traumatized child :P .

PS: Were you, Kingdombythesea, on Double Dare, Guts, or another game show thing?

I'm happy to announce that Teen Nick is going to start running classic Nickelodeon shows from the 1990's!

Teen Nick To Run Shows From Network's Golden Age

90's kid television is soooo much better than what they have for kids today. We really did have the best t.v. shows for our childhood- everything from Clarissa Explains It All, Pete and Pete, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Legends of the Hidden Temple, and of course, Doug and All That. Contemporary Nick just doesn't hold a candle to 90's Nickelodeon.

It's pretty awesome that Facebook fans of these old shows were able to spearhead the revival. I cannot wait to start laughing at Lori Beth Denberg again, or watching Sam climb up Clarissa's ladder again, or see Da Brat doing a performance on All That.

This is going to be off the hook!:great:

DAMN! I miss the early nickelodeon days indeed. Arrgh, Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life, and Rugrats.

Are you afraid of the dark.... HAHA! Bloody awesome show. Although I wasn't really afraid of the dark, still...Haha.

I love the nostalgia:

So many good shows from the 90's: Rocko's Modern Life, Doug, All That, Secret World of Alex Mack (Hope they do the entire series), and my favorite Are you afraid of the Dark? (It was spooky)

My favorite episodes of Are you afraid of the Dark were the one where they had the door in the attic that led to the toy doll house and the ghost boy who died of cold. Between that and Goosebumps, I was a traumatized child :P .

PS: Were you, Kingdombythesea, on Double Dare, Guts, or another game show thing?

Oh yeah, the secret life of alex mack! And I also remember that black kid who'se an alien. I forgot the name of the show. And all that, haha... amanda bynes was so hilarious with her segments. She was the reason I was watching the show. Haha.

Like most pre-2000's shows, it's a bitch to get them on DVD, and a lot of time the DVD's get botched because of music issues. (I really want to get the Daria DVD's, but I'm hestiant because they replaced all of the music, including the two pivotal music moments from the series - "What Do You Want From Me?" by Monaco and "Everybody Hurts" by REM.) So syndication is best way to view the shows. I have nieces, so I have watch a lot of current children's tv. I think the one thing that stands out is that all of the kids on current kid shows seem to think acting equals making your eyes really big and shouting your lines. No one looks or acts natural anymore, like you would see on Are You Afraid of the Dark or Pete and Pete. Plus, from a feminist perspective, there is a serious dearth of female leads who get to be interesting, quirky, and different-looking. It just seems like the girl role models currently on Nick and Disney are all vapid, shallow, and obsessed with looks, getting a boyfriend, being famous, and popularity. (Do not even get me started on Zoey 101 or Shake It Up.) You don't get characters like Clarissa Darling or Alex Mack anymore- lead girls who don't dress in perfectly trendy outfits with perfectly coiffed hair, girls who don't simper at the sight of a cute boy, and who have actual interests that make them stand out. I mean, Clarissa would make video games to teach her mom a lesson about the need to let your daughter express her individuality in clothing. How cool was that?

My favorite Are You Afraid of the Dark episode was the one with guy who hangs out with a girl to research this ghost story about a young guy, only to realize at the end that she's his ghost girlfriend and they leave to go to their 1950's ghost prom in the sky. I was a sucker for the use of "In the Still of the Night".

The "All That" theme song started playing in my head as soon as I saw this thread. Posted Image This is good news. Very good news indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omq-Qb_zmqc&feature=player_embedded

Josh Server got really attractive, but damn he looked too old for the show by season 6.

I think Lori Beth Denberg and Katrina Johnson were my favorite cast members. Amanda Bynes was better on her own show.

DAMN! I miss the early nickelodeon days indeed. Arrgh, Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life, and Rugrats.

Are you afraid of the dark.... HAHA! Bloody awesome show. Although I wasn't really afraid of the dark, still...Haha.

Oh yeah, the secret life of alex mack! And I also remember that black kid who'se an alien. I forgot the name of the show. And all that, haha... amanda bynes was so hilarious with her segments. She was the reason I was watching the show. Haha.

The Journey of Allen Strange :P

That was cool, but Nick didn't really give the show a proper ending. I mean the television movie was kind of a cop out in my mind; I re-watched a few years ago through live streams before the networks started killing them online. Same with Animorphs, while Nick did a great as producers and actors had brilliant plot set up; they really weren't great with pure science fiction series endings, excluding Secret world of Alex Mack, which had a really strong ending, and Are Your Afriaid of the Dark?, which was more an anthology like the twillight zone or outer limits with their ending plot twists.

I don't blame them for dropping Animorphs, if you guys read the books like I did, you know that making a show that dark for kids would probably never work on television. If they had continued with Animorphs; they would have to push the envelope towards darker areas of fighting a guerrilla war and the sacrifices the characters eventually made in the book series to win, would probably have caused PTA groups to boycott in the 1990's. (The most shocking scene in the series when they had disabled kids going on one final suicide attack, not something that many people even today would be accepting even in literary context. I for one find it something to admire, the sacrifice was honestly the most touching thing I had read at that point.)

If Nick wants to re-do a series, in my mind Animorphs would be what kids need to see today; they don't need perfect heroes and villains with the good guys always winning with no costs on their side, kids need to see that in any fight there is always a cost. In a post 9/11 world, the lessons from that book series is not only relevant, but something many adults have yet to understand.

Okay, back to the lighter side of Nick in the 1990's, sorry for the critique :)

Cartoons on Nick, oh where do we start: Rocko's Modern Life was definitely great (I love the episode where Heffer moves out and he becomes a complete mess living with cock roaches :P ), I miss Arrgh Real Monster too (It's like college for monsters), and finally Doug, nothing more need to be said. :D

Yeah, brings back old memories. Are you afraid of the dark, goosebumps, Alex Mac etc..... and one waaay back in the 90's I can't remember what the name was except I recall an image of this creepy alien guy who looked a litlle like Darth Vader but you could see some of his face. No idea what the show was called. I'm talking almost 15-20 years ago, now, and I'm quite sure it wasn't even by Nick, could have been BBC or something.

The shows were a lot better back then. It's the same with Disney's older movies. The stuff Disney produces today is really weak, as well.

From 1994 to 2007, there was a high-numbered channel called "Nick GAS" (Games and Sports) that reran all the classic game shows, like Nick Arcade, Guts, Finders Keepers, Figure It Out, Get the Picture, Wild and Crazy Kids, and of course, Legends of the Hidden Temple.