Homosexuality in History

hh5

thanks for sorting that out

Tommy Kirk .. had drug usage issues and got fired from one of his acting gigs

No real news of why Tim disney career tapered off after 1960

The thing is he wasn't signed on under long term contract just like Tom

Both are almost the same age; differ by one year

Tim's "Disney career" ended because Tim got the plum role of Mike Douglas on My Three Sons and his role ran for 185 episodes over 5 years, but he got too old to be in the cast as a son so he was married off. After that he did minor roles here and there, but when you've done a role like he did for 5 years it can be hard for a child actor to break that corner you put yourself in.

But he didn't need the money, he was well off; he didn't need to attention, he was pretty grounded; and he had other interests. He mostly moved on.

that sounds like acting was something to try out

so is he a silver-spoon type person during the younger years?

well if acting was something to him ... he work at it ... and try to get older roles

since its not then he finds what suited him

just like march twins ... one stayed in acting n the other got into the movie business, i think its editing or sound

Tim's "Disney career" ended because Tim got the plum role of Mike Douglas on My Three Sons and his role ran for 185 episodes over 5 years, but he got too old to be in the cast as a son so he was married off. After that he did minor roles here and there, but when you've done a role like he did for 5 years it can be hard for a child actor to break that corner you put yourself in.

But he didn't need the money, he was well off; he didn't need to attention, he was pretty grounded; and he had other interests. He mostly moved on.

• 2 months later...

By the way I recently found out from the history channell

That Abraham Lincoln was at the least bisexual...

he had at least 3 lovers through his lifetime

Found this out on: the things you didn't know about: Abraham Lincoln

James I King of England (also the VI of Scotland) was gay or bisexual. He had at least one gay lover, Robert Carr, a 17 year year old reputedly of great beauty with whom he fell in love. James I showered gifts and titles on Carr - he ended up an Earl - but following a lover's tiff King James wrote that Carr had been "creeping back and withdrawing yourself from lying in my chamber, notwithstanding my many hundred times earnest soliciting you to the contrary". So it wasn't a match made in heaven but at least Carr kept his head and ended up in comfortable retirement :P

Regarding Alexander the Great, we can flesh out the stories a little. Posted Image

Alexander stated that he didn't like having sex with a woman because it reminded him of his own mortality, and how closely related pain and pleasure are.

Regarding Alexander the Great, we can flesh out the stories a little. Posted Image

Alexander stated that he didn't like having sex with a woman because it reminded him of his own mortality, and how closely related pain and pleasure are.

So that means Alexander was a bottom ! :o

I wonder why no one mentioned Plato or Socrates? I think the charges of "corrupting youths" was trumped up if anything against Socrates and impiety charge was just false. He was a man of reason and a believer in wisdom through virtue, which politics and wealth corrupts in so many forms.

So that means Alexander was a bottom ! Posted Image

I wonder why no one mentioned Plato or Socrates? I think the charges of "corrupting youths" was trumped up if anything against Socrates and impiety charge was just false. He was a man of reason and a believer in wisdom through virtue, which politics and wealth corrupts in so many forms.

Corrupting Youth in a Time and place notorious for Corrupted Youth.... Unlikely...

James I King of England (also the VI of Scotland) was gay or bisexual. He had at least one gay lover, Robert Carr, a 17 year year old reputedly of great beauty with whom he fell in love. James I showered gifts and titles on Carr - he ended up an Earl - but following a lover's tiff King James wrote that Carr had been "creeping back and withdrawing yourself from lying in my chamber, notwithstanding my many hundred times earnest soliciting you to the contrary". So it wasn't a match made in heaven but at least Carr kept his head and ended up in comfortable retirement Posted Image

Yes- he was THAT King James of the King James bible.

He commissioned the first English version of the bible, and rumor has it, the translators put the 6 anti-gay verse translations in the bible (they could have gone in other directions) as a slight toward old King James.

Corrupting Youth in a Time and place notorious for Corrupted Youth.... Unlikely...

I think they meant philosophical and political corruption as in Socrates idea for people to reason out the actions of leaders and challenge ideas. They were screwing teenage boys several different ways during those days, so it's not that type of "corruption" Posted Image

Actually, I don't know, but for some reason I always imagined Socrates being the first modern gay man, sure he probably did have flings with boys like the others, but I think he might be the first in Greek society to push the envelope and develop long term relationships. However, it's just a feeling and it can't be proven as Socrates never wrote anything down. It was from Greek historians and Plato, who made references to his old master that we even know of his existence.

If Plato was gay, it wouldn't surprise me as he never did like girls and he believed in the concept of same sex relationships as in modern contexts. If those ideals were imparted by Socrates, then it makes sense.

Edited by W_L