Sorry about the wait. Myr had something he was doing this weekend and I didn't know about it in time to get the chapters to him before he left. I'm quite certain that he will get them posted as soon as he is able to do so...Look on the bright side, you'll have both a chapter of DOR and a chapter of Service to read. :)

WARNING: SPOILERS CONTAINED

Well I have to say that was completely unexpected. I never thought he'd go all the way back to second grade. I'm very curious to see what his plan is for getting his dad to change professions, and what profession he's going to get him to change to. I'm glad that he's also decided to try to avoid being heavily involved in shaping things, since we all know how much good that has done. It sucks that it is gonna be 5 years before he gets a chance to win Brian over, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Good chapter Dan. I can't wait for more!

Oh, of course you set it up quite well! Papa might not need an electronics store, but Davey's dad sure could use one right about now! He just got his father a job -- and, since he's within a few hours from Steve Jobs and the other homebrewers, guess who becomes incredibly successful - and influential!

PS - I just hope he remembers to get a hold of Brian's uncle. :)

I obviously don't post much, but I was wondering about the color change (even though I like the green better than the red!) and why this is a continuation of "Redux" and not a new series ("Threedux"!) since it is a new timeline?

I agree that it sucks for Davey to have to wait 5 years to see Brian again! But at least he will have a chance to improve on the last situation.

Thanks Dan!

Jack

Guest timtheslut

alrighty then.

after reading DO and DOR in a 7 day marathon, i just have to say the green was a welcome change.

dam, dan, dam.

vampire got me hooked, and now dan has me in his grips.(be gentle dan!)

ok, so i liked DO better, but i like brian too.(dan, you owe me a monitor. i broke my 17" while reading DOR29 where brian kisses davey and then gets shot in the same moment-now im back to the tiny 15"-i hope your happy)

i know better than to ruin perfectly good plot lines 0:) , so im not even gonna say what i want to see happen next. it's in more than capable hands.

but really, what an awesome story with the potential to be a neverending story.

ok im off to read service 7 now--i couldnt put down DOR till i was done with it :worship:

ok, so i liked DO better, but i like brian too.(dan, you owe me a monitor. i broke my 17" while reading DOR29 where brian kisses davey and then gets shot in the same moment-now im back to the tiny 15"-i hope your happy)

If you want to come visit, we have a 19" you can use while you're here...

Um - monitor I mean 0:)

:D

Guest timtheslut

ok then, i'll be on the west coast in july-- expect me anytime after the 4th of july.(just so you know, once im on the west coast it can be very difficult to get me to leave)

but serioulsy, i forgot to mention something in my last post

while reading the last few chapters of DOR, the movie "the butterfly effect" with ashton kutcher was on the satellite, and all i can say is that was a freaky movie to watch while reading DO or DOR.

Lots of unexpected things in this chapter!

I've also got to say, this is probably the first time in the history of Sci-fi that the protagonist goes back in time, and promptly gets a spanking! ROFL!

Very, very interesting though... I think I see where he is going with the programming, electronics, and gambling: As a wild guess, he's going to try and set things up so he has the resources to take out the other time travelers himself, without having to involve the government.

Guest timtheslut
Lots of unexpected things in this chapter!

I've also got to say, this is probably the first time in the history of Sci-fi that the protagonist goes back in time, and promptly gets a spanking! ROFL!

Very, very interesting though... I think I see where he is going with the programming, electronics, and gambling: As a wild guess, he's going to try and set things up so he has the resources to take out the other time travelers himself, without having to involve the government.

yea that was good. it's gotta be a pain to get an asswhooping after the 1/2 century mark!

and it definitely looks like he will definitely be more prepared this time around. i cant say what i want to about it though, as im not gonna b the one to ruin any more plots for dan. im just a readin fool from now on 0:)

ok then, i'll be on the west coast in july-- expect me anytime after the 4th of july.(just so you know, once im on the west coast it can be very difficult to get me to leave)

Actually, we'll be gone on vacation from July 8 through July 15... though... hmm 0:) how are you at dog-sitting?

I just realized Tim was from Wisconsin. I had a roomate from there while I was stationed at the Gunner's Mate 'A' School in Great Lakes, Il. Very cute guy who tended to run around in nothing but spandex shorts and tight t-shirts when not in uniform. He took me on a drive with him to visit his home town a time or two.

