Episcopal Church Make Monumental Decision

Bill W

Thats not really a big surprise. The Episcopal Church has always been much more forward thinking then the Lutheran or Catholic churches have been. It only seemed natural that after allowing gay priests and electing a gay bishop that they would do this.

On a side note, I actually got to meet Gene Robinson (the first openly gay elected bishop from New Hampshire) and hear him speak. He's a real nice guy.

• Like 1

I just thought I'd pass this article along to those who are interested. Is this the first of a series of changes?

http://www.huffingto...html?ref=topbar

Its not really a change at all. It is formal recognition of what has been going on for a long time. My lesbian great aunt and her partner of 37 years are both deacons in the Episcopal Church and Sarah is a lay minister.

And this is how you do this, let the churches decide instead of trying to force them through legislation. Good or them for doing this though b^_^ If I ever decide to give religion another try I'll definitely start there.

It might not be a big change to attitudes within the Episcopelian church or a surprise, but in my opinion is a massive step forward to formally approve a liturgy, and by such a large majority.

I agree with Cyhort that you can't force churches to do something, they're not a democratic institution. On the other hand, you could push legislation though to ban taxpayer money from going to the support of institutions that do not offer all citizens equal rights. Where I live, part of my taxes go to the Greek Orthodox church, an institution that not only does not recognize LGBT rights, but has influenced the country not to even pass same-sex civil union legislation, and I have absolutely no say in the matter. So when I see news like this, it gives me hope.

This decision may not come as a surprise, but the Episcopal Church the first denomination to acknowledge same-sex relationships, compared to the Presbyterian Church's recent failure do something similar. .

Odin never asks for anything I can't deliver.

One wonders why this carpenter god made it to the big time.

Oh that's right. They murdered their rivals.

Odin never asks for anything I can't deliver.

One wonders why this carpenter god made it to the big time.

Oh that's right. They murdered their rivals.

Including Lord Odin...