Workout Music

Phantom

Okay so I'm getting back into the whole working out/running and gym thing but most of my music isn't cutting it and honestly the music I've found for cardio workouts suck eggs on iTunes...

Anyone have any advice on how to get a decent playlist or album to recommend for cardio workouts?

Eric :)

The harder the music the more I shake my butt. That is how I lost a bunch of lbs. in my late 20's. For exercise I like listening to heavy metal/hard rock. The harder the better for the motivation. Just make sure to dance as hard as the music is. Shake your Booty Baby !!

Good luck babe.

I agree with Rush, heavy but something upbeat. I'm a big fan of Ozzy and Nickleback when I'm weight lifting but on cardio something a little less heavy but that still keeps me motivated and from being bored. 'Honkytonk' songs I guess you'd call them, Smoke a little smoke, Dirt Road Anthem, My kind of party, stuff along that line; then again I was raised on country music so that kinda figures into my personality.

best,

Owl

• 2 weeks later...

Eric,

I agree with Rush and Owl, fast beats. I personally have a playlist for working out/running and most of it is from Punk Bands - Bad religion, Sum 41, Greenday, Blink, Rise Against - I'm missing a few but they all are up tempo, especially for running. Even my Personal Trainer who hates - or so he stated - Punk Rock hums along during our work outs so it can't be all bad - F' bombs aside. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Something bouncy always works for me. Sleater-Kinney's One Beat album has a really good steady beat to it. A lot of Ramones stuff is really good, too. (So's peppy europop, if you can handle the complete lack of hip cred.)

Really what it comes down to is your own taste. If you've got a problem with getting bored, audiobooks might be a good option.

Deadmau5 is my workout playlist. If it gives you energy to dance in a room full of sweaty strangers, it can motivate your ass to do a few more reps.

Usually I have a movie playing while I exercise. I mostly just run so I need something to distract me from how boring running in place on a treadmill is, not something that gets me pumped up, but when I do need something to pump me up 80's inspirational montage songs do it the best. J-pop is pretty good too. But you can't go wrong with anything fast and up tempo.