Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

The Figure Skating Thread

Since we're starting in on JJ's junior career in figure skating, I thought it'd be cool to start a thread with videos and such relating to the world of figure skating.

Here's a video where a reporter talks with the University of Delaware Figure Skating Club, which is pretty well-known and currently the National Collegiate champs.

I like this video because it reminds me of the cheesy promotional stuff that Daisy mentioned as being a big part of figure skating, with the girls cultivating this image as helpful, sweet girls with a squeaky-clean image. And I like at the end where they discuss how they put together their routines, as well as where the girls cheerfully tell them how many hours they put into figure skating with nary a frown on their face.

To contrast that, here's a more candid video, from skaters Melissa Bulanhagui and Haley Dunne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU28UUsjG2E

I like that this talks about how they deal with injuries and such, and the general up's and down's that come with this world.

• 9 months later...

Here's a 2003 fluff piece with Evan Lysacek, at the Junior Worlds. I thought Daisy would get a kick out of this.

This is obviously before they taught him to act straight out of a response to Johnny Weir's flamboyant manner. LOL.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..