oh noes they're taking away our burgers!

Celethiel

• Site Administrator

Well I caved into going to Wendy's for the sake of research 0:)

I ordered the Portabella Bacon Mushroom Melt Burger on a Brioche bun :)

I was pleasantly surprised. The bun is on the sweet side but what I noticed most was the way it took out some of the harshness of the portabella mushrooms. Sometimes they can be overpowering and I did not find it that way in a mouth full of the bun at the same time.

Still, one of my favourite LTO burger Wendy's had a was Bacon Mushroom Melt, and it was regular mushroom burger but the liquified imitation cheese was all over the place. Yum.

The one I had today sure didn't have much cheese sauce on it :(

Blake, I can maybe answer your question about the bread. About 6 years ago in Canada, bread usually had about a 5 day life after being made. Our producers informed us that new breads coming from their plant would have a 'natural' enzyme added to it which would double it to 10-14 days shelf life. All the big producers use it now in making their bread. Instore baked breads do not have it added, so have the shorter life span.

I ordered the Portabella Bacon Mushroom Melt Burger on a Brioche bun :)

I was pleasantly surprised. The bun is on the sweet side but what I noticed most was the way it took out some of the harshness of the portabella mushrooms. Sometimes they can be overpowering and I did not find it that way in a mouth full of the bun at the same time.

You made me hungry  :angry: 

I'm not hungry :D I have cookies

I must thank you for subjecting yourself to these tests, for the greater good :P That said, im sure the best research uses repetition to make the results more reliable ;) maybe you should go try a few more times. 

I honestly don't understand why people are so against the idea of horse meat.   I am a horse lover and see no problem with consuming horse meat any more than I do venison, buffalo, ostrich, or any of the things that aren't the "big three".  I do think one should be aware of what it is they are being served before consuming it, but that is more from a potential health risk due to allergies issue than anything else. 

Anyway - back to the topic of Wendy's pretzel buns going poof and the replacement brioche -  I'll miss the pretzel, skip the brioche since it didn't impress me much, and swear the "portobella" mushrooms were regular old whites. 

You guys want to try a good burger - hit a "Cheeseburger,Cheeseburger"  It isn't fast food - each burger is cooked to order, and yes the entire experience was based on the old SNL routine.  In spite of not being "fast food" it is pretty quick service and a fun atmosphere to boot.