Howdy

About a week ago I posted a chapter of a story I've been working on for a while under Sneak Peeks.

I was overwhelmed by the enthusiastic responses I received and by the constructive comments left by several authors, editors and admin staff members. This will be my initial foray into sharing my writing with the public at large and I'm looking for some help.

I plan on a multi-chapter series with each chapter being under than 3k words. Would love to post the initial five chapters on a daily basis and then move to a weekly posting. I have a few already finished so anyone willing to share their knowledge and expertise can start as soon as we figure out the mechanics. I'm at a loss of how that would work also.

The central character is CJ, a 15-year-old boy who has just moved to DC at the beginning of the summer of 2013. The story will follow him and a cast of characters, both teens and adults over the next couple of years.

Although sex is not central to the story it will play an important role and some of it may be graphic so this will definitely be for Mature Audiences.I hope to entertain the readers while doing a little educating, a little preaching and some sightseeing based mostly on my actual travels around the USA.

Hopefully the above provides a good enough summary to entice some of you to volunteer or at least to ask for further information. Realizing I'm a rookie, some experience would be welcome.

Looking forward to hearing from t'all!

Carlos

Hey Carlos,

Im still a little inexperienced myself to be of any real help to you, but i just wanted to comment that the way you presented your post, I dont see you having many errors to fix. I will certainly take a look at your writing and comment though, and Im sure an editor for you will come forward soon.

Best of luck with the writing, and just go for it :)

Matt

x

• Like 2

I can't speak to other Author/Editor teams, but what I do with the fantastic authors I work with is they either e-mail or attach each chapter to me. I use Word 2010 to edit making margin notes for suggested changes to content, and track changes to show where I corrected spelling and/or punctuation, and made small changes to correct grammar. When finished I return the chapters through the same medium they sent it to me. Some prefer e-mail, others the pm system here on GA.

May I suggest rather than post the 5 chapters you have in 5 consecutive days, set them up on a regular schedule to post automatically, say one per week. That would give you a five week cushion to work on subsequent chapters. A nice buffer if you hit a stint needing extensive research, find your time to write limited, or generally just don't feel like writing for a few days!

I am looking forward to reading!  I am sorry I don't have time I could offer you to help with the project!

• Like 1

Hi Matt.

Sounds interesting. To grab the attention of an editor, it might be a good idea to post an excerpt into this forum. But, be patient. We only have a handful of active editors and the moment one is available, I will be in a position to refer them. I head up the editing team, please keep me posted if you do find an editor.

• Like 2

Thank you for the response Mr. Harris and thanks for jumping in Graeme..... damn time differences!

I'm the one seeking assistance, Carlos. Matt was just replying to my post. And as Graeme said, I posted a sample chapter in Sneak Peeks but would be glad to re-post here if you feel it's necessary. Based on the comments I received I went back to the chapter and tweaked it a bit. Been doing that to everything else that's already written while at the same time moving ahead with the story line.

A couple of individuals have volunteered as Beta Readers but no Editors yet. I'll wait until someone thinks they have the time. And if anyone wants to see more than that sample I posted just drop me a line and I'll be glad to share some more.

Carlos

• Like 1