Need help finding a british TV show

crazyfish

I have memories of a British Show I used watch as a kid. Growing up, I never got the name of the show. All I remember is that the show was about a stupid guy. The guy was really dumb, and his antics could quite possibly cause WWIII.  No, this isn't Mr. Bean.  Whenever he gets caught being really stupid, he would pout his lips and keep rubbing his arms against his sides in a strange and pathetic manner.  That was his signature act that would draw a lot of laughs.  Oh I also remember that the theme song was whistling or flute based. I can't really tell. And the show could be based in the early 90's, 80's or 70's. I can't remember. 

All I got are vague clues. But it's bordering me that I'm having images of this show and not being able to place them. 

• Site Administrator

Sounds a bit like Some Mothers do have them. With Frank Spencer

That was going to be my guess, too.

I worked with someone once who had the misfortune to be name Francis Spencer. He never shortened his first name to Frank....

I have memories of a British Show I used watch as a kid. Growing up, I never got the name of the show. All I remember is that the show was about a stupid guy. The guy was really dumb, and his antics could quite possibly cause WWIII.  No, this isn't Mr. Bean.  Whenever he gets caught being really stupid, he would pout his lips and keep rubbing his arms against his sides in a strange and pathetic manner.  That was his signature act that would draw a lot of laughs.  Oh I also remember that the theme song was whistling or flute based.

Michael Crawford did all his own stunts. I've watched this clip many times and am always incredulous how the producers agreed such a sequence and to take such risks with their star actor - party pooper insurers would never allow it now... :(:lol:

As a bonus the theme you remember plays at the end :P

Edited by Zombie

Michael Crawford did all his own stunts. I've watched this clip many times and am always incredulous how the producers agreed such a sequence and to take such risks with their star actor - party pooper insurers would never allow it now... :(:lol:

As a bonus the theme you remember plays at the end :P

God, that video is frightening and amazing at the same time.