What are you reading?

JamesSavik

Oops, I didn't know this thread was here when I started the other, sorry!

M.C. Beaton´s Agatha Raisin is one of my favourite detectives. I bought first two books while visiting York (UK) in 2004 and have bought more every time I´m in England or order from Amazon. Now I´m reading the newest book Something borrowed, something dead.

Agatha Raisin is middle-aged, divorced and has her own detective agency. She is always dieting, smoking and drinking too much, looking for love and a husband, and lives with her cats in Cotswold. She´s a funny character and I really like her. 

I love Agatha Raisin, but my favorite of the series is probably Quiche of Death, because the title cracks me up.

Now working my way through Harold Bloom's What to Read and Why

• 2 weeks later...

Agent to the Star by John Scalzi

I like Scalzi- a lot. I was listening to the audio-book version laughing my ass off.

Our hero is a Hollywood agent who gets a very unusual client: a gelatinous alien that smells like dead fish, speaks in smells and name smells like a year old cat box.

These aliens, who know humanity by our television, need lots of help with their image so naturally, they went to find a publicist.

http://www.amazon.com/Agent-Stars-John-Scalzi/dp/0765357003/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401753146&sr

• Like 1