darn amino acids!

OK folks, it seems that the tryptophan from all of the turkey that we've eaten has permanently seeped into our brains! So here's a nice new topic for everyone.

What is your favorite musical?

I may seem like a broken record because all I can talk about recently is Rent, but that is mine. It made me cry a LOT. I still cry when I hear "Without you" and remember the scne in the movie when she is dying of AIDS and there's no one there. OK, now I'm crying again. Stupid sad songs.

Anyways, I would make this a poll, but I'm too technologically retarded. Trust me, no matter how fool-proof it is, I can find a way to mess it up. So just post the one that you like. And stay away from the turkey.

I know that this may be heresy for a gay man to say but I hate musicals. Not sure why but they make me want to bolt. Don't get me wrong- I'm all about drama but that song and dance crap just gets in the way.

Perhaps I'm biased having suffered through musicals featuring sappy-sweet Doris Day, doofy Elvis and who would fail to be nauseated by Okla-homo. Just the thought give me dry-heaves. :blink:

The Who did several projects that weren't too bad: Tommy and Quadrophenia. They weren't bad, did not require loads of drugs to enjoy and were graced with a young, hot Daltry. :wub:

Heavy Metal couldn't possibly be confused with a musical but the music is a lot better.

Whoa, there. Don't like musicals? What else don't you like? Judy Garland? Parties w/themes? Legolas? Hair products? This is a very serious infraction and may even cause Michael to take back your toasters....

As a therapeutic exercise, you need to:

1.) Drive to the nearet mall to do some serious shopping (watching QVC does NOT count, unless you buy...);

2.) Listen to Madonna's Evita soundtrack (which, as a bonus, includes Antonio Banderas singing, too!);

3.) Sign up for whatever unsolicited credit card app you receive next in the mail, in order to support your shopping habit; and (in Dom's case...)

4.) Post TWO (2) chapters to DD by next Wednesday, not just One (1)!

hummmmmm

not sure if its my "Favorite" musicale, but The Sound Of Music has always had a special place in my heart, It was my Grandmothers favorite, an her an i were close, she lived with us from the time i was born, till she passed away when i was 12 of a brain tumor.

I was going to chime in that I'm another anti-musical gay guy, but I do have a special place in my heart for the 'The Sound of Music'. As Huslu asked, does it count?

I watch that anytime it comes on TV. From the first time I saw it, I had a crush on the oldest son - you know the one who grew up and became spider man.

Vic

...'The Sound of Music'.....I had a crush on the oldest son - you know the one who grew up and became spider man.

Yeah, Nicholas Hammond! I had the hots for him too.

As Friedrich, wearing the H-shaped suspenders: 352.jpg

As Peter Parker: parker-rca-0406.jpg

Now: SOM_NicholasNow_02.jpg

I'm not a fan of musicals either. Not enough aliens or monsters or kung-fu, lol. Although when they aired the musical episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer "Once more, with feeling", I didn't like that either, hehe.

Hmm...I listened to the soundtrack to Les Miserables once, and thought it was kind of cool, but that's about the extent of my experience with musicals. Well, other than being forced to sit through a few middle/high school productions, which didn't really catch my interest. Though to be fair, I spent most of those shows playing cards in the back of the room with the other "uncultured louts"...which I still contend was perfectly appropriate for a showing of "Guys and Dolls".

Without a doubt, Godspell is my favourite. I saw it 11 times - mid-seventies, I think. Next in line would be Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables. A good gay-boi musical would be Joseph and his Amazing Technicolor Raincoat - Joe's practically naked for the whole show.

Mind you, even being a TS Eliot fan, I hated Cats.

Conner :boy:

Mamma Mia is a great musical! :2thumbs:

I was fortunate enough to catch it in Toronto last year. A whole lotta fun, not your average musical. The audience participation on every ABBA song was phenomenal. Young, old, male, female- everyone in the audience knew the words to the songs and sang along. It was almost like being at a concert, the crowd was that electrified. B)

Mamma Mia