Star Wars: The Old Republic

• Site Administrator

Is anyone still playing Star Wars: The Old Republic?

I just resubscribed and will start playing again soon.

If enough people are around, we should form our own guild. lol

• 2 weeks later...

SWTOR was enjoyable, for a while but that was mainly due to great guildies. The bugs where annoying, the end game pve content was shallow and I had a love/hate relationship with the PvP.

My main problem was the PvP though. World pvp was a complete failure due to their horrible engine that turned big fights into slideshows, HUGE population imbalances and glitches.

The amount of CC in swtor is alo something that pissed me off royally, a competent team could keep you out of action for-freaking-ever! Add to that the weird concept of making healing incredibly frustrating and monotomous....

I love Bioware, bug GOOOOOOOD they dropped the ball on swtor, it's a waste of space on any serious MMOers HD in my opinion and I regret ever picking it up.

Would be a cool singleplayer game though, the lvling was quite fun!

Honestly it's the best MMO I've ever played BECAUSE it focused more on the single player type stuff. Especially story. God, I've been DYING for an MMO that had a real story instead of "Hello player, I'm a farmer. There are rats that respawn in my field every ten minutes, can you please kill them so I can give you 50 copper and direct you to someone who has giant BATS for you to slay?" I hate PVP and I don't give a crap about end game raids and stuff like that, so for me it was great.

hehe yeah, there's no denying that! But im not paying a monthly fee to play a singleplayer game! Besides after lvling my commando, making about 50 million creds, getting to "conqueror" and finishing whatever PvE content there was..I didnt see the point in lvling another character..especially since the pvp was so annoying (was fun being unkillable with a good tank for a while though..before 1.2)

Combat Medic ftw! ;)

Haha, Marauder for me. I can't do support characters in ANY kind of MP. Except Battlefield. I'm great as a medic in BC2 for some reason. But in Old Republic I'm still on my Marauder. When I finish him up I'm gonna wait for my boyfriend to get a computer than can run games made after 2009 and we'll do a Republic side game with him as a Jedi and me as a Smuggler. He was very specific about me being a smuggler for some reason, lol.

• Site Administrator

I like the game for the single player... but I spend a lot of time making things for the Galactic Trade Network. lol

I like the game for the single player... but I spend a lot of time making things for the Galactic Trade Network. lol

Thats what I did between warzones. After making 50 million credits and watching the market shrink to a tiny little trickle....no point in it really. When 1.2 came out I logged on and unlocked everything, played a couple of WZ's and cancelled my account :P

• 11 months later...

Marauder...scum! Ravage for 10k + dmg in 3 seconds, my bigest heal crit for for like 5k and takes 2.5 sec to cast.

God how I hate marauders! tongue.png

Hey, but Ravage has a 27 seconds cooldown, so if you interrupt it with the knockback he has hell of a long time to wait before he can use it again!

(Just leave dots on him, heal and cleanse yourself :P)

I know I brought this back from the dead, but still interested if anyone here still plays :P.

Edited by Circle

Did anyone know this?

Star Wars 1313 CANCELLED?!

Disney announced LucasArts was affected by layoffs of around 150 employees.

Inside sources via Kotaku say Star Wars 1313 and Star Wars: First Assault have been cancelled
k-bigpic.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Its a shame what happened to the game to me it just felt like KOTOR3 with some MMO elements thrown in and a lot of the UI copied off WOW, pity cause I love the universe and wanted it to really succeed instead of a MMO they should of just made a KOTOR3 with multiplayer options.

EA made KTOR through Bioware so I don't see how this help matters any.  Shutting down Lucas Arts was probably a good financial decision with hit and miss game like the MMO Disney wouldn't want to carry all the risk.  They'll still make a profit via the royalties but that won't have to spend the 10s of millions it costs to make AAA games these days