I certainly remember the two packs a day of Lucky Strikes that he smoked...and his nice, thick...um never mind. :)

yea that was good. it's gotta be a pain to get an asswhooping after the 1/2 century mark!

and it definitely looks like he will definitely be more prepared this time around. i cant say what i want to about it though, as im not gonna b the one to ruin any more plots for dan. im just a readin fool from now on 0:)

He's definitely more prepared, and I suspect he has a plan.

I forgot to say that I really loved that sentence about nightmares walking the earth (his teacher). That was a real ROFL for me!!

The following was a part of a comment I made to one of Dan's posts on Dom's forum. I thought it might be more appropriate here.

However, there is another story here on GA that, as of the last chapter, has an opening (due to starting over) for that kind of thing. It's all about a time-traveling kid, and he's just about to go back into his own past, and who knows, this time he might try a three-way with Trevor and Brandon... Or. who knows, a 4 way with Brian, too? Right after a baseball game?

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

To which Tim replied

how about the time traveling kid in an all out orgy with brian, brandon, trevor, sean, sam, and david(i hope i didnt ruin a plot line there 0:) )

Well, we'd best be careful not mention the above in Dan's forum, otherwise he might get ideas. :devil::devil::devil:

Isn't that the age where kids get curious about differences and similarities in anatomy, though ?

Since I'm trying very hard not to look like I'm talking from experience, it would be really cool if someone could link a long, serious and boring article about it. Please. >_>;

Oddly, I feel more sorry than ever for Davey. Well, of course he has "duties" to fulfil and being in a 7 years old body is nothing but an hindrance the way I see it. But beyond that, the poor guy seems to have to deal with the worst part of being that age and to have nothing good out of it.

Things like cuddling and hugging with my family members took a noteworthy part of my daily schedule. You just don't do that anymore once you reach a certain age. (although I admit I claim my grandfather's arm every time we go out on the pretense that at his age he might fall any moment. He agrees.)

Yeah ok, you stumble and fall often but -asides from the fact that it's often due to actions despising common sense and law of gravity- most of the time, kids just bounce back on their feet while adults would be good for a trip to the hospital.

The couch is a whole kingdom when you're 7. When you're 26, that's another story especially when you have to share it with your -not so little anymore- little brother.

And the best part is that in most families, nobody expect you to act reasonably and with understandable purposes all the time. Try avoid walking on the lines of the paving when you're 7, nobody cares. When you're older you're a basketcase. Why do that, you might ask ? Well, why not ? Because it's useless and meaningless. Ah... Meanings, utility, purposes, goals of adults' actions... Isn't that tiring sometimes, honestly ?

Sure, childhood has its own problems, but from an adult perspective, it should hold some really enjoyable sides. And the poor devil get spanked. You're so mean to your characters. ^^

You guys are gross...who wants to watch a bunch of 7 year olds getting it on?

Sorry, had to tease ya...

ERK! :blink: Well, ya got me there, because DOR32 wasn't out when I wrote the original comment, and I didn't know he was going back THAT far.. And for some reason I picture Davey at "arrival time" as around 16 in the first two DO's (and I know that doesn't fit the story facts, but for some reason it's how I seem him and his friends.)

But, Dan, that was EXACTLY the point I was hoping you would raise... 0:) Because, I couldn't agree more, and the solution is quite simple: Wait until Davey and .co are in high school.. So, let's see, that's about ten years in his future, right? 0:) And a year of his life averages around 5 chapters? 0:) So, somewhere around DOR80, there could be some really intriguing scenes involving all the guys, baseball uniforms, and Trevor's barn... :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

(And if anyone picks up on the fact that I'm trying to manpuulate Dan into giving us 50 more chapters, shhhhh, please don't tell him...)

I've never been a fan of the background colors used for Dan's stories - he obviously has a reason for the color he chooses, but I always change the BG to black and text to a yellow or light grey for ease of reading. As Maddox says "looking at a white background with black text is like trying to read the writing on a light bulb while it is on." Orange isn't as bad as white, but I don't fancy it.

I think I complained about the color thing when I was reading the HP stories...can't remember. Anyway, I like the new chapters. It'll be interesting to see how Dan closes out DO/DOR for good in a chapter or two!

Cheers!

Aaron N.

Edited by Nor