Emotional

VictoryPanda

Maybe this might make me sound GAY but I'll ask anyway. :P

Have you ever gotten emotional from a video game? Angry, sad... whatever.

just finished watching the Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep game and only saw Ven's storyline. Mind you, I should've seen it coming playing the other games but I was lost on the entire concept. I'm spoiling HERE: I felt extremely crushed watching the ending. Ven is this super nice, adorable and friendly kid that cares about everyone more than himself, and in the end he has to sacrifice his own life to save them. It's really heartbreaking to watch and realize that he's been lied to, pushed back and cheated from just enjoying himself. I felt so bad. :(

Then there's Persona 3 which I actually cried on. I think I just get sad.

Oh, emotional video game?

I have a LOT back when I was still a kid.

Sadly though, I haven't been able to play/watch any of my games again for quite some time now so I kinda forget what is the title that makes me cry.

Ummm, I think FF XII part II (Yuna version) made me cry. That's about the only one I could remember. Sorry :P

All the time. Half the memories in Lost Odyssey had me crying like a girl and I can't watch the ending of MGS3 without tearing up. Actually I think all the console MGS games except two made me tear up at some point. Persona 3 didn't make me cry though, it just really pissed me off >_< I HATE when games do P3 did.

All the time. Half the memories in Lost Odyssey had me crying like a girl and I can't watch the ending of MGS3 without tearing up. Actually I think all the console MGS games except two made me tear up at some point. Persona 3 didn't make me cry though, it just really pissed me off >_< I HATE when games do P3 did.

Oh the ending to MGS3 actually made me angry! I was so upset at the way things turned out for him! It was so sad I couldnt even be sad, I just got upset. :P

• Site Administrator

I was going to say Mass Effect 3...

All of the Final Fantasy games VII - XII. I love stories and I purposefully try and get attached to them. But FFXIII really disappointed me, to the point where I haven't yet bought FFXIII-2.

I'm trying to think of other games....I've only played the first KH game, but that one. From DMC 2, the scene between Lucia and Mater or whatever she's called was touching. I'm also very attached to Dante of course, but that's for....other reasons. Tales of Eternia and FF War of the Lions on the PSP also left their marks.

Also, this is emotional in the happy way, but most recently I'm completely in love with both Alistair and Morrigan from Dragon Age. It's the bisexual nightmare that I never hope to have happen to me in real life Posted Image

All of the Final Fantasy games VII - XII. I love stories and I purposefully try and get attached to them. But FFXIII really disappointed me, to the point where I haven't yet bought FFXIII-2.

I liked FFV - FFX-2 but I don't really think any of them were sad. Well, maybe X/2. I didn't like FFXIII at all. It made me just quit FF games all together so I'm pretty much done with the series.

I liked FFV - FFX-2 but I don't really think any of them were sad. Well, maybe X/2. I didn't like FFXIII at all. It made me just quit FF games all together so I'm pretty much done with the series.

Oh I didn't mean sad exactly, just that they were touching, emotionally. I really wish they would go back to that quality of storytelling :(

I'll probably play XIII-2 at some point....but I know I'll hate it....

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Posted Image

On ME3:

I thought the ending for ME3 was kinda ...eh. Disappointing to say the least.

Edited by thephoenix
  • Like 1

Geez, I can't think of the name now, but one of the first playstation (original!) games I bought involved the characters turning into dragon warriors. The main character was the red dragon, his love interest was the white dragon, and others come along for the other colors. Red was fire, blue was water, white was healing, you get the picture. My fav char was a soldier and he was the green leaf/poison dragon. He was murdered at the end of the first CD and I was devastated. I didn't play the game again for months. :P

Eventually, I got to know the other characters and the storyline was pretty great. By today's standards, of course, the graphics are awful. I'd love to see an updated version.

I've been playing games for a while. I'm usually a sensitive and empathetic guy but I don't follow story lines in games like most people do. I play games to beat it rather then get caught in a story. I've never played any non-mmo RPG games like Final Fantasy so I might be emotional if i did play it since it's like an interactive RPG manga though I wouldn't be too sure.

I did cry on that stupid clay-mation movie about Christmas and misfits though. lol

• 5 months later...

The only games I've ever gotten emotional on were <i> Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, The Mass Effect Series, The Dragon Age Series, and believe it or not, Skyrim.

Besides those games I don't get emotional.

In DA2, not being able to save the mother was a pretty pathetic moment the first time.. I remember rushing through there slaughtering everything and almost dying, just to have her already dead. Then the ending when, no matter what side you took, the Chantry was still blown to hell. Other than that though the game kind of lacked a lot... and overall that sucked since the original was so good.

The end of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare got to me a bit too.

I'll shut up now... lol, because I'm afraid of sounding a bit butch having played all these games. :P