NFL 2013

TetRefine

Dallas continues to lose in December. (Big surprise)

They were blown out by Chicago with a backup QB (McNown). When is the last time Chicago BLEW anybody out?!

The Cowboys are a sad organization.

After changing EVERYTHING else, Jerry Jones needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Ugh, if the Pats keep barely winning against sub-par teams like Cleveland and Houston, we're doomed for the playoffs. 

Dallas continues to lose in December. (Big surprise)

They were blown out by Chicago with a backup QB (McNown). When is the last time Chicago BLEW anybody out?!

The Cowboys are a sad organization.

After changing EVERYTHING else, Jerry Jones needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.

I thought Mississippi was Saints territory? 

I thought Mississippi was Saints territory? 

My brother lives in a Dallas burb.

We grew up watching the Cowboys under Tom Landry. My Dad liked Tom Landry and Bud Grant so we saw a lot of the Cowboys and the Vikings.

After Landry, the Boys won when they had Aikman in his prime and so much talent but since then, they have been the very definition of mediocrity.

The game sorely misses players and coaches that demand more than just talent. It takes talent to get there. It takes character to stay.

landry-stabach_zpsf869d34a.jpg

grant-tarkenton_zps821db987.jpg

Edited by jamessavik

• 3 weeks later...

By one are you kidding me to the Vikings. The hubby thinks the Lions lost so they could get a better draft pick. Maybe it will help. Looks like a new coach is a strong possibility. As a long time Lions fan - this isn't new territory. Bring on the 2014 season. Always hopeful.

By one are you kidding me to the Vikings. The hubby thinks the Lions lost so they could get a better draft pick. Maybe it will help. Looks like a new coach is a strong possibility. As a long time Lions fan - this isn't new territory. Bring on the 2014 season. Always hopeful.

If that's the logic, the my Falcons are in great shape - except they have to replace Tony Gonzales. 

• 2 weeks later...

That was so sweet, Pats played a true ground game last night, I am so glad that they stopped counting on Brady's arm (he's been very inconsistent in recent years)

This may be the year of the Blunt! (pronounced blunt :P I can imagine the jokes now)

• Like 1

For the NFC, I agree with you James. But still overall I think its the Patriots. Except for the Miami game, the way they played at the end of the season and then destroyed the Colts using only what everyone thought was the weakest part of their offense makes them on top for me.

Also, I thought this was really funny.

df5cb0e2b1c9a1825c8647f7dccdcc7471caa0e9

For the NFC, I agree with you James. But still overall I think its the Patriots. Except for the Miami game, the way they played at the end of the season and then destroyed the Colts using only what everyone thought was the weakest part of their offense makes them on top for me.

Also, I thought this was really funny.

df5cb0e2b1c9a1825c8647f7dccdcc7471caa0e9

Haha!

Well how about that AFC Championship game. It was good to see Peyton knock down those Pats down to size. And all this talk about the "welker cheapshot" garbage. Look Talib need to get his life right cause theres no way a 5'7"  and 150 wide receiver should never knock you out the game. 

And the Legion of Boom did there thing, just like I knew they would. Superbowl Sunday is gonna have to be a hella game to match Peyton. But I gotta go with the 'hawks I been rolling with this team for the past couple years. Defense is legit they remind me of the old ravens defense. #LOB

Defense is legit they remind me of the old ravens defense. #LOB

They are so fast in the middle. Their linebackers and safeties are the fastest group I've seen in a while and their corners are absolutely unreal.

They could use some charm school- I don't care for the sort of taunting that we saw at the end of the NFC title game. The playoffs, and especially the title games are the most important games of the year. It's a time to show your class and not your ass.

• Like 1

They could use some charm school- I don't care for the sort of taunting that we saw at the end of the NFC title game. The playoffs, and especially the title games are the most important games of the year. It's a time to show your class and not your ass.

James, you actually expect NFL players to act like civilized human beings?!?! Come on now! /sarcasm

That being said, I'm Seattle all the way. My hatred (but strong respect) of Peyton Manning goes all the way back to his Indy days in the '00s where the New England v. Indianapolis games were the must sees of the year. 

I like both teams but the Sherman interview made me turn the TV off.   I refuse to look at or listen to such spiteful BS.   And he is a Stanford graduate so I can't cut him any slack for being a dumb jock.

While it would be great for Seattle to win a Superbowl, I am going for age over beauty and backing Peyton and the Broncos.  I just hope it is a good game and not just a spectacle.  Hopefully, the weather that weekend will cooperate like it did for the Broncos-Pats game.  

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the Sherman interview! Everybody got they knickers all in a bunch because of it, I thought the rant was funny. Yes, it took away from the game. But lets be honest what do you honestly expect when you made the play to seal the game. And you been trash talkin all day, this your rival team and a chance to stick it to your college coach again. Sherman had alot going on for him in this game, so when the media approached him directly after the game. He was gonna give alot of raw emotion about anything that just happened.

What I didnt like was Crabtree not showing sportsmanship and shaking the mans hand after the game.

Congrats Seahawks for winning Super Bowl 48,

As for Peyton Manning, you've already won as colts and had the curse of the Broncos against you, so don't feel depressed.