Gay Briton Ray Cole released from Moroccan jail

MarcW

Of course, but it's also a good lesson about being careful where you travel, for many reasons. 

good point - maybe we should have an advisory thread about safe and unsafe LGBT travel destinations?

Of course, but it's also a good lesson about being careful where you travel, for many reasons. 

good point - maybe we should have an advisory thread about safe and unsafe LGBT travel destinations?

For a start, before going to a foreign country, a little online research on gay rights in the country might be well advised. If gay sex is illegal there, you might consider meeting up someplace else.

You might also consider NOT recording video of an illegal act.

For a start, before going to a foreign country, a little online research on gay rights in the country might be well advised. If gay sex is illegal there, you might consider meeting up someplace else.

You might also consider NOT recording video of an illegal act.

he was interviewed on TV. I was not impressed - struck me as a selfish uncaring git.

Your advice is, of course, essential for all LGBT, rustle. But I was thinking not just the law but how it's applied and also local attitudes. Russia for example. As far as I'm aware gay sex is not illegal there - but... Russian attitudes to LGBT are shocking, including violence. And the law in India has recently gone back decades, making gay sex illegal, which does not sit well with a country that is busy promoting itself as a safe and desirable travel destination.

Would there be any support if we had a pinned thread to share not just the legal position in other countries but also personal experiences?

• Like 2

he was interviewed on TV. I was not impressed - struck me as a selfish uncaring git.

Your advice is, of course, essential for all LGBT, rustle. But I was thinking not just the law but how it's applied and also local attitudes. Russia for example. As far as I'm aware gay sex is not illegal there - but... Russian attitudes to LGBT are shocking, including violence. And the law in India has recently gone back decades, making gay sex illegal, which does not sit well with a country that is busy promoting itself as a safe and desirable travel destination.

Would there be any support if we had a pinned thread to share not just the legal position in other countries but also personal experiences?

Zombie, it's funny, but you and I are opposite sides of the same coin here. I'd be more likely to research cultural attitudes in general than legality of sex acts. But I live in Texas. where things are a bit backward.

What I've read about the story leads me to believe he was a sex tourist, even if he only had one partner in mind. His son's comments sounded as if the guy's family was surprised by his actions.

• Like 1