Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+18) Mobsters

Mobsters is up. :)

I will do my best to keep us on a weekly schedule from here until the end, which won't be too much longer.

BTW, on a writing note, there's a a bit in this chapter that we've seen before; it's the indented bit. It's short, less than a page, and hasn't been seen in a long time, but repeating goes against the grain with me. I don't like repeats, but summarizing it just didn't work as well, so I went with it as is.

CJ :)

• Like 1

Mobsters - smelled that piece of repeat work based on the title. LOL

Here's to the special Mountain Goat brew and the appearance of Gray with a strangely familiar first name. Clearly our author having his way with us...

My first clue to Lisa's danger was that she is in Newark - forget Rob with his ties to Bridget - get out of there girl!

CJ: These chapters are like watching a chess board where all the pieces are the same color: gray. You see movement. You know there are opponents but much of the action doesn't make senses. All you know that the positioning is purposeful and intended to obliterate the opponents - whoever they are.

For over a year, Tuesday mornings have been the start of my week by reading the latest chapter. It has been a great adventure. As much as I want to know how it all turns out, I half want it to end soon and half want it to go on forever. I guess those are qualities of a great story. Well done.

Mobsters - smelled that piece of repeat work based on the title. LOL

Here's to the special Mountain Goat brew and the appearance of Gray with a strangely familiar first name. Clearly our author having his way with us...

My first clue to Lisa's danger was that she is in Newark - forget Rob with his ties to Bridget - get out of there girl!

Newark isn't the nicest of places. :)

BTW, in case anyone thinks I'm making stuff up, Mountain Goat brewery is real, as is their Surefoot Stout. I have no idea how it tastes though... you'd have to ask Graeme, if he isn't busy off, um, enforcing something. :)

CJ: These chapters are like watching a chess board where all the pieces are the same color: gray. You see movement. You know there are opponents but much of the action doesn't make senses. All you know that the positioning is purposeful and intended to obliterate the opponents - whoever they are.

For over a year, Tuesday mornings have been the start of my week by reading the latest chapter. It has been a great adventure. As much as I want to know how it all turns out, I half want it to end soon and half want it to go on forever. I guess those are qualities of a great story. Well done.

Hrmmm... Interesting analogy! I wonder if me being an avid chess player has anything to do with my plot construction? I'd never considered a connection before, but that's an interesting thought!

Thanks!!

CJ :)

ok which character is the horsey that does the L thing?

is dirk and jim the castling that does the clink together ... a very gay manuveur!!

Are bishops diagonally moving like X .. does that mark the spot??

is Bridget the black Queen? and George the White Queen ?

Which pieces are our hero?

Are the people who died the pawns?

What does it really mean when the king get's knock up and over during his check mate!!

Hrmmm... Interesting analogy! I wonder if me being an avid chess player has anything to do with my plot construction? I'd never considered a connection before, but that's an interesting thought!

Thanks!!

CJ Posted Image

This is the best adventure, suspense, detective and marine novel I've EVER read or seen. And for my whole life I read many and more, both classic, modern, professional and amateur. WinStuart, I completely agree with you. When I read any book, there is a movie going in my head, so part of me wishes to make it a TV series, but even with all Hollywood plus Bollywood plus Nollywood budgets making it REAL is hardly affordable, especially if it's done it in a classic way, with on-location shooting everywhere except for interior and rage sea episodes and as few CG/3D involved as possible. Also that can make a great 156-episode anime series (fillers excluded, all tension preserved), though I don't see any studio another than Madhouse to handle such task.

P.S. read my name as Dyor, I made a typo when registered here.

Edited by Dyot
  • Like 1

Dyor: Oops. Registration issues like misspelling your identity are a major pain. And I mistype all the time.

I do agree that this is one of the best stories I've ever read. I've read all the major and many of the minor maritime survival stories. I've never read an account as gripping as Trevor's near drowning by the pirates; surviving for many days on an a stripped boat; and navigating with the merest navigating tools. And that was just part of the story!

WinStuart

Chess players are always studying gambits and conventional and unconventional moves trying to play the game at least six moves ahead. Unlike CJ's stories, there is never a CLIFFHANGER, but there are traps, false moves, and strict adherence to the rules. CJ has laid some traps and made some false moves but has never strictly adhered to his own rules or else the story would be finished already! Of course that's what happens in a character driven story. (The characters sometimes take over!)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..