So - I ran out of reading material and actually picked up a physical book today (Oddly Normal by John Schwartz - got it for Christmas from a good friend, and so far, a pretty good read).  A nice relaxing evening got me through the first third or so of the book so just came down to check up on news websites, take my evening pills and check in on GA.

The reason for the topic title?  He's started posting Harry Potter and the Sword of Gryffindor, the BEST HP fanfic story I have ever seen (sorry Myr).  There is a sequel, Harry Potter and the Destiny of Prophecies.  Realize that Dan wrote these starting back in 2005 (ie, after Order of the Phoenix, but before the release of Half-Blood Prince).

So much for spending time with a physical book...

So - I ran out of reading material...................................................................................  He's started posting Harry Potter and the Sword of Gryffindor, the BEST HP fanfic story I have ever seen (sorry Myr).  There is a sequel, Harry Potter and the Destiny of Prophecies.  Realize that Dan wrote these starting back in 2005 (ie, after Order of the Phoenix, but before the release of Half-Blood Prince).

So much for spending time with a physical book...

LOL   I have so much trouble imagining you ran out of reading material in your household.

About 12 feet of our bedroom walls are covered by floor-to-ceiling bookcases that Trebs built by hand.  They are all full, and the books in them have all been read, most of them by both of us.  We've given away dozens more books to Tyler's school over the years for use in their reading programs. 

Yeah, we have books.  (Including all of the Harry Potter series and special editions of all the little special stuff she's put out over the years). 

LOL   I have so much trouble imagining you ran out of reading material in your household.

Ok - I meant that the various online stories that I have been following had no new chapters, and so I dipped into the physical books that I hadn't started yet.

• Like 1

I deliberately left starting this until there were a number of chapters posted, but I've just read the last chapter.

It's a great interpretation of JK's work, and has been a really enjoyable read.  I love many of the original storylines, and some of the unexpected events it's thrown up, including a few unexpected Death Eaters amongst the students.

When are more chapters due to be posted?

I always love re-reading this one, and smile at some of the discrepancies since he wrote it without having seen the last books. So little things like Blaise Zambini being female or Dumbledore having a great grandson. But the complexity and consistency of Dan's storyline is, to me, just so amazing. And some of the concepts that he came with on his own, again without having seen Rowling's last few books.

I'm not sure of the schedule of posting for the second part, Destiny of Prophecies, but I'll check on it. It makes a great year 7 and completion of the tale.

That one of Zabini's gender actually had me thinking for a bit.  I was beginning to wonder if he'd actually read the HP books :lol:

I was trying to think how he'd managed to get that one wrong, and it was only after checking, I realised that there had been no overt mention of his gender by JK until after Order of the Phoenix.

But don't worry, the mix-up over Blaise's gender seems to be quite rife in HP fanfics written prior to the release of Half Blood Prince.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if I'm invading someone's forum(I'm not very literate on this technology thingy) but I've just read DKStories 'The Bully' and I wanted to commend the author for a simple tale... told well. It was a pleasure after having made the error of reading a vicious and nasty piece of writing called 'The Paradox of Friendship', an immensely well written but essentially nauseating story(because of the authors inability to give his main characters, i.e. the good guys, even a semblance of humanity). It should have been titled 'The Paradox of Evil'.

DKStories writing appears to be much tighter with better defined characters, who though they may have human failings, are basically decent people. I will certainly be reading more from this author.

Stephen.