Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99 +6) Click

Click is up. And, per our use of Australian Maths for the title numbering, we're at chapter AUD72 Posted Image

I'm pleased to announce that the chapter after this one, the Christmas (in the story) chapter, will, thanks to special efforts by my team, be posted in time for Christmas, which is Sunday and thus a bit early. Posted Image

As for the current chapter, Click, I think it's a fun one in many ways. :)

As for the current chapter, Click, I think it's a fun one in many ways. Posted Image

An excellent chapter - I loved all the family interactions. I have no idea how I'd react if I were ever placed in Trev's situation vis a vis his mum and dad, but I think he's handling it all remarkably well.

And, re your current campaign to avoid the King of Cliffhangers award, I make no accusations or insinuations, but you're not doing yourself any favours with this last line:

Lisa’s face froze, the color draining from her cheeks. Her fingers loosened their grip on her beer, which slipped silently from her hand, falling to land with a thud on the deck, its contents erupting and splashing her, which she didn’t even feel.

I'm just saying...

LF

Sort of good shocks for Trevor Posted Image but a bad one for Lisa.Posted Image Got to say that it was sort of expected though. Maybe all of Brigits chickens are finally starting to come home to roost. Hoping that the navy is on the ball and checking out the signal being emitted from Kookaburra or at least reporting it to Kalbarri cops Posted Image Great chapter CJ Posted Image

CJ: I like it. Lots of teenage banter. The extended family sounds very real too.

The parties are finally all talking to each other. And Bridget's mistakes of knowing more than she had any way to learn are coming to light. Now if only Rachael will be honest about her real dealings with Bridget, all the pennies will drop....ping.....ping....ping....thunk!

Thanks for the double feature and the early publishing schedule for the next installment.

Lisa has an "ah ha!" moment and then the king of cliffies leaves us hanging until Christmas, like we don't have a million things to do that day already?

The author is the most insensitive, hard headed, confounding, two-horned, scribe in the GA universe. And that was the least objectionable thing I could say.

• Site Administrator

Not one, but two cliffhangers in that chapter :o

First, I too have to thank you for the longer than usual and very very good chapter. All the interactions with the family have been not only informative, but interesting as well. I wonder how long the truce between Ned and Shane will last. They were able to chuckle together about the kangaroo farm, so that might be a first good sign.

Another thing I noticed was that we have have Trevor who was clueless and stupid by Lisa's words, that his Dad was homophobic. His Dad will be accused by Jim of being stupid and clueless about his idea that Trevor would be homophobic. So it would be a fair guess that the family has a trait of being clueless and stupid to how people think about them. Oh wait, Rachel is part of the family :) I will laugh my arse off when her parents reveal that they know about her and Martin, and don't really give a rat's ass that Lisa and Joel are sleeping together as well as Trevor and Shane. Just a guess, but would be hilarious.

So, the two cliffhangers. I won't go into huge details as they are both glaring for everyone to see.

Mr. B is landing and what is he going to do? He followed the group and is now in the neighbourhood. The second has already been mentioned, so that ending paragraph has me wondering what has overcome Lisa. Has she figured out that her mouth has been what has been informing Bridget all along? Has she fainted? Has she fallen and hit her head and will be in a coma for months to come.

Yes my friends, just two more examples of why C James should be bestowed once again the title of:

:king: :king: King of Evil Cliffhangers :king: :king:

Posted Image .....Damn goat you had me researching back a lot! First of all it is nice to know that Mr. B is leaving x-mas gifts for Trevor and freinds aboard the Kookaburra. The other thing is;

"Lisa tore into Trevor’s present, slowing down halfway through opening it. “Oh Trev... it’s gorgeous...” she said, carefully unwrapping the bronze torsion-pendulum nautical clock and its glass dome". ( Chapter 10 about 1/3rd down)

But for the life of me I could not nail the 'October' reference Lisa made............ So I am a bit lost in her revelation?

Great chapter CJ! Looking forward to see what Santa left behind! Posted Image

Edited by Benji

An excellent chapter - I loved all the family interactions. I have no idea how I'd react if I were ever placed in Trev's situation vis a vis his mum and dad, but I think he's handling it all remarkably well.

And, re your current campaign to avoid the King of Cliffhangers award, I make no accusations or insinuations, but you're not doing yourself any favours with this last line:

Lisa’s face froze, the color draining from her cheeks. Her fingers loosened their grip on her beer, which slipped silently from her hand, falling to land with a thud on the deck, its contents erupting and splashing her, which she didn’t even feel.

I'm just saying...

