Only two weeks away!!! XD

I absolutely LOVE the John Wick movies!!! Easily one of my favorite top five franchises of ALL TIME!!! Four movies, and every single one of them is SICK!!!

Well, a short 3-part miniseries (and prequel) to John Wick is coming out next weekend...and I'm literally quaking with excitement! I mean, an entire hotel inhabited by top notch assassins??? How can you go wrong? Omigod, it's gonna be so cool! I can already tell! XD

Whenever I'm writing action scenes for "Gone From Daylight" or something, THIS is what is playing out in my head! But I can't, like...WRITE it! I can't capture the speed and intensity the way that I want to! But I'll get there eventually! Practice, practice, practice! :)

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Comicality said:

I absolutely LOVE the John Wick movies!!! Easily one of my favorite top five franchises of ALL TIME!!! Four movies, and every single one of them is SICK!!!

Well, a short 3-part miniseries (and prequel) to John Wick is coming out next weekend...and I'm literally quaking with excitement! I mean, an entire hotel inhabited by top notch assassins??? How can you go wrong? Omigod, it's gonna be so cool! I can already tell! XD

Whenever I'm writing action scenes for "Gone From Daylight" or something, THIS is what is playing out in my head! But I can't, like...WRITE it! I can't capture the speed and intensity the way that I want to! But I'll get there eventually! Practice, practice, practice! :)

Oh, I think you do a great job with your action sequences! I can ‘see’ how Justin is moving and how incredibly agile and fast his fights are. Don’t sell yourself short, Comsie! ♥️

• Love 2

Like @MrM said, don't sell yourself short. There's nothing wrong with your action scenes, and honestly, I like yours better, because I can slow down and 'replay' them as often as I like until I get it right, instead of just watching a blur of images and sounds and not having a clue what's going on.

It's hard to compete with movies and TV when it comes to that stuff, because they can just add intense music and a bunch of 'speed noises' to make their action scenes feel faster and more intense.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Comicality said:

Maybe my expectations are a bit high. But I seriously want to get those parts right, you know?

And I think you do. :hug:To me it's about approaching different media with different expectations. If I'm reading a book or a story I'm expecting to have to make up my own sounds and imagery in my head, even if it ends up not being 100% the same as what you had in mind. To me it's part of the fun.

• Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..