Cat saves 4 year old boy from dog

W_L

I saw this video and was wow'ed by the cat's bravery to take on a dog that is probably heavier and stronger than her.

I am really impressed by the ca, who no one can call a pussy :P

I know this piece of news is now viral, but wanted to discuss this just to see if anyone (James, I am looking at the old cat :P ) thinks that Cats can be as loyal and fearless as dogs are.

• Like 3

That´s amazing! I´ve seen my cat stand up for himself when a neighbour´s rottweiler came running and barking towards him. My cat stood still, every hair standing up and hissing, the dog went away, literally tail between his legs. 

I always wonder how anyone can keep on filming when something like this happens....I´d drop the camera and run to help the child.

I always wonder how anyone can keep on filming when something like this happens....I´d drop the camera and run to help the child.

It was surveillance cameras who taped it :)

• Like 1

I had four cats at one time.  in the afternoons, i'd let my two dogs out of their pens(blue heeler and australian sheperd at the time)  They'd get their exercise by playing with their feline buddies.  One afternoon hubby and I were sitting on the patio watching our menagerie play.  One of our friends drove up with his dog.  When he got out, his dog jumped out of the back of his truck and started running toward my two dogs growling and barking. All of my cats immediately stood up on their back legs, blocking the dog from my two dogs which were fives times as big as they were.  The dog tucked it's tail and the owner caught him running up the highway.  We were known for having 'watch cats'. lol.  I was amazed :o

• Like 1

yeah i saw that, i can't help but think: My human! MINE! back off!" *cat proceeds to claw off dog's face..*

"Ruff" :P

I like both, but think cats have had a bad rap for too long. I prefer dogs, but I don't hate cats.

Cats are extremely possissive as well, they aren't exactly guard dogs, but they will keep foreign animals away from their owners.

Edited by W_L

• Site Administrator

One of my cats growls any time there are 'strangers' around.  Like neighboring cats or people who knock on the door.  It freaks me out when he does it at night, since I'm not sure what he's growling at.  One night, he was on the bed right next to me growling and made sure I was awake before he ran off an hid.  So I have a good watch kitty of my own.  :) 

My cat will actually claw someone who starts up my deck steps if I'm sitting on the deck alone, and she doesn't know the person.  She lays on the mats at the top of the deck. :P

• Like 1

unprovoked dog attacks are very rare. good for that cat though. he's brilliant.

it saddens me that few will feel sorry for the wasted life of the dog. Yes, it obviously was dangerous and needed to be destroyed, but what did someone do to it to make it that way?

unprovoked dog attacks are very rare. good for that cat though. he's brilliant.

it saddens me that few will feel sorry for the wasted life of the dog. Yes, it obviously was dangerous and needed to be destroyed, but what did someone do to it to make it that way?

I think that cat is a girl :D

I do feel sorry for the pup, but he almost killed a child. Are dog's responsible for their actions or is it their owners, home, genetics, and environment? (Not sure how touchy puppy death penalty is, it's not political right)

I think that cat is a girl :D

I do feel sorry for the pup, but he almost killed a child. Are dog's responsible for their actions or is it their owners, home, genetics, and environment? (Not sure how touchy puppy death penalty is, it's not political right)

Issues involving dogs are hardly ever to do with genetics and everything else (home and environment) is down to their owners. owners are to blame nearly every time.

I do feel sorry for the dog, it's sad  :,(  :(