Drunken States of America: Best Alkie Facts About Every State

methodwriter85

So College Humor compiled a list of alcohol facts about every state. What did they say about your state?

Delaware: Leads the Nation in liking Applesauce shots.

They're okay- but not huge to me.

Relevant to me:

Pennsylvania: Eagles fans are the Drunkest NFL fans.

New Jersey: Is the only state whose favorite shot is the SoCo Lime shot. (My favorite shot.)

Nebraska:  Almost 50 percent of Nebraskans like Blue Moon more than any other drink. (My favorite beer.)

Now that kind of surprised me, because you would think having a large university like U Michigan be such a strong focal point of the state would have added a lot more drinking to the state.

I was also surprised to learn that Minnesota doesn't have a public intoxication law. I wonder if that means people can legally walk down the street in public and drink in Minnesota? I know here in Delaware, you have to be at some kind of private event or private patio/deck to drink outside, and if you're at a party and step on the sidewalk in front of the house, you could be arrested for public intoxication.

Edited by methodwriter85

Re: Michigan - I have a hard time believing that. Either that or I just live in one of the wetter parts of the state. :P

EDIT: I do. My area puts Ann Arbor to shame as far as that goes. Google "Bay City bars" and you'll probably come up with a few results saying that Bay City is the city with the most bars per capita in the nation. However, I can't find a fact-based source to statistically back that up, and the one source that would seem to debunk it seems to be basing its list mainly on major cities (which Bay City wouldn't quite qualify for).

Edited by MJ85

Re: Michigan - I have a hard time believing that. Either that or I just live in one of the wetter parts of the state. :P

Or just drink every other day or keep it to the weekends? Don't really know, I've been out of the drinking game for a while... But I always did like my weekends.

but generally y'all can't drink until you're old? I find that so weird.

I went to the West Coast US when i was 20, so i'd been drinking legally for two years and for a pretty long time before that as well. the first bar i got refused at, i was totally and completely stunned that i couldn't legally have a Jack Daniels. where is the logic: cars and guns yes, alcohol, no.