Something er... interesting :/

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/nj-diner-leaves-anti-gay-tip-lesbian-waitress-122024953--abc-news-topstories.html?vp=1

personally it sounds to me as an excuse.... not to tip to me...

oh the bill is 90 some dollars, lets not tip the waitress...

oh she's (or looks) gay, that'll make an excellent excuse... after all did they know her, I don't know half the people in my town well enough to make such an insult... if they were openly gay or not...

and there is only like 3,400 people here... -_- and there are over 10 times that many in Bridgewater, New Jersey...

Edited by Celethiel

That was trashy if it was the real reason and well... trashy if they were making excuses to avoid a tip as well.

My sister used to waitress and people were awful with their tips. She tells of one particular group of what she described as five middle age women. They arrived at the beginning of the lunch crowd and held the table socializing for nearly two hours. The entire time they were there she was kept running for more this or more that and could you do this and oh, honey would be a dear and... My sister did not have just their table to wait on, not mention the table should have turned over twice at a minimum during the time. They ran her ragged and at the end, she ended up with a two dollar tip. She was so pissed off that she ran outside and handed the money back to the woman who took the bill and said, "Here, you must need this more than I do."

This happened at one of those family style sit down restaurants so at the time this happened, the check would probably be around a $100. Luckily, the women didn't make a fuss and complain about it.

the worst part of that article is if you had the misfortune to read the trolling comments at the bottom. People spouting anti-gay rhetoric in directions that never happened according to the newsclip makes me incredibly sad that there's still so far to go for acceptance. I find myself clinging to the idea that these commenters are just a minor fringe and not the voice of a majority.

That was trashy if it was the real reason and well... trashy if they were making excuses to avoid a tip as well.

My sister used to waitress and people were awful with their tips. She tells of one particular group of what she described as five middle age women. They arrived at the beginning of the lunch crowd and held the table socializing for nearly two hours. The entire time they were there she was kept running for more this or more that and could you do this and oh, honey would be a dear and... My sister did not have just their table to wait on, not mention the table should have turned over twice at a minimum during the time. They ran her ragged and at the end, she ended up with a two dollar tip. She was so pissed off that she ran outside and handed the money back to the woman who took the bill and said, "Here, you must need this more than I do."

This happened at one of those family style sit down restaurants so at the time this happened, the check would probably be around a $100. Luckily, the women didn't make a fuss and complain about it.

They didn't complain when she gave the tip back?

the worst part of that article is if you had the misfortune to read the trolling comments at the bottom. People spouting anti-gay rhetoric in directions that never happened according to the newsclip makes me incredibly sad that there's still so far to go for acceptance. I find myself clinging to the idea that these commenters are just a minor fringe and not the voice of a majority.

that happens in pretty much every gay associated article written, outside of a gay site, when there are comments allowed

My sister said she turned around and walked back inside afterwards and that was it. Later she worried that something might come of it but apparently no noticed and no said anything. She didn't brag about it at work. She was just pissed off when she told me. We are close so that's why I heard of it.

edited to correct spoonerism, I keep writing no as know today for some dam reason.

Edited by Ron

and how/why is this newsworthy?

Gay person didn't get a tip...black guy called N while watching a movie, joe bobs dog pooped on john smiths car....there are more interesting things in this world.

in the US, i understand the concept of tipping. i always tip. i tip better for servers who smile lots, or who don't look at me funny when i ask for extra lime in my coke.

In the UK - tipping is stupid. we have min.wage

I think this story is depressing, but not news worthy. it's petty, but that about it