LF

Trevor sure has had some surprises. :)

But, that final line... it's just a realization of something, and that something, well, it's something that needs realizing, and I think most everyone would agree it;s a good thing. So, it can't possibly be even close to a cliffy. :)

Sort of good shocks for Trevor Posted Image but a bad one for Lisa.Posted Image Got to say that it was sort of expected though. Maybe all of Brigits chickens are finally starting to come home to roost. Hoping that the navy is on the ball and checking out the signal being emitted from Kookaburra or at least reporting it to Kalbarri cops Great chapter CJ

Thanks! And yeah, Lisa just came face to face with the truth, and it hurt. A lot. :(

CJ: I like it. Lots of teenage banter. The extended family sounds very real too.

The parties are finally all talking to each other. And Bridget's mistakes of knowing more than she had any way to learn are coming to light. Now if only Rachael will be honest about her real dealings with Bridget, all the pennies will drop....ping.....ping....ping....thunk!

Thanks for the double feature and the early publishing schedule for the next installment.

I very nearly had "the penny drops" as the chapter title, but I don't think it's a widely understood term in the US (Is it? I'd love to here opinions from anyone on this) so I went with "click".

So, our intrepid foursome are at last comparing notes, and are looking the right way. I wonder... will it be in time?

I'm going to post the next chapter late of Christmas Eve, Arizona time, internet connections permitting. :) That way, it'll still be Christmas in Australia. :)

Lisa has an "ah ha!" moment and then the king of cliffies leaves us hanging until Christmas, like we don't have a million things to do that day already?

The author is the most insensitive, hard headed, confounding, two-horned, scribe in the GA universe. And that was the least objectionable thing I could say.

But but but... It's not a cliffy!!! I think we all know just what Lisa realized... and that's a good thing, right?

And, I'll post late Christmas Eve instead. :P

Not one, but two cliffhangers in that chapter Posted Image

First, I too have to thank you for the longer than usual and very very good chapter. All the interactions with the family have been not only informative, but interesting as well. I wonder how long the truce between Ned and Shane will last. They were able to chuckle together about the kangaroo farm, so that might be a first good sign.

Another thing I noticed was that we have have Trevor who was clueless and stupid by Lisa's words, that his Dad was homophobic. His Dad will be accused by Jim of being stupid and clueless about his idea that Trevor would be homophobic. So it would be a fair guess that the family has a trait of being clueless and stupid to how people think about them. Oh wait, Rachel is part of the family Posted Image I will laugh my arse off when her parents reveal that they know about her and Martin, and don't really give a rat's ass that Lisa and Joel are sleeping together as well as Trevor and Shane. Just a guess, but would be hilarious.

So, the two cliffhangers. I won't go into huge details as they are both glaring for everyone to see.

Mr. B is landing and what is he going to do? He followed the group and is now in the neighbourhood. The second has already been mentioned, so that ending paragraph has me wondering what has overcome Lisa. Has she figured out that her mouth has been what has been informing Bridget all along? Has she fainted? Has she fallen and hit her head and will be in a coma for months to come.

Yes my friends, just two more examples of why C James should be bestowed once again the title of:

Posted Image King of Evil Cliffhangers Posted Image

Wildone!!!!!!

There aren't any cliffhangers.

The interactions were difficult to write, it's tricky to do scenes with a large group. But it was fun, and probably easier to do during the run up to Christmas than it would have been in, say, July. :)

And Trevor sure did get a surprise. I've been looking forward to that scene ever since he first told Lisa, long ago, "I'm not stupid, Lisa" when she speculated that Jim and Dirk might be a couple. Trevor can be a touch oblivious at times. :)

As for the cliffy accusations, shame on you!!!

What overcame Lisa? Look at what was being talked about just beofre it. :P

Basingstoke landing... We have no idea what he's up to, it might not be anythign bad. Maybe he just wants a nice place to spend the holidays?

Posted Image .....Damn goat you had me researching back a lot! First of all it is nice to know that Mr. B is leaving x-mas gifts for Trevor and freinds aboard the Kookaburra. The other thing is;

"Lisa tore into Trevor’s present, slowing down halfway through opening it. “Oh Trev... it’s gorgeous...” she said, carefully unwrapping the bronze torsion-pendulum nautical clock and its glass dome". ( Chapter 10 about 1/3rd down)

But for the life of me I could not nail the 'October' reference Lisa made............ So I am a bit lost in her revelation?

Great chapter CJ! Looking forward to see what Santa left behind! Posted Image

The clock is that one, also called a mariner's clock. It was in the final paragraph of chapter 48, The HAnd of Fate: (the one where Trevor had the uninvited guests, and ended up feeling kinda down and under pressure).

In Florida, it was late on a Saturday morning. Lisa, already running a little late for Joel’s swim meet, looked at the mariner’s clock Trevor had given her for her birthday as it began to chime. Lisa watched the clock’s spinning mechanism and smiled, for just a moment, before feeling a sudden bitter chill in spite of the sweltering day.

She's remembering that bitter chill, and how they'd figured out that the pirates had hit the day they got engaged (lisa was on her way to get engaged, though she didn't know it, when she looked at the clock Trevor ha given her, and felt an icy chill).

CJ :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..