Dallas is back next week in the UK! I loved the original show - perfect trash TV Posted Image I know you guys in the US saw the new series a few weeks ago - how was it for you? Posted Image

I can't wait to see Jesse Metcalfe losing his shirt again Posted Image Here he is *gulp* all chained up ...

Posted Image

Edited by Zombie

I'll pass, I am waiting for them to redo "Dynasty", if you want trashy 1980's TV drama with good cat fights, I'd rather see that :D (Alexis is my favorite TV power woman from that time period, when sitcoms dominated the TV landscape, she broke out and made bad scheming cutthroat bitch awesome for 90's and 00's television.)

I thought the UK has a version of TV land for old soap operas, too. I can spoil you with the answer to, "who shot JR Ewing?" hehe!

• Like 1

I remember watching the original run of Dallas. We are currently being treated to the original series of Dallas at the moment.

Though , please God let there not be some stupid Pam Ewing dream series rubbish this time around.

JR was shot by

Kristin Shepard

My silly mother thought it was

Miss Ellie Posted Image

I'll pass, I am waiting for them to redo "Dynasty", if you want trashy 1980's TV drama with good cat fights, I'd rather see that Posted Image (Alexis is my favorite TV power woman from that time period, when sitcoms dominated the TV landscape, she broke out and made bad scheming cutthroat bitch awesome for 90's and 00's television.)

I thought the UK has a version of TV land for old soap operas, too. I can spoil you with the answer to, "who shot JR Ewing?" hehe!

I'm with you on Dynasty, W_L. It came to Greece, as well, and people were obsessed. I used to come home for vacations, and my family would sit me down and interrogate me about developments (they were a couple of seasons behind) and argue with me--and each other--because they didn't believe me. It went something like this:

Me: "So, Blake apparently has this brother--"

Mom: "Sister! Dominique! She's back?"

Me: "No, this is his brother, who's estranged--"

Great-aunt: "Another illegitimate child?? Don't rich Americans have any morals??"

Me: "No, this is a legitimate child, he and Blake have quarelled, and Alexis--"

Uncle: "Older or younger than Blake?"

Aunt: "Probably younger. They probably quarelled about the inheritance, because Blake's father left it all to him."

Mom: "I thought Blake Carrington built Denver-Carrington himself. Didn't he?"

Me: "Uhm, I think so. Anyway, Alexis finds Blake's brother--"

Great-aunt, muttering darkly: "Nothing good can come of this. That evil woman will do anything for money and to hurt Krystle."

Once everybody had managed to make their peace with what was in store for the Carringtons, we could move on to more mundane subjects involving our own family. :D

• Like 2

<lowers head and shakes it in despondent disbelief>

<can't understand why got Zombie so wrong>

<wonders what it takes to make Louis Harris and Zombie to lose their taste and dignity>

<wonders why W_L has to pick this to veg out to when he's not in lucid and free-thining mode>

On the other hand

<has seen the trailers and thinks some of those dudes are shaaaaagalicious, baby>

<makes appointment at doctors>

<asks for out of hours appointment to preserve anonymity>

<begins farewell note to world for abject failure to be right on>

<rollseyes>

<respells>

:rolleyes:

:P

Edited by NotNoNever
  • Like 1

It went something like this:

Great-aunt: "Another illegitimate child?? Don't rich Americans have any morals??"

Aunt: "Probably younger. They probably quarelled about the inheritance, because Blake's father left it all to him."

Great-aunt, muttering darkly: "Nothing good can come of this. That evil woman will do anything for money and to hurt Krystle."

Podga, this is sheer quality - you should be writing your own TV family sitcom Posted Image

Edit to add

On second thoughts you probably are ;)

Edited by Zombie
  • Like 1

Oh please don't bring back another Dynasty. Heck the competition between the two used to confuse the hell out of me back in the day, I don't wanna have to go through that all over again! Jeeeeeeesh.

It's a bit like the British soaps. They all do the same thing pretty much at the same time. Can never tell which story line is original anymore. :/

Oh please don't bring back another Dynasty. Heck the competition between the two used to confuse the hell out of me back in the day, I don't wanna have to go through that all over again! Jeeeeeeesh.

It's a bit like the British soaps. They all do the same thing pretty much at the same time. Can never tell which story line is original anymore. Posted Image

Just look for two characters and you can tell the difference:

Alexis of Dynasty

Posted Image

Versus Dallas, J.R Ewing:

Posted Image

Plus, I want to know what happened to Steven Carrington and his boyfriend, did it work out? Is he relapsing back to Sammy Jo's evil twin Posted Image (Hey it could happen, if she threatens him with the kid and Sammy Jo had an evil twin)?

If they restart Dallas, please restart Dynasty, I didn't catch the show until I grew up, but it's still fun show on reruns. Just make sure, you don't go to Maldavia again Posted Image

Edited by W_L
  • Like 1

I'm with you on Dynasty, W_L. It came to Greece, as well, and people were obsessed. I used to come home for vacations, and my family would sit me down and interrogate me about developments (they were a couple of seasons behind) and argue with me--and each other--because they didn't believe me. It went something like this:

Once everybody had managed to make their peace with what was in store for the Carringtons, we could move on to more mundane subjects involving our own family. Posted Image

You are so funny Podga, this made my day haha (and I am very grumpy today) I agree with zombie - you should write your own TV family sitcom :D

I don't remember Dynasty. Dallas I remember, the episode where JR got shot the entire family was gonna watch it together, me too (not allowed to watch it otherwise but when JR was to be shot I was allowed ;) )

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to report the first episode of Dallas maintained the Ewing family tradition of scheming, duplicitous, back-stabbing, plotting and downright villainy in an alternative universe of unreality. And that's just JR Posted Image Here's some classic JR quips from the original series:

"I've never seen a woman open her mouth more and say less"

"Monogamy is not exactly second nature to me, so I want full credit for my efforts"

"I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!"

Looking forward to seeing more of Jesse heheh

Posted Image

If that doesn't break the rules on pictures on here ... I wanna break some rules with him!

I might even break my rule on not watching Dallas.

<Has reality check> No, that's never going to happen. It'd be like Hollyoaks on steroids, or more to the point, like haemorrhoids on steroids :P

I still remember watching Dallas and Dynasty. The most fun with them that I had was in 1983 when I did a summer student exchange program to Germany and got to watch "Dallas" and "Der Denver Clan" dubbed into German. It almost made up for them putting corn niblets on the pizza!! :)