Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Hey, Jeremy Lin.....

John Hobart would have been 13 in 2001 until he turns 14 in July, so yes. Mark was vague about exactly how old John is until Poor Man's Son, because he had lee-way with John's age. JJ, Marie, Will, and Courtney were all born "on page", so to speak, so those ages were iron-clad, but John was born between Man In Motion and A Summer Love so there was lee-way.

Remember when there used to be multi-year time jumps in CAP, and there could be 5-year old kids showing up that had been born to the characters in the off-time? I miss that.

Edited to add: Checked; according to Wiki, there's about a 13-month age different between Jeremy Lin and John Hobart, who we have as having a July 1987 birthday. Jeremy Lin should be the class of 2006, I believe.

Edited by methodwriter85

You know, it would have been cool if John and Jeremy Lin had gone to high school together, but of course you insisted that these kids are going to be sent to private school...

Posted Image

I'm just giving you shit. Where I live, it's rare anyone actually goes to a public school actually located in their school district. You either go private, choice into a better school, go to a charter, or a magnet. The high school application process was like a mini-version of the college. Getting my acceptance letter into my magnet school was one of the best experiences of my life.

Did we ever specify where Jack and Claire live? I wonder if they're actually in the Gunn High School district, or if they live in the Palo Alto. Not that it matters. Mark's sending Marie and John to Menlo.(Not sure about where Ella's going to school.Would it be easy for someone to transfer into Menlo as a senior? I checked HW, and they don't seem that enthused by taking in people past the 10th grade. I'm sure it varies.)

Edited by methodwriter85

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..