Yay Football!

Krista

Sorry Bill, but I see them as playoff chokers. :P Them and Houston, for that matter. :gikkle:

Well MJ, I respectfully disagree on Houston in the playoffs, I believe that they can go deep in the playoffs with healthy players compared to last year where they resorted to using the third-year quarterback which surprised us all in the playoffs.

As you see, I'm a Packers fan, yes Aaron is cute :P but I'm more realistic in football, just I'm not angry and calls for McCarthy to be fired every time we lose a game :P

You're talking about a team that have lost two of their last three, had no business winning that Thanksgiving game against Detroit, and needed overtime to once beat one of this year's lowest of the low in the form of Jacksonville.

Pardon me if I'm not firmly convinced. :P

This NFL season has been crazy in the since that there has been no truly dominate team, week in and week out any team can fall to another. Like the texans against the lions or even the jags. The Pats had a tough time against the jags this year, the falcons loss to the saints, and even my ravens loss to the eagles.

With that said the nfc is pretty much locked up, and i think all the teams in the nfc need to be very wary of RGIII the man has the Redskins rolling on all cylinders, and russell wilson is doing the same with the seahawks right now. And to be honest, i dont see matt ryan leading the falcons too far into the playoffs, they might win a playoff game but if the seattle has to come to them or san fran for that matter i think its over for them right there.

And with the afc, i maybe biased but my Ravens eventhough we've been up and down this year i think were getting hot at the right time. With that being said, the team i'd keep my eye out on would be the Broncos Peyton Manning with a stout defense is very scary especially in january.

With that said the nfc is pretty much locked up, and i think all the teams in the nfc need to be very wary of RGIII the man has the Redskins rolling on all cylinders, and russell wilson is doing the same with the seahawks right now. And to be honest, i dont see matt ryan leading the falcons too far into the playoffs, they might win a playoff game but if the seattle has to come to them or san fran for that matter i think its over for them right there.

"Locked up"...not the way I'd look at it with one week to go, and as many as three, four teams still fighting for one last playoff spot there. :P

I have more to say, but...at this point, here's the way I'd look at the full playoff picture:

AFC

• Houston: As I said already, I see them as playoff chokers, for the reasons I stated above.
  • Denver: This is the team I like for going to the Super Bowl on this side. Yeah, they lost to Houston and New England, but I don't see them meeting Houston in the playoffs, and they were in New England for that loss. A re-match could be on their own turf - and that's a game that I think they could win.
  • New England: I am not betting on these guys this year, not after last year. :P
  • Baltimore: Sorry Adam, but like the Packers, it seems like these guys are a bit weaker than they were last year.
  • Indianapolis: With a guy that likes to get picked off as much as Andrew Luck does...no. :P
  • Cincinatti: Ummmmmmmmmmmmm... :gikkle: No. :P

NFC

• Atlanta: A bit stronger than Houston, but they haven't quite convinced me that they're the team that's going to go all the way, or one step away from that.
  • Green Bay: See my earlier post above.
  • San Francisco: Well, let's see. They just lost to Seattle, hard, and this is also the same team that failed to beat St. Louis this year - twice.
  • Washington: This is where I would agree with you Adam...this is the team I like as this year's "dark horse" team. I say "dark horse" in light of their 9-6 record going into the final game, and their still having to fight for the Divisional playoff spot in that game. That said, they are on a roll as of late, having won their last six. :)
  • Seattle: They're stronger than they usually are...but I don't think they're strong enough.
  • Minnesota/Chicago/NY Giants/whomever this spot goes to: I'm thinking this will either be Minnesota or the Giants, with a slight edge to Minnesota. But the Vikings I don't see as strong enough to get past the first playoff game, and the Giants are not the team they were last year. :P

I wouldn't be a betting man for this, but it's Denver and Washington that I like for the Super Bowl for now.

Well...the #1 AFC seed was Houston's to lose - and they proceeded to do just that, along with losing a first-round bye altogether! Let the collapse continue. :gikkle:

Having said that, I still see them blowing Cincy away in the first round. :P

And the Packers go down to Minnesota as well, which lets the Vikings in at the last spot. That's the good news for them. The bad news: They have to do it all over again next week in order to go any farther. :P

As for Green Bay: Despite losing, the game was 37-34 and hard-fought till the end - i.e. it's not a "Houston"-type loss. But as they're not the team I was predicting to go all the way to the end anyway, this really changes nothing. San Fran may have the second first-round bye now, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same thing they did last year, and that's go down in the NFC final.

Well...so much for the Redskins. :P No idea who's going to win the NFC now...I still think it won't end up being San Fran though, whether or not they beat the Pack next week (though it's a moot point if they fail that). However, that said: It has to go to somebody!

I'm not banking on the Ravens meeting New England again for this year, because they have to go through Denver next week to do so. Sorry, but that's not going to happen. :P

Ahh.. SEC has won the BCS Championship - Again. :D Alabama plowed right through Notre Dame... poor Fighting Irish didn't have a chance from the first quarter on.. :)

Now you guys can get back to your Pro-football talk.. lol. 

AJ McCarron

*drool*

Yesssss.. he seems to like women that have more presence than he does.. lol.. SO.. I might put him in line to be my second husband.